|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
3. What does Heloise say about herself?
(a) That she is the most fortunate of women.
(b) That she is the most miserable of women.
(c) That she is chaste.
(d) That she is a hypocrite.
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Ordinary experience.
(b) His letter.
(c) Her childhood.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His glory.
(d) His due.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
2. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abelard assure to Heloise in Letter 3?
2. How does Abelard end Letter 7?
3. Where does Abelard say his sufferings came from?
4. What does Abelard beg Heloise for in Letter 3?
5. How does Heloise surprise Abelard in Letter 4, and what does he do in response in Letter 5?
6. What does Abelard ask Heloise and her nuns to do?
7. What does Abelard say is the purpose of monastic life?
8. What does Abelard ask Heloise to stop doing in the future?
9. What does Abelard remind Heloise of in Letter 5?
10. What two things does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)