|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abelard study?
2. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
(a) She says he is forgiven in her eyes and so should no longer suffer.
(b) She says he has paid the price with his castration.
(c) She says he should suffer until death.
(d) She says he will never be finished expiating his crime.
3. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
(b) Excess of sin.
(c) Excess of words.
(d) Dependency on the world.
4. What was the status of Abelard's father?
5. What reason does the sender give for writing Letter 9?
(a) He is preparing Abelard's case.
(b) He is looking for contributions for Abelard.
(c) He is looking for support for Abelard.
(d) He is writing on Abelard's behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
2. What does Peter the Venerable say he is particularly impressed by?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
4. Who does Abelard cite as an example of someone devout in the church?
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)