|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) His letter.
(c) Ordinary experience.
(d) Her childhood.
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
3. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Canterbury.
(c) William of Champeaux.
(d) Anselm of Laon.
4. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(d) Government work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
2. Where did Abelard study?
3. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
4. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Letter 7 organized?
2. What does Abelard say about the Cumean Sibyl?
3. What does Peter the Venerable send to Heloise in the final letter?
4. What is Heloise's response to Peter the Venerable?
5. What steps does the author of Letter 9 describe Abelard having taken?
6. In Letter 4, why does Heloise say she is disappointed with Abelard's response?
7. What does Heloise say about her burdens in Letter 6?
8. What does Heloise say about answering Abelard's requests of her?
9. Who was Anselm of Laon and how did he figure in Abelard's career?
10. Describe what Fulbert's family did to Abelard.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)