|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
(b) Seek God.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Obey Abelard.
2. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
(a) The freedom she enjoyed before becoming a nun.
(b) The story of Mary Magdalene.
(c) The devout acts of Christ.
(d) The rule of St. Benedict.
3. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(d) To survive.
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Find him at his monastery.
(b) Whatever he asks.
(c) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(d) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
5. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place immediately.
(b) That it be a large celebration.
(c) That it not take place for two years.
(d) That it take place in secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter the Venerable cite to Heloise in his letter?
2. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
3. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
4. What else did Abelard do right before he died?
5. What does Peter the Venerable say Abelard's last days with him were devoted to?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)