|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Now the Books Themselves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tolkien describe the alteration he is contemplating making to his manuscript in Letter #128?
2. According to the information provided in Letter #69, how often does Tolkien write to Christopher?
(a) It is not clear.
3. What has Tolkien found in his manuscript when he writes Letter #69?
(a) Too many analogies.
(b) Too many metaphors.
4. Which of the following is the main focal point of <i>The Silmarillion</i>?
5. What does Tolkien focus on when his books make less than anticipated progress with publishers?
(a) Writing other books.
(b) His teaching job.
(c) Writing to the publishers.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main subject of Letters #146, 147, and 148?
2. What will the alteration mean for the book Tolkien is writing in Letter #128?
3. Under what conditions is Tolkien asked to chair an English department in "The Professor"?
4. How long does Tolkien indicate he has been working with the imaginary realms in Letter #130?
5. As mentioned in Letter #69, which specific part of his manuscript does Tolkien plan on revising?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)