|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
(a) To avoid the disgrace of a hasty marriage.
(b) To sequester her away from suitors.
(c) To let her recover from illness.
(d) To hide her pregnancy.
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(a) To survive.
3. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(b) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(c) How she resisted his advances.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Avoiding contact with her.
(b) Owing her a great debt.
(c) Disappointing her.
(d) Feeling freed of her.
5. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(b) Anselm of Laon.
(c) William of Champeaux.
(d) Anselm of Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
5. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)