|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard mean to indicate by the example of the Sibyl's prophecies?
(a) Women honored among Gentiles.
(b) Honored women in antiquity.
(c) Women who paid a price for falling away from priesthood.
(d) Women who implemented church doctrine.
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought she could not love him now.
(b) He did not want to make her suffer.
(c) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(d) He thought their time together was over.
3. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His love.
(b) His suffering.
(c) His outrage.
(d) His devotion to God.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His glory.
(d) His due.
5. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
(c) A developmental crescendo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
2. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
4. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)