|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Now the Books Themselves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many academic articles is Tolkien a writer for, as referred to in "The Professor"?
(a) At least one.
(b) At least twenty.
(c) Over twenty.
(d) At least ten.
2. When does Tolkien write to Unwin about C.S. Lewis in "Now the Books Themselves"?
(a) November 9.
(b) November 19.
(c) September 19.
(d) September 9.
3. What two factors contribute to the main part of Letter #66 to Christopher?
(a) Fiction and the writing of an imaginary world.
(b) Real life and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(c) Fiction and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(d) Real life and the writing of an imaginary world.
4. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
(a) It will be meant to be read by children.
(b) It will be designed to have a sequel.
(c) It will be meant not to be read by children.
(d) It will be designed not to have a sequel.
5. As mentioned in Letter #69, which specific part of his manuscript does Tolkien plan on revising?
(a) When the Sun has risen and set.
(b) When the Moon has risen and set.
(c) Where the Moon has risen and set.
(d) Where the Sun has risen and set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
2. How does Tolkien expect the publisher to respond to his opinions of the cover designs?
3. What is the main subject of Letters #146, 147, and 148?
4. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
5. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)