|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Trying to see him.
(b) Rebelling against fate.
(c) Doubting God's grace.
(d) Writing him with her complaints.
2. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) God alone.
(b) Abelard alone.
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Moral and instructive.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Sad and moving.
(d) Appalling and outrageous.
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's devotion.
(b) Heloise's bitterness.
(c) Heloise's lustfulness.
(d) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
5. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say men say about her?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
3. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)