|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
(a) She pretends not to make a demand.
(b) She pretends to be miserable over Abelard's plight.
(c) She pretends to be happy where she is.
(d) She pretends to be optimistic about seeing Abelard again.
2. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) The same in everyone.
(b) Differently in different people.
(c) In each according to his weakness.
(d) In each according to his talents.
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) His sins.
(b) Original sin.
(c) Malicious men.
(d) Cruel fate.
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) God alone.
(d) Abelard alone.
5. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His despair at his condition.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(d) His absence from Heloise.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom was Abelard seeking refuge?
2. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
3. What step did the sender recommend Abelard to take to change his position?
4. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
5. What does Peter the Venerable say about Abelard?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)