|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(c) What he owes her.
(d) What she can do for him.
2. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
(b) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(c) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
(d) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
3. What was the status of Abelard's father?
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(b) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(c) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(d) How she resisted his advances.
5. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Sad and moving.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Moral and instructive.
(d) Appalling and outrageous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
5. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)