|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Allen & Unwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
2. What assertion does Tolkien make about <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
(a) It is an unfinished work.
(b) It is not a children's book.
(c) It is his longest work to date.
(d) It is a children's book.
3. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
(a) Mrs. C.S. White.
(b) Mrs. E.M. Wright.
(c) Mrs. E.M. White.
(d) Mrs. C.S. Wright.
4. Based on the information in the Introduction, how many chapters does the book have?
5. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
2. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
3. What two factors contribute to the main part of Letter #66 to Christopher?
4. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
5. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)