|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His superior.
(b) His student.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His inferior.
2. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Owing her a great debt.
(b) Avoiding contact with her.
(c) Disappointing her.
(d) Feeling freed of her.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Praise her.
(b) Write to her.
(c) Remember her.
(d) Pray for her.
4. Where did Abelard study?
5. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
(a) By writing to her at the convent.
(b) By failing to describe her as his wife.
(c) By asking her to intervene in his salvation.
(d) By writing with only grief and worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
3. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
4. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)