|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her for help.
(b) Asking for her forgiveness.
(c) Asking for her whereabouts.
(d) Asking her to pray for him.
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(c) To survive.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
4. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
(a) They vary from person to person.
(b) They are not reliable.
(c) They can be feigned.
(d) People can learn them from each other.
5. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(b) It was Fulbert's right.
(c) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
(d) It destroyed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
2. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
3. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
4. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
5. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)