|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
2. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His due.
(c) His glory.
3. Where was Abelard born?
(d) Le Pallet.
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How much she has served him.
(b) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(c) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(d) How long his penance should last.
5. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Encourage him.
(b) Try to stop him.
(c) Loan him start-up money.
(d) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
2. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
4. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
5. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)