|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's bitterness.
(b) Heloise's lustfulness.
(c) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(d) Heloise's devotion.
3. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
4. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
(a) His allowing them to be blind to virtue.
(b) His letting them sin in the first place.
(c) His punishing them after they atoned for their sin
(d) His patience with them in their blindness.
5. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(b) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(c) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(d) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
2. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
3. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
4. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
5. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)