|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Mixed relief and sadness.
(b) Outrage and despair.
(d) Great sorrow.
2. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her devotion.
(b) Her bitterness.
(c) Her lust.
(d) Her despair.
3. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As an inferior.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As a superior.
(d) As a teacher.
4. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
5. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Find him at his monastery.
(b) Whatever he asks.
(c) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(d) Repay her father's men for what they did.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
3. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
4. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
5. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)