|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abelard study?
2. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He betrayed her father's trust.
(b) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(c) He lost his reverence for God.
(d) He defiled her soul.
3. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being harmed further.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being exiled.
(d) Going to hell.
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Feeling freed of her.
(b) Avoiding contact with her.
(c) Disappointing her.
(d) Owing her a great debt.
5. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Find him at his monastery.
(c) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(d) Repay her father's men for what they did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
3. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
5. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)