|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His even temper.
(c) His love of women.
(d) His devotion.
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He did not want to make her suffer.
(b) He thought their time together was over.
(c) He thought she could not love him now.
(d) He wanted to put the past behind him.
3. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to the church.
(b) Managed it together with his brothers.
(c) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(d) Gave it to his mother.
4. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She owes him an enormous debt.
(b) He has to redeem her.
(c) She has to redeem him.
(d) He owes her an enormous debt.
5. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(b) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(c) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(d) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
3. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
5. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)