|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Taken up scriptural studies.
(b) Married her.
(c) Left philosophy.
(d) Sent her away.
2. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
(b) Seek God.
(c) Obey Abelard.
(d) Beg for forgiveness.
3. Where did Abelard study?
4. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
5. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
(a) Heloise's initial quotes about nuns' practices.
(b) Heloise's request for patience.
(c) Heloise's request for leniency.
(d) Heloise's demand for information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
2. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
3. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
5. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)