|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) Why she has not heard from him.
(b) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(c) How he is doing.
(d) When she will see him again.
2. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That she is still there to comfort him.
(b) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
(c) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(d) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
3. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How she resisted his advances.
(c) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
4. Where was Abelard born?
(b) Le Pallet.
5. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) The men who castrated him.
(b) Heloise and the nuns.
(c) Only Heloise.
(d) Heloise's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
2. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
3. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
4. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
5. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)