|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise's father.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Heloise and the nuns.
(d) Only Heloise.
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) His sins.
(c) Malicious men.
(d) Original sin.
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Moral and instructive.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Appalling and outrageous.
(d) Sad and moving.
4. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(a) Government work.
5. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Outrage and despair.
(b) Great sorrow.
(d) Mixed relief and sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
4. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
5. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)