|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
(a) It contracted.
(b) It ceased.
(c) It expanded.
(d) It almost went extinct.
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
(a) A sketch of the rule she requested from him.
(b) Her prayers.
(d) Details of her life in the convent.
3. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
(a) A developmental crescendo.
4. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) The same in everyone.
(b) In each according to his weakness.
(c) Differently in different people.
(d) In each according to his talents.
5. Who was Peter the Venerable?
(b) The pope.
(c) The Abbott of Cluny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter the Venerable wish for in his letter to Heloise?
2. What does Peter the Venerable say is his estimation of Abelard?
3. In Letter 8, what does Abelard say women tend to stray toward?
4. What does the sender of Letter 9 say about Abelard?
5. What request of Heloise's does Abelard fail to fulfill in Letter 7?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)