|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Embalm him.
(d) Cremate him.
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise and the nuns.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) The men who castrated him.
(d) Heloise's father.
3. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He lost his reverence for God.
(b) He betrayed her father's trust.
(c) He defiled her soul.
(d) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(b) Ordinary experience.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) His letter.
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Going to hell.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being harmed further.
(d) Being exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say about herself?
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
3. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
4. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
5. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)