|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
(a) His letting them sin in the first place.
(b) His punishing them after they atoned for their sin
(c) His patience with them in their blindness.
(d) His allowing them to be blind to virtue.
2. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His volatile personality.
(d) His devotion.
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Sent her away.
(b) Married her.
(c) Taken up scriptural studies.
(d) Left philosophy.
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(a) To survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
2. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heloise compare Abelard and God?
2. What does Abelard say he wants Heloise to do in case of his death?
3. What does Heloise say about answering Abelard's requests of her?
4. What caused the author of Letter 9to write the letter?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise and her nuns to do?
6. What sources does Abelard use in prescribing his rule to Heloise in Letter 8?
7. What does Heloise say she did on Abelard's sake?
8. What does Abelard say about the Cumean Sibyl?
9. Why does Abelard say he was avoiding contact with Heloise?
10. How does Heloise end Letter 3 to Abelard?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)