|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place immediately.
(b) That it be a large celebration.
(c) That it not take place for two years.
(d) That it take place in secret.
2. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Freedom from pain.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) To forget him.
(d) Faith to see her through.
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(b) That he did not care for her.
(c) That he wanted to hide.
(d) That he was proud of what happened.
4. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(b) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(c) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(d) That she is still there to comfort him.
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) How he is doing.
(b) When she will see him again.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) Why she has not heard from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
3. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
4. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
5. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)