|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Moral and instructive.
(b) Appalling and outrageous.
(c) Tragic and unbearable.
(d) Sad and moving.
2. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His outrage.
(b) His love.
(c) His suffering.
(d) His devotion to God.
3. What does Heloise say men say about her?
(a) That she is chaste.
(b) That she is the most fortunate of women.
(c) That she is the most miserable of women.
(d) That she is a hypocrite.
4. To what does Abelard respond at first in Letter 7?
(a) Heloise's initial quotes about nuns' practices.
(b) Heloise's request for patience.
(c) Heloise's request for leniency.
(d) Heloise's demand for information.
5. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
2. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
3. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)