|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it not take place for two years.
(b) That it take place immediately.
(c) That it take place in secret.
(d) That it be a large celebration.
2. For what is Heloise arguing in Letter 6?
(a) An absolute rule for burdens.
(b) Rules that respect gender differences.
(c) A case-by-case standard for burdens.
(d) Contextual application of burdens.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the reasons for her to go on being a nun.
(b) To tell her how nuns should conduct themselves.
(c) To tell her how the order of nuns began.
(d) To forgive her.
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
(b) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
(c) Whether his words were honest.
(d) What drew him to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
2. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
3. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
4. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
5. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)