|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Tolkien write to Christopher about the writing process for The Hobbit?
2. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
3. What is the only thing capable of destroying the Ring in Tolkien's story?
(a) The water from a specific river.
(b) The power generated from another ring.
(c) A special type of fire.
(d) A certain magical spell.
4. As stated in the letters included in "Publisher Drama," how many times does Tolkien have the chance to use the poetic invention he makes?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
(a) His abilities and sense of humor.
(b) His skills, abilities, and sense of humor.
(c) His skills and sense of humor.
(d) His skills and abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tolkien first decides to approach the publishers about the delay of the books?
2. Who participates in the Machine?
3. What is Allen & Unwin?
4. What book inspired a schoolboy to write to Tolkien, prompting his response in Letter #114?
5. Where does the friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves that Tolkien refers to in Letter #131 take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)