|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter the Venerable say he admires?
(a) Heloise's writings.
(b) Heloise's background.
(c) Heloise's piety.
(d) Heloise's contrition.
2. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
(a) Seek God.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Obey Abelard.
3. What else did Abelard do right before he died?
(a) Confess his sins.
(b) Write out his last will.
(c) Compose hymns.
(d) Receive absolution.
4. When was letter 9 likely written?
5. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
(a) The life of silence.
(b) The life of continence.
(c) The life of prayer.
(d) The life of poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Peter the Venerable make to Heloise in the last letter?
2. What did Abelard do in the place Peter the Venerable sent him?
3. What is the tone of the last part of Letter 9?
4. What did Abelard do right before he died?
5. For what is Heloise arguing in Letter 6?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)