|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She owes him an enormous debt.
(b) He has to redeem her.
(c) She has to redeem him.
(d) He owes her an enormous debt.
3. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(b) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(c) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(d) That she is still there to comfort him.
4. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
(a) To let her recover from illness.
(b) To hide her pregnancy.
(c) To avoid the disgrace of a hasty marriage.
(d) To sequester her away from suitors.
5. What did Abelard do in the place Peter the Venerable sent him?
(a) Continued his studies.
(b) Wrote a book about religion.
(c) Set up a new monastery.
(d) Saw Heloise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What step did the sender recommend Abelard to take to change his position?
2. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
3. What is the logic behind Heloise's request to Abelard?
4. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
5. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)