|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How long his penance should last.
(b) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(c) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(d) How much she has served him.
3. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her partner in guilt and grace.
(b) As her deliverer.
(c) As her enemy.
(d) As her saint.
4. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(b) He betrayed her father's trust.
(c) He defiled her soul.
(d) He lost his reverence for God.
5. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Owing her a great debt.
(b) Feeling freed of her.
(c) Avoiding contact with her.
(d) Disappointing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
3. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
4. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)