|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(b) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(c) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(d) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
2. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) All the consolation there is.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) Consolation doubled.
(d) The basis of love.
3. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(b) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(c) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
(d) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
4. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
(b) Whether his words were honest.
(c) What drew him to her.
(d) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) How much she has served him.
(c) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(d) How long his penance should last.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
3. Where did Abelard study?
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)