|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter the Venerable cite to Heloise in his letter?
(a) Women who overcame difficulties.
(b) Women who led nations.
(c) Women who led other women.
(d) Women who loved great men.
2. When was Abelard with Peter the Venerable?
(a) In the last years of Abelard's life.
(b) In his pilgrimage through Abelard's monastery.
(c) In Peter the Venerable's travels.
(d) In Abelard's travels.
3. What does the sender of Letter 9 say about Abelard?
(a) That he has just received a letter from him.
(b) That the monks at his monastery were trying to kill him.
(c) That he has just received a letter about him.
(d) That he passed through.
4. What else did Abelard do right before he died?
(a) Write out his last will.
(b) Receive absolution.
(c) Confess his sins.
(d) Compose hymns.
5. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
Short Answer Questions
1. What request of Heloise's does Abelard fail to fulfill in Letter 7?
2. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
3. Where did Abelard go after the exchange he had with the sender of Letter 9?
4. Whom does Abelard say Jesus honored?
5. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)