|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Try to stop him.
(b) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
(c) Loan him start-up money.
(d) Encourage him.
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She owes him an enormous debt.
(b) She has to redeem him.
(c) He has to redeem her.
(d) He owes her an enormous debt.
3. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(b) It sets the stage.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
4. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He sent her anonymous letters.
(b) He lodged with her family.
(c) He stole her away from her parents.
(d) He took her on as a private student in his home.
5. What was the status of Abelard's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
2. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
4. Where was Abelard born?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)