|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Remember her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Write to her.
(d) Praise her.
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(c) Find him at his monastery.
(d) Repay her father's men for what they did.
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Left philosophy.
(b) Married her.
(c) Taken up scriptural studies.
(d) Sent her away.
4. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(b) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(c) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(d) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
5. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
(a) The mind.
(b) The heart.
(c) The conscience.
(d) A person's acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
2. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
3. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
4. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
5. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)