|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
(a) Excess of words.
(b) Excess of sin.
(d) Dependency on the world.
2. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His due.
(b) His glory.
3. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
(a) A portress.
(b) A cellaress.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A shepherd.
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His volatile personality.
5. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(b) Further punishment.
(c) Begging for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abelard define poverty?
2. What does Heloise say she admires?
3. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
4. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
5. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)