|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He defiled her soul.
(b) He lost his reverence for God.
(c) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(d) He betrayed her father's trust.
2. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her partner in guilt and grace.
(b) As her saint.
(c) As her enemy.
(d) As her deliverer.
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Doubting God's grace.
(b) Rebelling against fate.
(c) Trying to see him.
(d) Writing him with her complaints.
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) Her father's permission to return home.
(b) Her father's forgiveness.
(c) His forgiveness.
(d) God's will.
5. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
(a) The abbot.
(c) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
2. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
3. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
4. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)