|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolkien think children will respond to Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) They will not like it.
(b) They might like it.
(c) They will not understand it.
(d) He encourages them not to read it.
2. How does Tolkien design the book, Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) To be read aloud.
(b) To be read as several separate stories.
(c) Not to be read aloud.
(d) To be read in one sitting.
3. In what month does Tolkien write to Christopher about the writing process for The Hobbit?
4. As Tolkien explains in Letter #131, what motivates The Enemy in his stories?
(a) Unknown intentions.
(b) Complicated intentions.
(c) Evil intentions.
(d) Good intentions.
5. What request is made of Tolkien after he finishes Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) That he edit some of the book to make it shorter.
(b) That he remove two of the characters.
(c) That he write more stories to make a large volume.
(d) That he adds to the ending to make it more complete.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
2. Why does Tolkien's new publisher need a summary of the books?
3. Where does the friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves that Tolkien refers to in Letter #131 take place?
4. What issue does a woman's presence raise for Tolkien in "Publisher Drama"?
5. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)