|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
2. What is the skill or ability of the Elves'?
3. How does Tolkien describe the writing of <i>The Hobbit</i> to Christopher?
(a) Both easy and difficult.
(b) Neither easy nor difficult.
4. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
(a) Mrs. E.M. Wright.
(b) Mrs. C.S. Wright.
(c) Mrs. C.S. White.
(d) Mrs. E.M. White.
5. How many improvements does Tolkien indicate he has made to the manuscript for <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) Only a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter #130, what distinction does Tolkien make about the artificial languages he creates for his books?
2. What invention does Tolkien make when writing the poem being discussed with Unwin?
3. How does Tolkien describe the change that he has made to his manuscript in Letter #129?
4. During the time these letters are written, what term do the British typically use to label Americans?
5. How does Tolkien think children will respond to <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)