|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(b) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(c) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(d) That she is still there to comfort him.
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(a) To survive.
3. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Canterbury.
(c) William of Champeaux.
(d) Anselm of Laon.
4. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Sent her away.
(b) Left philosophy.
(c) Taken up scriptural studies.
(d) Married her.
5. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(b) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(c) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(d) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
4. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
5. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)