|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) All the consolation there is.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) Consolation doubled.
(d) The basis of love.
2. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His inferior.
(b) His superior.
(c) His student.
(d) His teacher.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) Making things right with her father.
(b) The salvation of his soul.
(c) The arrogance of their actions.
(d) The salvation of her soul.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His due.
(c) His glory.
5. How does Abelard say women acted in the early church?
(a) He says that women were devoted to Christ early on.
(b) He says that women were among the first to persecute the apostles.
(c) He says that women were the first to ask for rules of worship.
(d) He says that women doubted Christ's divinity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say life becomes in poverty?
2. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
4. When did the practice of monasteries and convents begin?
5. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)