|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) Heloise's father.
(b) A friend.
(d) His father.
2. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Tragic and unbearable.
(b) Appalling and outrageous.
(c) Sad and moving.
(d) Moral and instructive.
3. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Try to stop him.
(b) Encourage him.
(c) Loan him start-up money.
(d) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
4. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
(a) She pretends to be miserable over Abelard's plight.
(b) She pretends to be optimistic about seeing Abelard again.
(c) She pretends to be happy where she is.
(d) She pretends not to make a demand.
5. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(b) How she resisted his advances.
(c) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
3. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)