|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His devotion to God.
(b) His love.
(c) His suffering.
(d) His outrage.
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The inevitability of suffering.
(b) The power of prayer.
(c) The inevitability of justice.
(d) The power of virtuous men.
3. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her lust.
(b) Her devotion.
(c) Her bitterness.
(d) Her despair.
4. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
(a) Hide her from her parents.
(b) Disguise her as a nun.
(c) Marry in secret.
(d) Send her away for her confinement.
5. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He betrayed her father's trust.
(b) He lost his reverence for God.
(c) He defiled her soul.
(d) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Abelard study?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
4. In Letter 6, what does Heloise ask Abelard to do for her?
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)