|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Managed it together with his brothers.
(b) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(c) Gave it to the church.
(d) Gave it to his mother.
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) A letter.
(d) An apology.
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Embalm him.
(b) Cremate him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Bury him.
4. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Great sorrow.
(c) Mixed relief and sadness.
(d) Outrage and despair.
5. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He stole her away from her parents.
(b) He sent her anonymous letters.
(c) He lodged with her family.
(d) He took her on as a private student in his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
2. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
5. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)