|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Appalling and outrageous.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Sad and moving.
(d) Moral and instructive.
2. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it not take place for two years.
(b) That it be a large celebration.
(c) That it take place immediately.
(d) That it take place in secret.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) When she will see him again.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) How he is doing.
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His volatile personality.
5. Where did Abelard study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
2. What does Heloise say she admires?
3. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
4. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
5. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)