|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A cellaress.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A portress.
2. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His volatile personality.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His love of women.
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(c) An apology.
(d) A letter.
4. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
(a) Exclusions for nuns who do not follow the rules.
(b) Rewards for nuns who are the most devout.
(c) Special standards for the more devout nuns.
(d) Exceptions for the old, young, and weak.
5. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
(a) The most wretched of women.
(b) The most irreligious woman.
(c) The most hypocritical woman.
(d) The luckiest of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say about herself?
2. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
4. How does Abelard say women acted in the early church?
5. What contrast does Abelard describe between early practice and current practice?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)