|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 4, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His love.
(b) His suffering.
(c) His outrage.
(d) His devotion to God.
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) The men who castrated him.
(b) Heloise's father.
(c) Only Heloise.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His even temper.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His love of women.
4. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
5. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
2. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
3. What does Heloise say about herself?
4. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
5. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)