|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) A portress.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A cellaress.
2. Where did Abelard go after the exchange he had with the sender of Letter 9?
(a) Continue his travels.
(b) Retreat to Cluny.
(c) To see Heloise.
(d) Return to his monastery.
3. Where was Abelard born?
(a) Le Pallet.
4. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
(a) People can learn them from each other.
(b) They are not reliable.
(c) They can be feigned.
(d) They vary from person to person.
5. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say about her burden?
2. From whom was Abelard seeking refuge?
3. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
4. What news about Abelard does the sender of Letter 9 relate?
5. What does Abelard say life becomes in poverty?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)