|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the last part of Letter 9?
2. Where did Peter the Venerable send Abelard?
3. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
(a) The government.
(b) A family.
(c) An army.
(d) A business.
4. What did Abelard do right before he died?
(a) Declare his love to Heloise.
(b) Profess his faith.
(c) Write to Peter the Venerable.
(d) Write to the pope.
5. Who was Innocent II?
(a) The Abbott of Cluny.
(b) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say in Letter 7 about the virtue of women?
2. What does Peter the Venerable say he is particularly impressed by?
3. What is the logic behind Heloise's request to Abelard?
4. Where did Abelard go after the exchange he had with the sender of Letter 9?
5. How does God view virtue in pagans, according to Abelard in Letter 7?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)