|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter the Venerable say to Heloise in Letter 10?
(a) He cannot help her.
(b) He will try to help her.
(c) He is happy to hear from her.
(d) He is sorry to hear about her situation.
2. What did the woman do, whom Abelard cited in Letter 7?
(a) Discovered Christ's empty tomb.
(b) Anointed Christ with oil.
(c) Prepared for the Last Supper.
(d) Took Christ down from the cross.
3. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
(a) Seek God.
(b) Beg for forgiveness.
(c) Obey Abelard.
4. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
(a) Ascending to God.
(b) Purifying the mind.
(c) Concentrating the mind.
(d) Emptying the mind.
5. What does Abelard say was honored by St. Paul and St. Jerome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
2. What does Peter the Venerable say he is particularly impressed by?
3. What did Abelard do right before he died?
4. Who sent Letter 9?
5. Who were monks and nuns imitating, according to Abelard?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)