|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
(a) Delight in the sinfulness of fornication.
(c) Her knowledge of God's grace.
(d) Memory of the pleasure of lovemaking.
2. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
3. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(b) It was Fulbert's right.
(c) It destroyed him.
(d) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) Making things right with her father.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) The salvation of her soul.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Embalm him.
(c) Cremate him.
(d) Bless him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
3. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
4. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
5. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)