|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Middle Earth as Fairy-Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
2. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
3. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
4. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
(b) Middle English.
(c) English Literature.
5. How does Tolkien describe the domestic problems he is having in a letter before he moves to a small house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many improvements does Tolkien indicate he has made to the manuscript for Farmer Giles of Ham?
2. What does Tolkien suggest is the greatest resource for the information the schoolboy is seeking in Letter #114?
3. Who does Tolkien say are the only people interested in reading his literary works in Letter #115?
4. According to Tolkien in Letter #131, what is the source of magic in his stories?
5. What is left out of the letters included in "To Unwin about The Hobbit"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)