|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(b) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(c) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(d) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
2. Where was Abelard born?
(d) Le Pallet.
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise and the nuns.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) The men who castrated him.
4. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
(b) Try to stop him.
(c) Loan him start-up money.
(d) Encourage him.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(d) His due.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
2. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
3. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
5. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)