|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contrast does Abelard describe between early practice and current practice?
(a) Serving women and saints.
(b) Saints and serving women.
(c) Humble women celebrating Christ and current bishops strutting in robes.
(d) Martyrs and bureaucrats.
2. Who was Innocent II?
(b) The Abbott of Cluny.
(c) The pope.
3. How does God view virtue in pagans, according to Abelard in Letter 7?
(a) He sees but does not reward it.
(b) He does not recognize it.
(c) He is hostile to it.
(d) He honors it.
4. What did Abelard do in the place Peter the Venerable sent him?
(a) Set up a new monastery.
(b) Saw Heloise.
(c) Continued his studies.
(d) Wrote a book about religion.
5. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
(a) The pope.
(d) The abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Abelard go after the exchange he had with the sender of Letter 9?
2. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
3. Who does Peter the Venerable cite to Heloise in his letter?
4. For what did Heloise ask Peter the Venerable in her response?
5. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)