|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Now the Books Themselves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolkien describe the change that he has made to his manuscript in Letter #129?
2. What year does Tolkien write to his publisher with his thoughts on the original cover designs?
3. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
4. How does Tolkien feel when he looks at his work in the revision stages?
5. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the publisher do after reading Tolkien's opinions of the cover designs?
2. As mentioned by Tolkien in Letter #131, when do the Hobbits first come into being?
3. What is left out of the letters included in "To Unwin about The Hobbit"?
4. Which of the following is the main focal point of The Silmarillion?
5. As mentioned in Letter #66, why does Tolkien think that he will have to move some of the sections of his book?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)