|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Great sorrow.
(c) Outrage and despair.
(d) Mixed relief and sadness.
2. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
(a) Studying with Anselm of Laon.
(b) Debating philosophy.
(c) Fighting with William of Champeaux.
(d) Debating scripture.
3. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
4. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) Consolation doubled.
(b) The basis of love.
(c) Consolation eased.
(d) All the consolation there is.
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(b) What he owes her.
(c) What she can do for him.
(d) What her father can do for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
4. Where did Abelard study?
5. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)