|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(b) Gave it to the church.
(c) Gave it to his mother.
(d) Managed it together with his brothers.
2. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Embalm him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Cremate him.
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Ordinary experience.
(c) His letter.
(d) Her childhood.
5. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(b) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(c) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(d) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
3. Where was Abelard born?
4. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
5. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)