|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
2. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
(a) By writing with only grief and worry.
(b) By failing to describe her as his wife.
(c) By asking her to intervene in his salvation.
(d) By writing to her at the convent.
3. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(b) Irreligious sentiments.
4. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
5. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(b) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(c) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(d) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
2. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
3. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
4. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
5. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)