|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 A Court at Once Gay, Decadent, and Superb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elizabeth remake Dudley into the Earl of Leicester?
(a) She wanted him to be a more attractive match for Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) She wanted him to be eligible to marry for herself.
(c) She wanted him to marry a Spanish heiress.
(d) She owed him a favor and was tired of him whining.
2. What was Elizabeth's nickname?
(a) Bloody Mary.
(b) Old Faithful.
(c) Queen of Scots.
(d) The Virgin Queen.
3. Why did Elizabeth renew her marriage negotiations with Erik of Sweden?
(a) She did not want him to transfer his proposal to Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) He sent her a beautiful gift that completely enchanted her.
(c) She missed his letters and his company.
(d) He finally learned English.
4. Why was Norfolk committed to the Tower?
(a) Elizabeth thought he would lead an uprising using Mary Queen of Scots.
(b) Elizabeth was in love with him and he angered her.
(c) He plotted to marry Catherine de'Medici.
(d) He offended Elizabeth in front of the court.
5. Who did Mary Queen of Scots actually want to wed?
(a) The Earl of Moray, her half-brother.
(b) The Early of Leicester.
(c) Lord Darnley, son of Mary Stuart.
(d) Erik of Sweden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which monarch ordered the most religion-related executions during his/her reign?
2. Why did Elizabeth want her suitors to visit England in person?
3. How many progresses did Elizabeth go on during her reign?
4. Who was Mary Queen of Scots' adviser?
5. How did Elizabeth's marriage games ultimately help England?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)