|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say about her burden?
(a) She says that the burden is more than she can bear.
(b) She says burdens can be too heavy.
(c) She says the burden is a joy to bear.
(d) She says the only way to bear the burden is together with him.
2. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(b) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(c) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(d) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
3. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(c) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(d) Find him at his monastery.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His student.
(b) His superior.
(c) His inferior.
(d) His teacher.
5. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) A friend.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say about herself?
2. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
3. How does God view virtue in pagans, according to Abelard in Letter 7?
4. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)