|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the authority due to one in her position.
(b) To describe the people at his monastery.
(c) To describe his devotional practice.
(d) To declare his love for her.
2. How does Abelard say women acted in the early church?
(a) He says that women were the first to ask for rules of worship.
(b) He says that women were devoted to Christ early on.
(c) He says that women were among the first to persecute the apostles.
(d) He says that women doubted Christ's divinity.
3. What does Abelard say was honored by St. Paul and St. Jerome?
4. What was the status of Abelard's father?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What he owes her.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What her father can do for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Abelard born?
2. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
3. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
4. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
5. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)