|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
(c) English Literature.
(d) Middle English.
2. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
3. As mentioned in Letter #69, which specific part of his manuscript does Tolkien plan on revising?
(a) When the Sun has risen and set.
(b) When the Moon has risen and set.
(c) Where the Sun has risen and set.
(d) Where the Moon has risen and set.
4. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
(a) They do not have the same writing style as the other sections.
(b) They do not fit in with the storyline.
(c) They are too long.
(d) They are too short.
5. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of a friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves, as Tolkien explains in Letter #131?
2. How many improvements does Tolkien indicate he has made to the manuscript for Farmer Giles of Ham?
3. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
4. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
5. What words does Tolkien use to replace "Elves"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)