|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two factors contribute to the main part of Letter #66 to Christopher?
(a) Real life and the writing of an imaginary world.
(b) Real life and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(c) Fiction and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(d) Fiction and the writing of an imaginary world.
2. Who leads The Enemy in Tolkien's stories?
(a) The Nazgul.
3. Who participates in the Machine?
(d) Mortals, Elves, and Hobbits.
4. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
5. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolkien say are the only people interested in reading his literary works in Letter #115?
2. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
3. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
4. When does the history of the Elves begin?
5. What does Tolkien suggest is the greatest resource for the information the schoolboy is seeking in Letter #114?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)