|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 10, Peter the Venerable to Heloise, Letter 11, Heloise, Letter to Peter the Venerable, Letter 12, Peter the Venerable, Letter to Heloise, The Absolution for Peter Abelard, Two Hymns.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(b) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
(c) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(d) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
2. Who does Abelard cite as an example of someone devout in the church?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) Mary, mother of Christ.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His student.
(b) His inferior.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His superior.
4. Where did Peter the Venerable send Abelard?
5. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
5. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)