|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
(b) Papal dispensations.
(c) The Rule of the Saints.
(d) Convent practice.
2. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Enlighten her.
(b) Encourage her.
(c) Disappoint her.
(d) Pray for her.
3. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(b) His absence from Heloise.
(c) His physical pain.
(d) His despair at his condition.
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His even temper.
(d) His love of women.
5. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
(a) They took the priestly offices from their brothers.
(b) They held priestly office equally with their brothers.
(c) They excelled their brothers in devotion.
(d) They betrayed their brothers' priestly duties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
2. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
3. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
4. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
5. How does Abelard say women acted in the early church?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)