|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Now the Books Themselves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is a topic of discussion in Letter #150 to Christopher?
(a) Maps for the books.
(b) Advertisements for the books.
(c) The number of books printed.
(d) The number of books sold.
2. In what month does Tolkien write to Christopher about the writing process for The Hobbit?
3. As stated in "The Professor," when are The Lord of the Rings books officially published?
4. How many Rings of Power does the One Ring control?
5. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
(a) On a plane.
(b) In a boat.
(c) On a train.
(d) In a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tolkien originally ask to draw maps for the imaginary world of The Lord of the Rings?
2. How does Tolkien describe the change that he has made to his manuscript in Letter #129?
3. Who is the person that Tolkien thanks, and is the recipient of Letter #130?
4. What is the term "galleys" used to refer to in "The Professor"?
5. How does Tolkien feel when he looks at his work in the revision stages?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)