|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Write to her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Praise her.
(d) Remember her.
2. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(b) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(c) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(d) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Tragic and unbearable.
(b) Appalling and outrageous.
(c) Sad and moving.
(d) Moral and instructive.
4. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(b) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(c) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(d) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Embalm him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Cremate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
2. Where was Abelard born?
3. Where did Abelard study?
4. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
5. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)