|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) Why she has not heard from him.
(b) How he is doing.
(c) When she will see him again.
(d) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
2. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of her soul.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
3. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
(a) A family.
(b) An army.
(c) A business.
(d) The government.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. How does Abelard define poverty?
(a) Lack of property.
(b) Refusal to own property.
(d) Wealth in divine possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
2. What reason does the sender give for writing Letter 9?
3. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
4. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
5. Who was Innocent II?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)