Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Allen & Unwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
(a) Mrs. E.M. Wright.
(b) Mrs. C.S. Wright.
(c) Mrs. C.S. White.
(d) Mrs. E.M. White.
2. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
3. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
4. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a plane.
(d) In a boat.
5. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
(b) Too many analogies.
(c) Too many metaphors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request is made of Tolkien after he finishes <i>Farmer Giles of Ham</i>?
2. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
3. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
4. What German word meaning "essential" does Tolkien refer to in Letter #6, stating that it is actually viewed as an English word?
5. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)