|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(c) His due.
(d) His glory.
2. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(a) Government work.
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How she resisted his advances.
(c) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(d) How she resisted his requests to marry.
5. What does Heloise say men say about her?
(a) That she is the most miserable of women.
(b) That she is a hypocrite.
(c) That she is chaste.
(d) That she is the most fortunate of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
2. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
3. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)