|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Allen & Unwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Allen & Unwin?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A printing service.
(c) A publishing house.
(d) A bank.
2. How does Tolkien describe the writing of The Hobbit to Christopher?
(a) Both easy and difficult.
(b) Neither easy nor difficult.
3. How does Tolkien think children will respond to Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) He encourages them not to read it.
(b) They will not like it.
(c) They might like it.
(d) They will not understand it.
4. Based on the information in the Introduction, how many chapters does the book have?
5. Who does Tolkien say are the only people interested in reading his literary works in Letter #115?
(a) C.S. Lewis and his son.
(b) Only his wife and son.
(c) C.S. Lewis and his wife.
(d) Only C.S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
2. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
3. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
4. Who provides the main order of the letters included in the book?
5. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)