|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His volatile personality.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His love of women.
2. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
(a) Her knowledge of God's grace.
(c) Memory of the pleasure of lovemaking.
(d) Delight in the sinfulness of fornication.
3. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
(a) Desire to share in suffering out of love.
(b) Desire to educate her about man's wicked ways.
(c) Desire to fill her soul with awe and desire for repentance.
(d) Desire for God's forgiveness.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His student.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His superior.
(d) His inferior.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(c) His due.
(d) His glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
2. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
4. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
5. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)