|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
(a) Details of her life in the convent.
(c) Her prayers.
(d) A sketch of the rule she requested from him.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) What he owes her.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What she can do for him.
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(b) God alone.
(d) Abelard alone.
5. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She has to redeem him.
(b) He owes her an enormous debt.
(c) She owes him an enormous debt.
(d) He has to redeem her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say life becomes in poverty?
2. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
4. What does Heloise say about herself?
5. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)