|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
2. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(b) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(c) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(d) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Cremate him.
(c) Embalm him.
(d) Bless him.
4. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
5. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) What drew him to her.
(b) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
(c) Whether his words were honest.
(d) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
2. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
3. What does Heloise say about herself?
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)