|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was Fulbert's right.
(b) It destroyed him.
(c) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(d) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
2. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
3. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(b) It predicts what will come.
(c) It sets the stage.
(d) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
4. Where was Abelard born?
(d) Le Pallet.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(b) His due.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
2. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
4. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
5. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)