|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place in secret.
(b) That it take place immediately.
(c) That it not take place for two years.
(d) That it be a large celebration.
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It sets the stage.
(b) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Remember her.
(b) Write to her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Praise her.
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Owing her a great debt.
(b) Disappointing her.
(c) Avoiding contact with her.
(d) Feeling freed of her.
5. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
2. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
5. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)