|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
(a) An Ethiopian woman.
(b) An Italian woman.
(c) A German woman.
(d) A Chinese woman.
2. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He defiled her soul.
(b) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(c) He lost his reverence for God.
(d) He betrayed her father's trust.
3. What qualities must distinguish an Abbess, in Abelard's opinion?
(a) Lifelong chastity.
(b) Management experience.
(c) Learning and teaching.
(d) Broad life experience.
4. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
5. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Write to her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Remember her.
(d) Praise her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
2. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
3. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
4. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
5. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)