|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
(a) A cellaress.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A portress.
(d) A wardrobe.
2. What contrast does Abelard describe between early practice and current practice?
(a) Martyrs and bureaucrats.
(b) Saints and serving women.
(c) Serving women and saints.
(d) Humble women celebrating Christ and current bishops strutting in robes.
3. How had Abelard handled the sender of Letter 9's recommendation?
(a) He had not responded.
(b) He refused it.
(c) He already acted on it.
(d) He said he would take it.
4. Why did the sender of Letter 9 think that the action Abelard took was appropriate?
(a) It showed deference.
(b) It demonstrated contrition.
(c) It fit his age and calling.
(d) It repaired the split with the letter's recipient.
5. Where did Peter the Venerable send Abelard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
2. What was Heloise's response to Peter the Venerable's letter?
3. What did the sender of Letter 9 advise Abelard to do?
4. What reason does the sender give for writing Letter 9?
5. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)