|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Abelard handled the sender of Letter 9's recommendation?
(a) He already acted on it.
(b) He said he would take it.
(c) He had not responded.
(d) He refused it.
2. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
3. What does Peter the Venerable say to Heloise in Letter 10?
(a) He cannot help her.
(b) He is happy to hear from her.
(c) He will try to help her.
(d) He is sorry to hear about her situation.
4. What promise does Peter the Venerable make to Heloise in the last letter?
(a) He will celebrate Heloise in print and song.
(b) He will find a good position for Astralabe.
(c) He will make a contribution to the church in Abelard's name.
(d) He will personally convey Abelard's remains to Heloise's convent.
5. What does the sender of Letter 9 say about Abelard?
(a) That he has just received a letter from him.
(b) That he passed through.
(c) That the monks at his monastery were trying to kill him.
(d) That he has just received a letter about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Peter the Venerable send Abelard away?
2. What else does Peter the Venerable say he is impressed by?
3. How does God view virtue in pagans, according to Abelard in Letter 7?
4. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
5. What contrast does Abelard describe between early practice and current practice?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)