|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(b) Abelard alone.
(c) God alone.
2. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(b) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
(c) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(d) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
3. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
(a) Fighting with William of Champeaux.
(b) Debating philosophy.
(c) Debating scripture.
(d) Studying with Anselm of Laon.
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Remember her.
(b) Pray for her.
(c) Write to her.
(d) Praise her.
5. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Only Heloise.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Heloise and the nuns.
(d) Heloise's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say men say about her?
2. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
5. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)