Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Publisher Drama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
(a) Too many metaphors.
(c) Too many analogies.
2. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
3. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
(a) In a boat.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a plane.
(d) In a car.
4. What chapter of the book that Tolkien is working on is he considering altering in Letter #128?
(a) Chapter 10.
(b) Chapter 3.
(c) Chapter 8.
(d) Chapter 5.
5. Which one of Tolkien's books explains the history of Elvenkind?
(a) <i>The Lord of the Rings</i>.
(b) <i>The Hobbit</i>.
(c) <i>The Silmarillion</i>.
(d) <i>The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún</i>.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing capable of destroying the Ring in Tolkien's story?
2. In general, why do Tolkien and C.S. Lewis meet several times?
3. How is the Machine described in Letter #131?
4. How does Tolkien design the book, <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
5. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)