|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say life becomes in poverty?
(a) A firm law.
(b) A resource.
(c) A common store.
(d) A community.
2. Why did Peter the Venerable send Abelard away?
(a) To find a safe refuge.
(b) To have an operation.
(c) To recuperate.
(d) To instruct monks.
3. Who received Letter 9?
(b) The Abbott of Cluny.
(c) The pope.
4. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) A portress.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A cellaress.
5. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
(a) Convent conventions.
(b) The Kabala.
(c) Canon law.
(d) The Old Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
2. What does Peter the Venerable say he admires?
3. What does Peter the Venerable say he is particularly impressed by?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
5. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)