|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, To Anne Barrett of Houghton Mifflin Co..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
(a) Too many analogies.
(c) Too many metaphors.
2. What words does Tolkien use to replace "Elves"?
(a) Elf and Elfen.
(b) Elfen and Elven.
(c) Elf, Elfen, and Elven.
(d) Elf and Elven.
3. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
(a) His skills, abilities, and sense of humor.
(b) His skills and sense of humor.
(c) His skills and abilities.
(d) His abilities and sense of humor.
4. In what year does Tolkien become disturbed by the length of time to publish The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Silmarillion?
5. When is Letter #185 written to Christopher and Faith Tolkien?
(a) June 9.
(b) April 19.
(c) July 9.
(d) March 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
2. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
3. How does Tolkien expect the publisher to respond to his opinions of the cover designs?
4. What year does Tolkien write to his publisher with his thoughts on the original cover designs?
5. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)