|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Allen & Unwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
2. What is Allen & Unwin?
(a) A publishing house.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A bank.
(d) A printing service.
3. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
4. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
(a) Too many analogies.
(b) Too many metaphors.
5. What two factors contribute to the main part of Letter #66 to Christopher?
(a) Real life and the writing of an imaginary world.
(b) Real life and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(c) Fiction and the writing of an imaginary world.
(d) Fiction and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
2. What does Tolkien offer to the schoolboy in Letter #114?
3. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
4. What does Tolkien suggest is the greatest resource for the information the schoolboy is seeking in Letter #114?
5. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)