|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) Making things right with her father.
(b) The salvation of her soul.
(c) The arrogance of their actions.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
2. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(b) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(c) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(d) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Only Heloise.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
4. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) Consolation doubled.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) All the consolation there is.
(d) The basis of love.
5. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) Abelard alone.
(d) God alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
5. Where was Abelard born?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)