|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
2. What is Allen & Unwin?
(a) A printing service.
(b) A bank.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) A law firm.
3. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
(a) English Literature.
(d) Middle English.
4. As Tolkien explains in Letter #131, what motivates The Enemy in his stories?
(a) Evil intentions.
(b) Good intentions.
(c) Complicated intentions.
(d) Unknown intentions.
5. Which character does Tolkien indicate has gained the most power by wearing the Ring?
(a) The Witch-king of Angmar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolkien design the book, Farmer Giles of Ham?
2. How many improvements does Tolkien indicate he has made to the manuscript for Farmer Giles of Ham?
3. Why does Tolkien's new publisher need a summary of the books?
4. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
5. According to Tolkien in Letter #131, what is the source of magic in his stories?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)