|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
2. How often does Tolkien write to Edith during the time they are separated?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a month.
3. Which character does Tolkien indicate has gained the most power by wearing the Ring?
(d) The Witch-king of Angmar.
4. How does Tolkien describe the change that he has made to his manuscript in Letter #129?
5. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolkien consider the term "Elves"?
2. How does Tolkien think children will respond to Farmer Giles of Ham?
3. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
4. What do the letters selected for "To Unwin about The Hobbit" have in common?
5. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)