|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
2. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
(b) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(c) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(d) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The power of virtuous men.
(b) The inevitability of justice.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) The inevitability of suffering.
4. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(b) Outrage and despair.
(c) Great sorrow.
(d) Mixed relief and sadness.
5. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
5. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)