|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her for help.
(b) Asking for her whereabouts.
(c) Asking for her forgiveness.
(d) Asking her to pray for him.
2. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
3. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
4. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise and the nuns.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) The men who castrated him.
5. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His love of women.
(b) His volatile personality.
(c) His even temper.
(d) His devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
2. In Letter 6, what does Heloise ask Abelard to do for her?
3. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
4. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)