|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 A Court at Once Gay, Decadent, and Superb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it dangerous for Mary to remain in England?
(a) She could be put in the hands of English Catholics who wanted her to claim the throne.
(b) She did not speak English well and had trouble communicating.
(c) She was extremely depressed and wanted to travel.
(d) She was not well constituted to live in England and was constantly ill.
2. Why did Elizabeth feel competitive toward Mary Queen of Scots?
(a) Mary was a better musician than Elizabeth.
(b) Mary spoke more languages than Elizabeth.
(c) Mary was younger than Elizabeth and rumored to be beautiful.
(d) Mary's wardrobe was rumored to be more substantial than Elizabeth's.
3. Why wouldn't Elizabeth I name a successor?
(a) She could not decide who would be best.
(b) She was too busy.
(c) She did not want to give up her power.
(d) She had no one appropriate to succeed.
4. What was Elizabeth's nickname?
(a) Queen of Scots.
(b) Bloody Mary.
(c) Old Faithful.
(d) The Virgin Queen.
5. Why did Elizabeth avoid the homes of her childhood?
(a) She enjoyed the Tower more than all the residences.
(b) They were fallen into disrepair and too expensive to fix.
(c) She did not have good memories from those places.
(d) They were occupied by her other relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth remake Dudley into the Earl of Leicester?
2. Who took over the Scottish monarch?
3. Why weren't there many women at Elizabeth's court?
4. How did Elizabeth take her meals?
5. How long were Amy Dudley and Robert Dudley married?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)