|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(b) His due.
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(c) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(d) Find him at his monastery.
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's bitterness.
(b) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(c) Heloise's devotion.
(d) Heloise's lustfulness.
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) A letter.
(b) An apology.
5. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place in secret.
(b) That it be a large celebration.
(c) That it take place immediately.
(d) That it not take place for two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
2. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
3. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
5. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)