|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(b) That he did not care for her.
(c) That he wanted to hide.
(d) That he was proud of what happened.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) When she will see him again.
(b) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(c) How he is doing.
(d) Why she has not heard from him.
3. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He lodged with her family.
(b) He took her on as a private student in his home.
(c) He stole her away from her parents.
(d) He sent her anonymous letters.
4. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Tragic and unbearable.
(b) Sad and moving.
(c) Appalling and outrageous.
(d) Moral and instructive.
5. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) His father.
(b) Heloise's father.
(c) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Abelard born?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
3. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
4. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
5. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)