|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it be a large celebration.
(b) That it take place in secret.
(c) That it take place immediately.
(d) That it not take place for two years.
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Great sorrow.
(b) Mixed relief and sadness.
(d) Outrage and despair.
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought their time together was over.
(b) He did not want to make her suffer.
(c) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(d) He thought she could not love him now.
4. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It predicts what will come.
(b) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(c) It sets the stage.
(d) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) Malicious men.
(c) Original sin.
(d) His sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
2. Where was Abelard born?
3. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
4. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
5. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)