|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) In each according to his talents.
(b) In each according to his weakness.
(c) Differently in different people.
(d) The same in everyone.
2. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The inner life.
(b) The history of God and the church.
(c) God's relationship to man.
(d) The nature of God.
3. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(b) Government work.
4. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
(a) The life of prayer.
(b) The life of silence.
(c) The life of continence.
(d) The life of poverty.
5. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
(a) The conscience.
(b) A person's acts.
(c) The mind.
(d) The heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
2. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
4. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
5. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)