|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(d) Irreligious sentiments.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What he owes her.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
(a) Come to see her.
(b) Spare her further grief.
(c) Rescue her from the convent.
(d) Tell her about his situation in detail.
4. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(b) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(c) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
(d) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought she could not love him now.
(b) He did not want to make her suffer.
(c) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(d) He thought their time together was over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
3. Where did Abelard study?
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
5. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)