|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Try to stop him.
(b) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
(c) Loan him start-up money.
(d) Encourage him.
2. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
3. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) God alone.
(d) Abelard alone.
4. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
(a) To hide her pregnancy.
(b) To let her recover from illness.
(c) To avoid the disgrace of a hasty marriage.
(d) To sequester her away from suitors.
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What he owes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
3. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)