|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His suffering.
(b) His devotion to God.
(c) His outrage.
(d) His love.
2. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Freedom from pain.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) To forget him.
(d) Faith to see her through.
3. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His despair at his condition.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His absence from Heloise.
(d) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(c) How much she has served him.
(d) How long his penance should last.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
3. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)