|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to his mother.
(b) Managed it together with his brothers.
(c) Gave it to the church.
(d) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) Why she has not heard from him.
(b) How he is doing.
(c) When she will see him again.
(d) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Sad and moving.
(b) Appalling and outrageous.
(c) Moral and instructive.
(d) Tragic and unbearable.
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(b) His letter.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Ordinary experience.
5. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The arrogance of their actions.
(b) Making things right with her father.
(c) The salvation of her soul.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
4. What was the status of Abelard's father?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)