|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Trying to see him.
(b) Doubting God's grace.
(c) Writing him with her complaints.
(d) Rebelling against fate.
2. When was Abelard with Peter the Venerable?
(a) In Peter the Venerable's travels.
(b) In his pilgrimage through Abelard's monastery.
(c) In Abelard's travels.
(d) In the last years of Abelard's life.
3. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
(a) The devout acts of Christ.
(b) The story of Mary Magdalene.
(c) The freedom she enjoyed before becoming a nun.
(d) The rule of St. Benedict.
4. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
5. What does Heloise say about her burden?
(a) She says burdens can be too heavy.
(b) She says the burden is a joy to bear.
(c) She says that the burden is more than she can bear.
(d) She says the only way to bear the burden is together with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request of Heloise's does Abelard fail to fulfill in Letter 7?
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
3. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
4. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)