|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her abbot.
2. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
(a) The most hypocritical woman.
(b) The most wretched of women.
(c) The luckiest of women.
(d) The most irreligious woman.
3. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
4. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) Her father's permission to return home.
(b) His forgiveness.
(c) Her father's forgiveness.
(d) God's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
2. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
4. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
5. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)