|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
(a) The life of continence.
(b) The life of prayer.
(c) The life of poverty.
(d) The life of silence.
2. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
(a) They held priestly office equally with their brothers.
(b) They betrayed their brothers' priestly duties.
(c) They excelled their brothers in devotion.
(d) They took the priestly offices from their brothers.
3. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The history of God and the church.
(b) The inner life.
(c) God's relationship to man.
(d) The nature of God.
4. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Freedom from pain.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) To forget him.
(d) Faith to see her through.
5. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(a) Begging for mercy.
(d) Further punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Heloise arguing in Letter 6?
2. How are things distributed in poverty, according to Abelard?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
5. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)