|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the logic behind Heloise's request to Abelard?
(a) The weak should be able to bear the same burdens as the strong.
(b) The weak cannot bear the same burdens as the strong.
(c) The strong should try to strengthen the weak to bear more burdens.
(d) The weak should be just as burdened as the strong.
2. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
3. What request of Heloise's does Abelard fail to fulfill in Letter 7?
(a) Her request for an end to his sufferings.
(b) Her request for a reason to keep suffering.
(c) Her request for a rule.
(d) Her request for a history of his experience.
4. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
(b) Convent practice.
(c) The Rule of the Saints.
(d) Papal dispensations.
5. From whom was Abelard seeking refuge?
(a) The pope.
(b) Anselm of Laon.
(c) The Abbot of Citeaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
2. How are things distributed in poverty, according to Abelard?
3. What qualities must distinguish an Abbess, in Abelard's opinion?
4. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
5. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)