|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is left out of the letters included in "To Unwin about <i>The Hobbit</i>"?
(a) The full names of the people that the letters are addressed to.
(b) Personal information.
(c) The endings of the letters.
(d) Months and dates.
2. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
3. What chapter of the book that Tolkien is working on is he considering altering in Letter #128?
(a) Chapter 3.
(b) Chapter 5.
(c) Chapter 10.
(d) Chapter 8.
4. Which of the following is the main focal point of <i>The Silmarillion</i>?
5. Where does the friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves that Tolkien refers to in Letter #131 take place?
(a) The Shire.
(b) The Misty Mountains.
(c) Fangorn Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
2. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
3. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
4. How do the Hobbits respond to magic in Tolkien's stories?
5. What is causing the culture of the Elves to suffer?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)