|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(b) His father.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) A friend.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) Why she has not heard from him.
(b) How he is doing.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) When she will see him again.
3. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How much she has served him.
(b) How long his penance should last.
(c) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(d) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
4. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(a) Irreligious sentiments.
5. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(b) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(c) That she is still there to comfort him.
(d) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
3. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
4. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
5. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)