|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Find him at his monastery.
(c) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(d) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(a) St. Denis.
3. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How she resisted his advances.
(c) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) How much she has served him.
(c) How long his penance should last.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
5. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Left philosophy.
(b) Taken up scriptural studies.
(c) Married her.
(d) Sent her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
3. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)