|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His outrage.
(b) His love.
(c) His suffering.
(d) His devotion to God.
2. What does Abelard say was honored by St. Paul and St. Jerome?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Left philosophy.
(b) Taken up scriptural studies.
(c) Married her.
(d) Sent her away.
4. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
(a) By failing to describe her as his wife.
(b) By asking her to intervene in his salvation.
(c) By writing with only grief and worry.
(d) By writing to her at the convent.
5. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her despair.
(b) Her bitterness.
(c) Her devotion.
(d) Her lust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
2. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
3. What is the logic behind Heloise's request to Abelard?
4. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
5. What did the woman do, whom Abelard cited in Letter 7?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)