|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
2. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) A friend.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) His father.
3. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(a) Government work.
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Avoiding contact with her.
(b) Feeling freed of her.
(c) Owing her a great debt.
(d) Disappointing her.
5. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Laon.
(b) Anselm of Canterbury.
(c) William of Champeaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
2. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
3. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)