Chapter 1, Edith Bratt
1. Who provides the main order of the letters included in the book?
(a) Christopher Tolkien.
(b) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(c) Humphrey Carpenter.
(d) Edith Bratt.
2. Who provides input , feedback, and advice for the letters in the book?
(a) J.R.R. Tolkien.
(b) Christopher Tolkien.
(c) Edith Bratt.
(d) Humphrey Carpenter.
3. Based on the information in the Introduction, how many chapters does the book have?
4. How old is J.R.R. Tolkien in the first letter?
5. Which school is Tolkien attending when the first letter begins?
6. In what year are the earliest letters in the book written?
7. How long is Tolkien separated from Edith, making his affection for her grow stronger?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
8. How often does Tolkien write to Edith during the time they are separated?
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
This section contains 5,127 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)