|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, To Unwin about The Hobbit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
2. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. How often does Tolkien write to Edith during the time they are separated?
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
4. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
(c) It is not clear.
5. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
2. How does Tolkien describe the writing of <i>The Hobbit</i> to Christopher?
3. How does Tolkien design the book, <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
4. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
5. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)