|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 5, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(b) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
(c) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
(d) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How long his penance should last.
(b) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(c) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(d) How much she has served him.
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(b) That he wanted to hide.
(c) That he was proud of what happened.
(d) That he did not care for her.
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) God alone.
(b) Abelard alone.
5. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Only Heloise.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Heloise and the nuns.
(d) Heloise's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
3. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
5. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)