|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, After the Fall of the Elves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
2. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
(a) Humphrey Carpenter.
(b) Edith Bratt.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(d) Christopher Tolkien.
3. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
4. How does Tolkien describe the change that he has made to his manuscript in Letter #129?
5. When does the history of the Elves begin?
(a) Long after humanity.
(b) Just before humanity.
(c) Just after humanity.
(d) Long before humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many improvements does Tolkien indicate he has made to the manuscript for Farmer Giles of Ham?
2. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
3. After the Hobbits originate, where does the Dark Power that Tolkien describes in Letter #131 exist?
4. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
5. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)