|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It predicts what will come.
(b) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(c) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(d) It sets the stage.
2. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
(a) She pretends not to make a demand.
(b) She pretends to be optimistic about seeing Abelard again.
(c) She pretends to be miserable over Abelard's plight.
(d) She pretends to be happy where she is.
3. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(d) St. Denis.
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
(b) Memory of the pleasure of lovemaking.
(c) Her knowledge of God's grace.
(d) Delight in the sinfulness of fornication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
3. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
4. What does Heloise say she admires?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)