|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
(a) An Italian woman.
(b) A German woman.
(c) An Ethiopian woman.
(d) A Chinese woman.
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(b) How much she has served him.
(c) How long his penance should last.
(d) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) How he is doing.
(b) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(c) When she will see him again.
(d) Why she has not heard from him.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His glory.
(c) His due.
5. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His outrage.
(b) His devotion to God.
(c) His love.
(d) His suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
2. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
3. Where was Abelard born?
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
5. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)