|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, To Anne Barrett of Houghton Mifflin Co..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
2. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
(b) It is not clear.
3. Based on Tolkien's letter to W.H. Auden, who is responsible for shaping an individual's behavior?
(a) The individual.
(b) People around the individual.
(c) Neither the individual nor people around them.
(d) The individual and people around them.
4. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
5. How many academic articles is Tolkien a writer for, as referred to in "The Professor"?
(a) At least ten.
(b) Over twenty.
(c) At least one.
(d) At least twenty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only date found on Letter #182?
2. What is Allen & Unwin?
3. Why does Tolkien think his new position at the university will be better received in Letter #182?
4. How does Tolkien consider the term "Elves"?
5. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)