|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(b) An apology.
(c) A letter.
2. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He lodged with her family.
(b) He took her on as a private student in his home.
(c) He stole her away from her parents.
(d) He sent her anonymous letters.
3. What was the status of Abelard's father?
4. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(b) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(c) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(d) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
5. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(c) Find him at his monastery.
(d) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
2. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
3. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
5. Where was Abelard born?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)