|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
2. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
3. As Tolkien explains in Letter #131, what motivates The Enemy in his stories?
(a) Good intentions.
(b) Unknown intentions.
(c) Evil intentions.
(d) Complicated intentions.
4. During the time these letters are written, what term do the British typically use to label Americans?
(c) City folk.
5. What issue does a woman's presence raise for Tolkien in "Publisher Drama"?
(a) The spoken word vs. the written word.
(b) Novels vs. poems.
(c) Published works vs. unpublished works.
(d) Poems vs. short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
2. Why does Tolkien's new publisher need a summary of the books?
3. Which poem does Rayner Unwin initially write to Tolkien about?
4. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
5. After the Hobbits originate, where does the Dark Power that Tolkien describes in Letter #131 exist?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)