|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to the church.
(b) Gave it to his mother.
(c) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(d) Managed it together with his brothers.
2. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
(a) His punishing them after they atoned for their sin
(b) His patience with them in their blindness.
(c) His letting them sin in the first place.
(d) His allowing them to be blind to virtue.
3. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(b) When she will see him again.
(c) How he is doing.
(d) Why she has not heard from him.
5. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
3. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
5. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)