|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in the letters included in "Publisher Drama," how many times does Tolkien have the chance to use the poetic invention he makes?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
2. What is the skill or ability of the Elves'?
3. What chapter of the book that Tolkien is working on is he considering altering in Letter #128?
(a) Chapter 3.
(b) Chapter 8.
(c) Chapter 10.
(d) Chapter 5.
4. How does Tolkien originally respond to Unwin's request about the poem?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is unaware of it.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is grateful.
5. What does Tolkien offer to the schoolboy in Letter #114?
(a) An encyclopedia set.
(b) Early copies of documents.
(c) Monogrammed stationery.
(d) The first draft of a never released manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What German word meaning "essential" does Tolkien refer to in Letter #6, stating that it is actually viewed as an English word?
2. According to Tolkien in Letter #131, what is the source of magic in his stories?
3. As mentioned by Tolkien in Letter #131, when do the Hobbits first come into being?
4. When does the history of the Elves begin?
5. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)