|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise and the nuns.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) The men who castrated him.
(d) Heloise's father.
2. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it not take place for two years.
(b) That it take place in secret.
(c) That it be a large celebration.
(d) That it take place immediately.
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) He owes her an enormous debt.
(b) She owes him an enormous debt.
(c) She has to redeem him.
(d) He has to redeem her.
4. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Loan him start-up money.
(b) Try to stop him.
(c) Encourage him.
(d) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
5. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Disappoint her.
(b) Encourage her.
(c) Enlighten her.
(d) Pray for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
2. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
3. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
4. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
5. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)