|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
(a) Humphrey Carpenter.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(c) Edith Bratt.
(d) Christopher Tolkien.
2. What is the skill or ability of the Elves'?
3. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
(a) His skills, abilities, and sense of humor.
(b) His skills and sense of humor.
(c) His abilities and sense of humor.
(d) His skills and abilities.
4. What happens when Tolkien first decides to approach the publishers about the delay of the books?
(a) The publishers do not respond.
(b) The publishers take even more time.
(c) The publishers decline to publish them.
(d) The publishers provide a list of excuses.
5. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
2. What request is made of Tolkien after he finishes Farmer Giles of Ham?
3. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
4. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
5. What invention does Tolkien make when writing the poem being discussed with Unwin?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)