|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the first part of Letter 9?
2. What did Abelard do right before he died?
(a) Profess his faith.
(b) Write to the pope.
(c) Declare his love to Heloise.
(d) Write to Peter the Venerable.
3. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
4. For what is Heloise arguing in Letter 6?
(a) Contextual application of burdens.
(b) A case-by-case standard for burdens.
(c) Rules that respect gender differences.
(d) An absolute rule for burdens.
5. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
(a) Heloise's request for patience.
(b) Heloise's request for leniency.
(c) Heloise's demand for information.
(d) Heloise's initial quotes about nuns' practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
2. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
3. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
4. What does Peter the Venerable say he admires?
5. Why did Peter the Venerable send Abelard away?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)