Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Edith Bratt
1. Who provides the main order of the letters included in the book?
2. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
3. Based on the information in the Introduction, how many chapters does the book have?
4. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
5. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
6. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
7. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
8. How often does Tolkien write to Edith during the time they are separated?
9. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
Mrs. E.M. Wright.
10. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
11. What German...
This section contains 3,035 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)