|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say about herself?
(a) That she is chaste.
(b) That she is the most miserable of women.
(c) That she is a hypocrite.
(d) That she is the most fortunate of women.
2. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
(a) The rule of St. Benedict.
(b) The story of Mary Magdalene.
(c) The freedom she enjoyed before becoming a nun.
(d) The devout acts of Christ.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Praise her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Remember her.
(d) Write to her.
4. What does Peter the Venerable say Abelard's last days with him were devoted to?
5. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
2. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
3. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)