|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Now the Books Themselves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
2. What two factors contribute to the main part of Letter #66 to Christopher?
(a) Fiction and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(b) Real life and the idea of living in an imaginary world.
(c) Fiction and the writing of an imaginary world.
(d) Real life and the writing of an imaginary world.
3. What happens to the wearer of the One Ring in Tolkien's story?
(a) They are given mind powers.
(b) They are transformed into a Hobbit.
(c) They are given immortality.
(d) They are transformed into an Elf.
4. What does Tolkien explain he uses in developing his fascination with imaginary worlds?
(a) His skills and sense of humor.
(b) His skills, abilities, and sense of humor.
(c) His skills and abilities.
(d) His abilities and sense of humor.
5. How many other men are traveling with Tolkien during his conversation about accents?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tolkien consider the term "Elves"?
2. How does Tolkien expect the publisher to respond to his opinions of the cover designs?
3. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
4. As mentioned by Tolkien in Letter #131, when do the Hobbits first come into being?
5. Where does the conversation about accents take place that Tolkien discusses in his letter to Christopher?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)