|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
2. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
3. What does Abelard say about the daughters of Aaron?
(a) They took the priestly offices from their brothers.
(b) They excelled their brothers in devotion.
(c) They held priestly office equally with their brothers.
(d) They betrayed their brothers' priestly duties.
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(b) Find him at his monastery.
(c) Whatever he asks.
(d) Repay her father's men for what they did.
5. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
(a) Because of her devotion to God.
(b) Because she disavows praise.
(c) Because of her kind letter to him.
(d) Because she entered the convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Abelard say Jesus honored?
2. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
3. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
4. What is the logic behind Heloise's request to Abelard?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)