|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the sender give for writing Letter 9?
(a) He is writing on Abelard's behalf.
(b) He is looking for contributions for Abelard.
(c) He is preparing Abelard's case.
(d) He is looking for support for Abelard.
2. What is the tone of the last part of Letter 9?
3. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Feeling freed of her.
(b) Avoiding contact with her.
(c) Owing her a great debt.
(d) Disappointing her.
5. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
(b) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(c) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(d) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
2. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. When did the practice of monasteries and convents begin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)