|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Embalm him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Cremate him.
(d) Bury him.
2. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) Papal dispensations.
(b) The Rule of the Saints.
(d) Convent practice.
3. When did the practice of monasteries and convents begin?
(a) In the Middle Ages.
(b) In Christ's time.
(c) In Roman times.
(d) In antiquity.
4. Who were monks and nuns imitating, according to Abelard?
(b) The pope.
(c) The sun and moon.
(d) The oldest gods.
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the authority due to one in her position.
(b) To describe his devotional practice.
(c) To describe the people at his monastery.
(d) To declare his love for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say was honored by St. Paul and St. Jerome?
2. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
3. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
4. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
5. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)