|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) Heloise's father.
(b) A friend.
(d) His father.
2. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
(b) Whether his words were honest.
(c) What drew him to her.
(d) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
3. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) Abelard alone.
(b) God alone.
4. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to the church.
(b) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(c) Managed it together with his brothers.
(d) Gave it to his mother.
5. Where was Abelard born?
(b) Le Pallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
2. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
3. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
4. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
5. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)