|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Allen & Unwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
2. In general, why do Tolkien and C.S. Lewis meet several times?
(a) To play games.
(b) To discuss sports and politics.
(c) To give each other literary criticism.
(d) To edit each other's manuscripts.
3. What assertion does Tolkien make about Farmer Giles of Ham?
(a) It is not a children's book.
(b) It is a children's book.
(c) It is an unfinished work.
(d) It is his longest work to date.
4. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
(a) Mrs. E.M. White.
(b) Mrs. E.M. Wright.
(c) Mrs. C.S. Wright.
(d) Mrs. C.S. White.
5. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolkien think children will respond to Farmer Giles of Ham?
2. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
3. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
4. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
5. What does Tolkien offer to the schoolboy in Letter #114?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)