|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else did Abelard do right before he died?
(a) Confess his sins.
(b) Compose hymns.
(c) Write out his last will.
(d) Receive absolution.
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
(a) Details of her life in the convent.
(b) A sketch of the rule she requested from him.
(c) Her prayers.
3. Who was Innocent II?
(b) The Abbott of Cluny.
(d) The pope.
4. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) In each according to his talents.
(b) In each according to his weakness.
(c) The same in everyone.
(d) Differently in different people.
5. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
(a) Bringing the Messiah.
(b) Purifying the race of its spiritual flaws.
(c) Giving lay people an example.
(d) Submitting to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard do right before he died?
2. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
3. Why did the sender of Letter 9 think that the action Abelard took was appropriate?
4. How does God view virtue in pagans, according to Abelard in Letter 7?
5. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)