|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
(a) An Italian woman.
(b) A German woman.
(c) A Chinese woman.
(d) An Ethiopian woman.
2. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(a) Further punishment.
(d) Begging for mercy.
3. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(b) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(c) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(d) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
4. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Disappoint her.
(b) Enlighten her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Encourage her.
5. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he was proud of what happened.
(b) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(c) That he did not care for her.
(d) That he wanted to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
2. Where was Abelard born?
3. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
4. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
5. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)