|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) How long his penance should last.
(c) How much she has served him.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Praise her.
(b) Remember her.
(c) Write to her.
(d) Pray for her.
3. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
(a) Hide her from her parents.
(b) Disguise her as a nun.
(c) Marry in secret.
(d) Send her away for her confinement.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His glory.
(d) His due.
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Details of her life in the convent.
(d) A sketch of the rule she requested from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
2. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
3. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
4. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
5. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)