|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(d) St. Denis.
2. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It destroyed him.
(b) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(c) It was Fulbert's right.
(d) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
3. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(b) How she resisted his advances.
(c) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
4. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(b) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(c) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
(d) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
5. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Ordinary experience.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) His letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
2. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
5. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)