|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolkien originally respond to Unwin's request about the poem?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is grateful.
(c) He is unaware of it.
(d) He is indifferent.
2. Which one of Tolkien's books explains the history of Elvenkind?
(a) The Lord of the Rings.
(b) The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún.
(c) The Silmarillion.
(d) The Hobbit.
3. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
4. Who leads The Enemy in Tolkien's stories?
(c) The Nazgul.
5. How often does Tolkien write to Edith during the time they are separated?
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assertion does Tolkien make about Farmer Giles of Ham?
2. Why does Tolkien's new publisher need a summary of the books?
3. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
4. In describing the power of the pen, what aspect of fiction writing does Tolkien refer to when explaining his own writing process and the way he invents characters?
5. As stated in the letters included in "Publisher Drama," how many times does Tolkien have the chance to use the poetic invention he makes?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)