|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Tolkien become disturbed by the length of time to publish The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Silmarillion?
2. What is the result of a friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves, as Tolkien explains in Letter #131?
(a) An improvement in education.
(b) A decline of education.
(c) A decline of the arts.
(d) An improvement in the arts.
3. What is Allen & Unwin?
(a) A printing service.
(b) A publishing house.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A bank.
4. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
(a) They are too short.
(b) They do not fit in with the storyline.
(c) They do not have the same writing style as the other sections.
(d) They are too long.
5. Which one of the following best describes Tolkien's recount of the history surrounding his poem in "Publisher Drama"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Machine described in Letter #131?
2. How does Tolkien design the book, Farmer Giles of Ham?
3. By what year does Tolkien insist that his books be published with his new publisher?
4. After the Hobbits originate, where does the Dark Power that Tolkien describes in Letter #131 exist?
5. Which poem does Rayner Unwin initially write to Tolkien about?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)