|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(b) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(c) That she is still there to comfort him.
(d) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Outrage and despair.
(b) Mixed relief and sadness.
(c) Great sorrow.
3. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
(a) It expanded.
(b) It almost went extinct.
(c) It contracted.
(d) It ceased.
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her to pray for him.
(b) Asking for her forgiveness.
(c) Asking her for help.
(d) Asking for her whereabouts.
5. What does Abelard say was honored by St. Paul and St. Jerome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
2. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
5. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)