|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads The Enemy in Tolkien's stories?
(a) The Nazgul.
2. How does Tolkien design the book, Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) Not to be read aloud.
(b) To be read aloud.
(c) To be read in one sitting.
(d) To be read as several separate stories.
3. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
(a) It will be meant not to be read by children.
(b) It will be designed not to have a sequel.
(c) It will be meant to be read by children.
(d) It will be designed to have a sequel.
4. What do the letters selected for "To Unwin about The Hobbit" have in common?
(a) They refer to Tolkien's most well known works.
(b) They are all less than one-page long.
(c) They are all over five pages.
(d) They refer to Tolkien's least known works.
5. Who provides the main order of the letters included in the book?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(b) Christopher Tolkien.
(c) Edith Bratt.
(d) Humphrey Carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned by Tolkien in Letter #131, when do the Hobbits first come into being?
2. Which of the following is the main focal point of The Silmarillion?
3. What words does Tolkien use to replace "Elves"?
4. As Tolkien explains in Letter #131, what motivates The Enemy in his stories?
5. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)