|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heloise argue for special dispensations?
(a) Monastic life should not be imposed on people who will only fail at it.
(b) Monastic life was designed for ascetics, not for everyone.
(c) Not everyone can emulate the sufferings of Christ the same way.
(d) She does not want certain nuns to be sent away from the convent.
2. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His even temper.
(d) His love of women.
3. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
4. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
(a) Exceptions for the old, young, and weak.
(b) Rewards for nuns who are the most devout.
(c) Exclusions for nuns who do not follow the rules.
(d) Special standards for the more devout nuns.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(b) His due.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say men say about her?
2. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
3. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)