|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(b) Ordinary experience.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) His letter.
2. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(c) His despair at his condition.
(d) His physical pain.
3. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
(b) It destroyed him.
(c) It was Fulbert's right.
(d) It was an outrage against his humanity.
4. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(b) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(c) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(d) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
5. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(d) To survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
2. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
4. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
5. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)