|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(c) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(d) How she resisted his advances.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What he owes her.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What her father can do for them.
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) He has to redeem her.
(b) He owes her an enormous debt.
(c) She has to redeem him.
(d) She owes him an enormous debt.
4. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it be a large celebration.
(b) That it take place immediately.
(c) That it take place in secret.
(d) That it not take place for two years.
5. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Managed it together with his brothers.
(b) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(c) Gave it to his mother.
(d) Gave it to the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
5. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)