|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 A Court at Once Gay, Decadent, and Superb.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why weren't there many women at Elizabeth's court?
(a) The female courtiers did not like her and refused to go.
(b) Most women died in childbirth.
(c) The men did not bring them because they wanted to marry Elizabeth.
(d) She preferred to be the center of male attention.
2. Who was sent to negotiate the treaty with Scotland and France?
(a) Robert Dudley.
(b) Pope Pius IV.
(c) Sir William Cecil.
(d) Nicholas Throckmorton.
3. What was the main event Elizabeth's council wanted to take place?
(a) They wanted her to marry and produce an heir.
(b) They wanted to have a coronation ball.
(c) They wanted to go to war with Spain.
(d) They wanted to lower taxes.
4. How did Amy Dudley's death affect her husband?
(a) He was gleeful and immediately proposed to Elizabeth.
(b) He was forgiven by the people after his guilty verdict.
(c) He was distraught and would not speak for weeks.
(d) Too much suspicion was cast upon Robert for him to marry the Queen.
5. What right did the Queen have in regard to her ladies in waiting?
(a) She had the right to execute them at will.
(b) She had the right to approve their marriages.
(c) She had the right to demand they dance.
(d) She had the right to send them to France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Amy Dudley and Robert Dudley married?
2. Why did Elizabeth avoid the homes of her childhood?
3. What item(s) were discovered that incriminated Mary in Darnley's murder?
4. How did Elizabeth take her meals?
5. Why, though a political lightweight, was Darnley not allowed to go to Scotland?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)