|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
(a) To avoid the disgrace of a hasty marriage.
(b) To let her recover from illness.
(c) To sequester her away from suitors.
(d) To hide her pregnancy.
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(b) A letter.
(d) An apology.
3. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(d) Irreligious sentiments.
4. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His suffering.
(b) His love.
(c) His devotion to God.
(d) His outrage.
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Rebelling against fate.
(b) Doubting God's grace.
(c) Writing him with her complaints.
(d) Trying to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
2. Where did Abelard study?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
4. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
5. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)