|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of Abelard's father?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Married her.
(b) Sent her away.
(c) Left philosophy.
(d) Taken up scriptural studies.
3. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) He owes her an enormous debt.
(b) She owes him an enormous debt.
(c) She has to redeem him.
(d) He has to redeem her.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His due.
(d) His glory.
5. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) His father.
(c) A friend.
(d) Heloise's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
2. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
3. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
5. Where was Abelard born?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)