|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(c) St. Denis.
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Praise her.
(b) Write to her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Remember her.
3. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Find him at his monastery.
(b) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(c) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(d) Whatever he asks.
4. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) What drew him to her.
(b) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
(c) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
(d) Whether his words were honest.
5. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(b) Mixed relief and sadness.
(c) Outrage and despair.
(d) Great sorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
2. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
3. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
4. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
5. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)