|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Sent her away.
(b) Married her.
(c) Taken up scriptural studies.
(d) Left philosophy.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) When she will see him again.
(d) How he is doing.
3. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His devotion.
(d) His volatile personality.
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) A letter.
(d) An apology.
5. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it not take place for two years.
(b) That it take place in secret.
(c) That it take place immediately.
(d) That it be a large celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
2. What does Heloise say she admires?
3. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
4. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
5. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)