|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Allen & Unwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Tolkien write to Edith during the time they are separated?
(a) Once a day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
2. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
(b) Too many analogies.
(d) Too many metaphors.
3. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
(a) Middle English.
(b) English Literature.
4. What two factors contribute to the main part of Letter #66 to Christopher?
(a) Real life and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(b) Fiction and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(c) Real life and the writing of an imaginary world.
(d) Fiction and the writing of an imaginary world.
5. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolkien say are the only people interested in reading his literary works in Letter #115?
2. What is Allen & Unwin?
3. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
4. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
5. What does Tolkien offer to the schoolboy in Letter #114?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)