|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his advances.
(b) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(c) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(d) How she resisted his requests to marry.
2. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He lodged with her family.
(b) He stole her away from her parents.
(c) He took her on as a private student in his home.
(d) He sent her anonymous letters.
3. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
(a) She pretends to be happy where she is.
(b) She pretends to be miserable over Abelard's plight.
(c) She pretends to be optimistic about seeing Abelard again.
(d) She pretends not to make a demand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
3. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
4. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
5. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)