|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a lover.
(b) As an inferior.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As a superior.
2. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
3. What does Heloise say men say about her?
(a) That she is the most fortunate of women.
(b) That she is a hypocrite.
(c) That she is the most miserable of women.
(d) That she is chaste.
4. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He sent her anonymous letters.
(b) He stole her away from her parents.
(c) He lodged with her family.
(d) He took her on as a private student in his home.
5. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
2. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
5. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)