|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Disappoint her.
(b) Enlighten her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Encourage her.
2. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(b) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(c) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(d) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
3. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place immediately.
(b) That it be a large celebration.
(c) That it take place in secret.
(d) That it not take place for two years.
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
(a) Rescue her from the convent.
(b) Tell her about his situation in detail.
(c) Spare her further grief.
(d) Come to see her.
5. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(b) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(c) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(d) That she is still there to comfort him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
3. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
4. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
5. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)