|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
(b) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(c) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(d) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
2. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Enjoying their lovemaking.
(b) Making love at the refectory.
(c) Getting married in secret.
(d) Falling in love before being married.
3. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
(a) Listen to the details of her feelings.
(b) Be sensitive to her weakness.
(c) Hold her to a standard above herself.
(d) Ask her to recount her sufferings.
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How much she has served him.
(b) How long his penance should last.
(c) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
5. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
(a) The heart.
(b) A person's acts.
(c) The conscience.
(d) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
3. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)