|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
(a) They held priestly office equally with their brothers.
(b) They excelled their brothers in devotion.
(c) They betrayed their brothers' priestly duties.
(d) They took the priestly offices from their brothers.
2. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) In each according to his talents.
(b) The same in everyone.
(c) Differently in different people.
(d) In each according to his weakness.
3. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
(a) The rule of St. Benedict.
(b) The freedom she enjoyed before becoming a nun.
(c) The story of Mary Magdalene.
(d) The devout acts of Christ.
4. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
(b) The nuns.
(c) Her father.
(d) His abbot.
5. Who were monks and nuns imitating, according to Abelard?
(b) The oldest gods.
(c) The pope.
(d) The sun and moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 6, what does Heloise ask Abelard to do for her?
2. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
4. What did the woman do, whom Abelard cited in Letter 7?
5. What does Heloise say she admires?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)