|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(c) Irreligious sentiments.
2. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
(d) A developmental crescendo.
3. What did the woman do, whom Abelard cited in Letter 7?
(a) Anointed Christ with oil.
(b) Prepared for the Last Supper.
(c) Took Christ down from the cross.
(d) Discovered Christ's empty tomb.
4. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His despair at his condition.
(d) His absence from Heloise.
5. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
(a) Debating scripture.
(b) Studying with Anselm of Laon.
(c) Fighting with William of Champeaux.
(d) Debating philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
2. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
5. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)