|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
(a) Christopher Tolkien.
(b) Edith Bratt.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(d) Humphrey Carpenter.
2. What is the result of a friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves, as Tolkien explains in Letter #131?
(a) An improvement in the arts.
(b) A decline of the arts.
(c) An improvement in education.
(d) A decline of education.
3. What chapter of the book that Tolkien is working on is he considering altering in Letter #128?
(a) Chapter 3.
(b) Chapter 8.
(c) Chapter 5.
(d) Chapter 10.
4. In Letter #130, what distinction does Tolkien make about the artificial languages he creates for his books?
(a) They are seldom used in real life.
(b) They are a combination of two real-life languages.
(c) They are the opposite of an actual real life language.
(d) They are never used in real life.
5. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads The Enemy in Tolkien's stories?
2. Where does the friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves that Tolkien refers to in Letter #131 take place?
3. Where is the man whose accent Tolkien refers to as "English after being wiped over with a dirty sponge" from?
4. Which character does Tolkien indicate has gained the most power by wearing the Ring?
5. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)