|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How much she has served him.
(b) How long his penance should last.
(c) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
3. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His suffering.
(b) His outrage.
(c) His love.
(d) His devotion to God.
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
5. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
(b) Papal dispensations.
(c) The Rule of the Saints.
(d) Convent practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
3. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)