|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 7, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(b) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(c) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(d) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(b) Heloise's lustfulness.
(c) Heloise's devotion.
(d) Heloise's bitterness.
3. Where was Abelard born?
(a) Le Pallet.
4. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As an inferior.
(c) As a lover.
(d) As a superior.
5. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her deliverer.
(b) As her enemy.
(c) As her partner in guilt and grace.
(d) As her saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
3. In Letter 6, what does Heloise ask Abelard to do for her?
4. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
5. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)