|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
(a) Mrs. C.S. Wright.
(b) Mrs. E.M. Wright.
(c) Mrs. C.S. White.
(d) Mrs. E.M. White.
2. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
3. As stated in the letters included in "Publisher Drama," how many times does Tolkien have the chance to use the poetic invention he makes?
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
4. Where is the man whose accent Tolkien refers to as "English after being wiped over with a dirty sponge" from?
(b) New England.
(c) New Hampshire.
5. Who does Tolkien say are the only people interested in reading his literary works in Letter #115?
(a) C.S. Lewis and his son.
(b) Only C.S. Lewis.
(c) Only his wife and son.
(d) C.S. Lewis and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the letters selected for "To Unwin about The Hobbit" have in common?
2. What point does Tolkien make about his book, The Silmarillion, in Letter #131?
3. Which of the following is the main thing that separates the Hobbits and the enemy?
4. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
5. What German word meaning "essential" does Tolkien refer to in Letter #6, stating that it is actually viewed as an English word?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)