|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Middle Earth as Fairy-Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the main thing that separates the Hobbits and the enemy?
(a) A lack of knowledge.
(b) The quest for power.
(c) The quest for gold.
(d) A misunderstanding.
2. Who does Tolkien say are the only people interested in reading his literary works in Letter #115?
(a) Only C.S. Lewis.
(b) Only his wife and son.
(c) C.S. Lewis and his son.
(d) C.S. Lewis and his wife.
3. In Letter #27, which of the following does Tolkien say that he will leave the drawing of to someone who can draw ?
4. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
(a) Humphrey Carpenter.
(b) Christopher Tolkien.
(c) Edith Bratt.
(d) J.R.R. Tolkien.
5. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
(a) It will be meant to be read by children.
(b) It will be designed not to have a sequel.
(c) It will be designed to have a sequel.
(d) It will be meant not to be read by children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter, #6, to what college subject does Tolkien refer?
2. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
3. How do the Hobbits respond to magic in Tolkien's stories?
4. During the time these letters are written, what term do the British typically use to label Americans?
5. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)