|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The inner life.
(b) God's relationship to man.
(c) The nature of God.
(d) The history of God and the church.
2. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Disappoint her.
(b) Enlighten her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Encourage her.
3. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place immediately.
(b) That it take place in secret.
(c) That it be a large celebration.
(d) That it not take place for two years.
4. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
5. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His volatile personality.
(d) His devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was letter 9 likely written?
2. Who received Letter 9?
3. Where did Abelard study?
4. What was the sender of Letter 9 trying to offer Abelard?
5. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)