|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He lost his reverence for God.
(b) He betrayed her father's trust.
(c) He defiled her soul.
(d) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
2. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
3. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) Consolation doubled.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) The basis of love.
(d) All the consolation there is.
4. Where did Abelard study?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) Her father's forgiveness.
(b) Her father's permission to return home.
(c) God's will.
(d) His forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
2. Where was Abelard born?
3. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)