|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Middle Earth as Fairy-Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chapter of the book that Tolkien is working on is he considering altering in Letter #128?
(a) Chapter 8.
(b) Chapter 10.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) Chapter 5.
2. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
3. What is Allen & Unwin?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A publishing house.
(c) A bank.
(d) A printing service.
4. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a train.
(c) In a boat.
(d) In a car.
5. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads The Enemy in Tolkien's stories?
2. As Tolkien explains in Letter #131, what motivates The Enemy in his stories?
3. Who does Tolkien express gratitude to in Letter #6?
4. How does Tolkien consider the term "Elves"?
5. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)