|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
2. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
(a) The most hypocritical woman.
(b) The luckiest of women.
(c) The most irreligious woman.
(d) The most wretched of women.
3. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(c) His due.
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His devotion.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His even temper.
(d) His volatile personality.
5. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
2. What does Heloise say men say about her?
3. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
4. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
5. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)