|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(b) William of Champeaux.
(c) Anselm of Canterbury.
(d) Anselm of Laon.
2. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
3. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(b) To survive.
4. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His devotion to God.
(b) His outrage.
(c) His suffering.
(d) His love.
5. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(b) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It sets the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
5. What was the status of Abelard's father?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)