|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(b) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(c) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(d) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
2. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his advances.
(b) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(c) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(d) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
3. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) What drew him to her.
(b) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
(c) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
(d) Whether his words were honest.
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) Abelard alone.
(b) God alone.
5. Where did Abelard study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of Abelard's father?
2. Where was Abelard born?
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
4. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)