|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(a) St. Denis.
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(b) It sets the stage.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
3. What was the status of Abelard's father?
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) His letter.
(c) Ordinary experience.
(d) Her childhood.
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) His sins.
(b) Cruel fate.
(c) Original sin.
(d) Malicious men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the practice of nunnery change in the early church?
2. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
3. Why did the sender of Letter 9 think that the action Abelard took was appropriate?
4. What was the sender of Letter 9 trying to offer Abelard?
5. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)