|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
(a) To let her recover from illness.
(b) To avoid the disgrace of a hasty marriage.
(c) To hide her pregnancy.
(d) To sequester her away from suitors.
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(b) To survive.
3. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(c) How she resisted his advances.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(c) Abelard alone.
(d) God alone.
5. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it be a large celebration.
(b) That it take place in secret.
(c) That it take place immediately.
(d) That it not take place for two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
2. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)