|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His student.
(b) His superior.
(c) His inferior.
(d) His teacher.
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) The men who castrated him.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) Heloise and the nuns.
(d) Heloise's father.
3. In Letter 6, what does Heloise ask Abelard to do for her?
(a) Write down the history of her misfortunes.
(b) Proscribe rules for her convent.
(c) Free her from the convent.
(d) Lay out acts of devotion for her to perform.
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the reasons for her to go on being a nun.
(b) To tell her how nuns should conduct themselves.
(c) To tell her how the order of nuns began.
(d) To forgive her.
5. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(b) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(c) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(d) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
3. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
5. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)