|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to the church.
(b) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(c) Managed it together with his brothers.
(d) Gave it to his mother.
2. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
(a) It ceased.
(b) It almost went extinct.
(c) It contracted.
(d) It expanded.
3. Who were monks and nuns imitating, according to Abelard?
(a) The oldest gods.
(c) The pope.
(d) The sun and moon.
4. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) He has to redeem her.
(b) He owes her an enormous debt.
(c) She owes him an enormous debt.
(d) She has to redeem him.
5. What does Letter 7 describe to Heloise?
(a) Examples of women favored by the church.
(b) Reasons why women should not receive lighter burdens.
(c) Reasons why women should receive lighter burdens.
(d) Examples of women who bore more than men could bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
2. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
3. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
4. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
5. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)