|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(b) St. Denis.
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Married her.
(b) Left philosophy.
(c) Sent her away.
(d) Taken up scriptural studies.
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
(a) Tell her about his situation in detail.
(b) Rescue her from the convent.
(c) Spare her further grief.
(d) Come to see her.
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) How long his penance should last.
(c) How much she has served him.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
2. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
3. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
4. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)