|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
(a) The life of prayer.
(b) The life of continence.
(c) The life of silence.
(d) The life of poverty.
2. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
(a) Be sensitive to her weakness.
(b) Hold her to a standard above herself.
(c) Ask her to recount her sufferings.
(d) Listen to the details of her feelings.
3. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He lost his reverence for God.
(b) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(c) He defiled her soul.
(d) He betrayed her father's trust.
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
(a) Her prayers.
(c) A sketch of the rule she requested from him.
(d) Details of her life in the convent.
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) When she will see him again.
(d) How he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
3. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
5. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)