|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) When she will see him again.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) How he is doing.
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Cremate him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Embalm him.
3. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being harmed further.
(b) Going to hell.
(c) Being exiled.
(d) Being killed.
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(b) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(c) How she resisted his advances.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
5. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) He owes her an enormous debt.
(b) She has to redeem him.
(c) He has to redeem her.
(d) She owes him an enormous debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
2. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
3. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
4. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)