|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard mean to indicate by the example of the Sibyl's prophecies?
(a) Women honored among Gentiles.
(b) Women who implemented church doctrine.
(c) Women who paid a price for falling away from priesthood.
(d) Honored women in antiquity.
2. What does Abelard say was honored by St. Paul and St. Jerome?
3. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His glory.
(d) His due.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of his soul.
(b) The salvation of her soul.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The arrogance of their actions.
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(b) What he owes her.
(c) What her father can do for them.
(d) What she can do for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abelard say women acted in the early church?
2. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
3. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
5. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)