|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
2. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being harmed further.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being exiled.
(d) Going to hell.
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) His sins.
(c) Malicious men.
(d) Original sin.
4. Where was Abelard born?
(c) Le Pallet.
5. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
(a) Debating philosophy.
(b) Fighting with William of Champeaux.
(c) Debating scripture.
(d) Studying with Anselm of Laon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say she admires?
2. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
3. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
4. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
5. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)