|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It sets the stage.
(b) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
3. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Laon.
(b) Anselm of Canterbury.
(d) William of Champeaux.
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(c) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(d) Find him at his monastery.
5. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His devotion.
(b) His volatile personality.
(c) His love of women.
(d) His even temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
2. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
4. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)