|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Original sin.
(b) Cruel fate.
(c) His sins.
(d) Malicious men.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What she can do for him.
(b) What her father can do for them.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What he owes her.
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His love of women.
(d) His even temper.
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(c) A letter.
(d) An apology.
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The inevitability of justice.
(b) The power of virtuous men.
(c) The inevitability of suffering.
(d) The power of prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
4. What was the status of Abelard's father?
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)