|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, To Anne Barrett of Houghton Mifflin Co..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Tolkien's letter to W.H. Auden, who is responsible for shaping an individual's behavior?
(a) The individual and people around them.
(b) People around the individual.
(c) The individual.
(d) Neither the individual nor people around them.
2. As stated in "The Professor," when are <i>The Lord of the Rings</i> books officially published?
3. How do the Belgians describe Tolkien in Letter #165?
(a) The author of <i>The Silmarillion</i>.
(b) The creator of Mr. Bilbo Baggins.
(c) The creator of Gandolf.
(d) The author of <i>The Hobbit<i> and <i>The Lord of the Rings</i>.
4. By what year does Tolkien insist that his books be published with his new publisher?
5. What words does Tolkien use to replace "Elves"?
(a) Elf and Elven.
(b) Elfen and Elven.
(c) Elf, Elfen, and Elven.
(d) Elf and Elfen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Rings of Power does the One Ring control?
2. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
3. According to the information in Letter #182, what position does Tolkien now have?
4. In what month does Tolkien write to Christopher about the writing process for <i>The Hobbit</i>?
5. What request is made of Tolkien after he finishes <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)