|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
(a) Giving lay people an example.
(b) Bringing the Messiah.
(c) Purifying the race of its spiritual flaws.
(d) Submitting to God.
2. Who were monks and nuns imitating, according to Abelard?
(a) The pope.
(b) The oldest gods.
(d) The sun and moon.
3. What did the sender of Letter 9 ask from his correspondent?
(a) Punish Abelard's persecutors.
(b) Let Abelard live in Cluny.
(c) Stop persecuting Abelard.
(d) Compensate Abelard for his sufferings.
4. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
(a) It expanded.
(b) It ceased.
(c) It contracted.
(d) It almost went extinct.
5. What did Abelard do right before he died?
(a) Profess his faith.
(b) Write to the pope.
(c) Write to Peter the Venerable.
(d) Declare his love to Heloise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sender of Letter 9 say about Abelard?
2. What did Abelard do in the place Peter the Venerable sent him?
3. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
4. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
5. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)