|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
2. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
(a) Because his conscience required he tell her.
(b) Because he felt she shared his sin and ought to share his sorrow afterward.
(c) Because he felt she needed to know.
(d) Because she asked him to share his sorrow.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His inferior.
(b) His superior.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His student.
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(c) How she resisted his advances.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
5. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her bitterness.
(b) Her despair.
(c) Her devotion.
(d) Her lust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
2. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
3. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)