|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Sent her away.
(b) Married her.
(c) Left philosophy.
(d) Taken up scriptural studies.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) When she will see him again.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) How he is doing.
(d) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His love of women.
(d) His even temper.
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) A letter.
(c) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
4. What does Heloise say she admires?
5. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)