|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
(a) His skills and abilities.
(b) His skills, abilities, and sense of humor.
(c) His skills and sense of humor.
(d) His abilities and sense of humor.
2. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
3. What happens to the wearer of the One Ring in Tolkien's story?
(a) They are given immortality.
(b) They are transformed into an Elf.
(c) They are given mind powers.
(d) They are transformed into a Hobbit.
4. How many improvements does Tolkien indicate he has made to the manuscript for <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
(c) Too many to count.
(d) Only a few.
5. How many Rings of Power does the One Ring control?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
2. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
3. What does Tolkien offer to the schoolboy in Letter #114?
4. In Letter #131, what reason does Tolkien reveal for creating his alternate world of fiction?
5. In general, why do Tolkien and C.S. Lewis meet several times?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)