|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. How do the Hobbits respond to magic in Tolkien's stories?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They are amused by it.
(c) They are angered by it.
(d) They try to ignore it.
3. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. Which one of the following best describes Tolkien's recount of the history surrounding his poem in "Publisher Drama"?
5. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Rings of Power does the One Ring control?
2. What is causing the culture of the Elves to suffer?
3. What issue does a woman's presence raise for Tolkien in "Publisher Drama"?
4. Why does Tolkien's new publisher need a summary of the books?
5. What invention does Tolkien make when writing the poem being discussed with Unwin?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)