|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) In each according to his talents.
(b) Differently in different people.
(c) The same in everyone.
(d) In each according to his weakness.
2. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) God's relationship to man.
(b) The nature of God.
(c) The history of God and the church.
(d) The inner life.
3. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
4. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
(a) His abbot.
(b) Her father.
(c) The nuns.
5. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he was proud of what happened.
(b) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(c) That he wanted to hide.
(d) That he did not care for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
2. How does Abelard describe wisdom in his Rule?
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
4. What qualities must distinguish an Abbess, in Abelard's opinion?
5. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)