|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abelard study?
2. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
(a) To avoid the disgrace of a hasty marriage.
(b) To hide her pregnancy.
(c) To sequester her away from suitors.
(d) To let her recover from illness.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of his soul.
(b) The salvation of her soul.
(c) The arrogance of their actions.
(d) Making things right with her father.
4. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Only Heloise.
(b) Heloise's father.
(c) Heloise and the nuns.
(d) The men who castrated him.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His due.
(c) His glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
2. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
3. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)