|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
2. What does Letter 7 describe to Heloise?
(a) Examples of women favored by the church.
(b) Examples of women who bore more than men could bear.
(c) Reasons why women should not receive lighter burdens.
(d) Reasons why women should receive lighter burdens.
3. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
(a) She says he should suffer until death.
(b) She says he has paid the price with his castration.
(c) She says he will never be finished expiating his crime.
(d) She says he is forgiven in her eyes and so should no longer suffer.
4. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
5. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He lost his reverence for God.
(b) He defiled her soul.
(c) He betrayed her father's trust.
(d) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
2. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
3. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
4. What else did Abelard do right before he died?
5. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)