|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to his mother.
(b) Gave it to the church.
(c) Managed it together with his brothers.
(d) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
2. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
3. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was Fulbert's right.
(b) It destroyed him.
(c) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(d) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(d) His due.
5. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Appalling and outrageous.
(b) Sad and moving.
(c) Tragic and unbearable.
(d) Moral and instructive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
4. What does Heloise say she admires?
5. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)