|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(b) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
(c) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
(d) William of Champeaux invited him back.
2. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Disappointing her.
(b) Avoiding contact with her.
(c) Owing her a great debt.
(d) Feeling freed of her.
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Only Heloise.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
4. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(c) His despair at his condition.
(d) His physical pain.
5. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(c) St. Denis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say she admires?
2. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
3. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
4. What was the status of Abelard's father?
5. Where did Abelard study?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)