|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Tolkien write to Christopher about the writing process for The Hobbit?
2. Where does the friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves that Tolkien refers to in Letter #131 take place?
(a) The Shire.
(c) Fangorn Forest.
(d) The Misty Mountains.
3. As stated in the letters included in "Publisher Drama," how many times does Tolkien have the chance to use the poetic invention he makes?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
4. How is the Machine described in Letter #131?
(a) Industrialized and disciplined.
(b) Industrialized, but undisciplined.
(c) Disciplined, but not industrialized.
(d) Neither disciplined nor industrialized.
5. How does Tolkien think children will respond to Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) They might like it.
(b) They will not like it.
(c) They will not understand it.
(d) He encourages them not to read it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the culture of the Elves to suffer?
2. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
3. What is the result of a friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves, as Tolkien explains in Letter #131?
4. What does Tolkien offer to the schoolboy in Letter #114?
5. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)