|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Great sorrow.
(c) Outrage and despair.
(d) Mixed relief and sadness.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) When she will see him again.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) How he is doing.
3. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
(a) She pretends to be miserable over Abelard's plight.
(b) She pretends to be optimistic about seeing Abelard again.
(c) She pretends to be happy where she is.
(d) She pretends not to make a demand.
4. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
(a) Studying with Anselm of Laon.
(b) Fighting with William of Champeaux.
(c) Debating scripture.
(d) Debating philosophy.
5. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(b) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(c) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(d) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
3. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
4. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
5. Where was Abelard born?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)