|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Write to her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Remember her.
(d) Praise her.
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) Malicious men.
(c) His sins.
(d) Original sin.
3. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
(a) They are not reliable.
(b) People can learn them from each other.
(c) They vary from person to person.
(d) They can be feigned.
4. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
5. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) He has to redeem her.
(b) She has to redeem him.
(c) He owes her an enormous debt.
(d) She owes him an enormous debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
3. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
4. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
5. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)