|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
(a) The conscience.
(b) The heart.
(c) The mind.
(d) A person's acts.
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) An apology.
(b) A letter.
3. When did the practice of monasteries and convents begin?
(a) In Roman times.
(b) In Christ's time.
(c) In the Middle Ages.
(d) In antiquity.
4. What does Letter 7 describe to Heloise?
(a) Examples of women who bore more than men could bear.
(b) Examples of women favored by the church.
(c) Reasons why women should receive lighter burdens.
(d) Reasons why women should not receive lighter burdens.
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) How much she has served him.
(c) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(d) How long his penance should last.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
2. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
4. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)