|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Middle Earth as Fairy-Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the skill or ability of the Elves'?
2. Who participates in the Machine?
(d) Mortals, Elves, and Hobbits.
3. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
(a) Humphrey Carpenter.
(b) Christopher Tolkien.
(c) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(d) Edith Bratt.
4. In what month does Tolkien write to Christopher about the writing process for The Hobbit?
5. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolkien describe the writing of The Hobbit to Christopher?
2. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
3. What is left out of the letters included in "To Unwin about The Hobbit"?
4. How do the Hobbits respond to magic in Tolkien's stories?
5. Which one of Tolkien's books explains the history of Elvenkind?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)