|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(b) It predicts what will come.
(c) It sets the stage.
(d) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
2. When did the practice of monasteries and convents begin?
(a) In antiquity.
(b) In the Middle Ages.
(c) In Roman times.
(d) In Christ's time.
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She owes him an enormous debt.
(b) She has to redeem him.
(c) He owes her an enormous debt.
(d) He has to redeem her.
4. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
5. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That she is still there to comfort him.
(b) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(c) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(d) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
2. What did Abelard do right before he died?
3. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 7 about the virtue of women?
5. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)