|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(b) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(c) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(d) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Great sorrow.
(c) Outrage and despair.
(d) Mixed relief and sadness.
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His even temper.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His love of women.
4. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a teacher.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As a superior.
(d) As an inferior.
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Original sin.
(b) Malicious men.
(c) Cruel fate.
(d) His sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
4. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
5. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)