|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(b) Heloise's lustfulness.
(c) Heloise's bitterness.
(d) Heloise's devotion.
2. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Appalling and outrageous.
(b) Sad and moving.
(c) Tragic and unbearable.
(d) Moral and instructive.
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. What does Letter 7 describe to Heloise?
(a) Reasons why women should receive lighter burdens.
(b) Examples of women who bore more than men could bear.
(c) Reasons why women should not receive lighter burdens.
(d) Examples of women favored by the church.
5. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
2. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
3. Where was Abelard born?
4. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)