|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 2, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) What she can do for him.
(c) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(d) What he owes her.
2. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(b) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(c) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(d) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
3. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
4. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Sad and moving.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Moral and instructive.
(d) Appalling and outrageous.
5. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Loan him start-up money.
(b) Try to stop him.
(c) Encourage him.
(d) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
2. Where was Abelard born?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
4. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
5. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)