|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
(a) Tell her about his situation in detail.
(b) Rescue her from the convent.
(c) Come to see her.
(d) Spare her further grief.
2. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(b) Abelard alone.
(d) God alone.
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) A letter.
(b) An apology.
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her to pray for him.
(b) Asking for her forgiveness.
(c) Asking her for help.
(d) Asking for her whereabouts.
5. Where was Abelard born?
(b) Le Pallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
2. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
3. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)