|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German word meaning "essential" does Tolkien refer to in Letter #6, stating that it is actually viewed as an English word?
2. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
3. Which one of the following best describes Tolkien's recount of the history surrounding his poem in "Publisher Drama"?
4. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
5. What is causing the culture of the Elves to suffer?
(a) The abundance of different cultures.
(b) The limited education.
(c) The lack of resources.
(d) The psychological effects of their immortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Tolkien's books explains the history of Elvenkind?
2. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
3. Where is the man whose accent Tolkien refers to as "English after being wiped over with a dirty sponge" from?
4. How does Tolkien consider the term "Elves"?
5. What is Allen & Unwin?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)