|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Married her.
(b) Left philosophy.
(c) Taken up scriptural studies.
(d) Sent her away.
2. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(c) An apology.
(d) A letter.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(b) How he is doing.
(c) When she will see him again.
(d) Why she has not heard from him.
4. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(b) It predicts what will come.
(c) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(d) It sets the stage.
5. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His volatile personality.
(b) His love of women.
(c) His even temper.
(d) His devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
2. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
3. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
4. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
5. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)