|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) To forget him.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) Faith to see her through.
(d) Freedom from pain.
2. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(b) Irreligious sentiments.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Remember her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Write to her.
(d) Praise her.
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 7 about the virtue of women?
(a) It is more pleasing to God.
(b) It is useful for different things in religion.
(c) It is only appropriate for certain things.
(d) It is the same as men's virtues.
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
3. What does Heloise say about her burden?
4. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
5. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)