Introduction and Chapter 1, The Most English Woman in England
1. Elizabeth I was queen of which country?
2. Who does Elizabeth I succeed?
(a) Katharine of Aragon, her stepmother.
(b) Lady Jane Grey, her cousin.
(c) Mary Queen of Scots, her aunt.
(d) Mary I, her sister.
3. Who was the mother of Elizabeth I mother?
(a) Katherine Parr.
(b) Anne Boleyn.
(c) Katharine of Aragon.
(d) Mary Tudor.
4. How many wives did Henry VIII have throughout his lifetime?
5. In what year did Henry VIII die?
6. Who was the younger brother of Elizabeth I?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) James I.
(c) Edward VI.
(d) Henry VII.
7. Who was Elizabeth's childhood teacher?
(a) Sir Robert Dudley.
(b) Roger Ascham
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Thomas Parry.
8. Why did Edward VI perish in 1553?
(a) He contracted tuberculosis.
(b) He was in a carriage accident.
(c) He drowned at sea.
(d) He suffered from the bubonic plague.
9. How was Lady Jane Grey related to Elizabeth?
(a) She was her cousin.
(b) She was her mother.
(c) She was her sister.
(d) She was her aunt.
This section contains 5,104 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)