|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do the Elves and the Dwarves share an enduring friendship throughout their history?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
2. What words does Tolkien use to replace "Elves"?
(a) Elfen and Elven.
(b) Elf and Elven.
(c) Elf, Elfen, and Elven.
(d) Elf and Elfen.
3. Which of the following is the main thing that separates the Hobbits and the enemy?
(a) A misunderstanding.
(b) The quest for gold.
(c) A lack of knowledge.
(d) The quest for power.
4. Who participates in the Machine?
(c) Mortals, Elves, and Hobbits.
5. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Tolkien explains in Letter #131, what motivates The Enemy in his stories?
2. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
3. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
4. As mentioned in Letter #69, which specific part of his manuscript does Tolkien plan on revising?
5. What is the result of a friendship between the Elves and the Dwarves, as Tolkien explains in Letter #131?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)