|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
2. What did the sender of Letter 9 advise Abelard to do?
(a) Flee the country.
(b) Gather supporters.
(c) Appeal to the pope.
(d) Get a judgment from the Abbot of Citeaux.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
(a) Come to see her.
(b) Tell her about his situation in detail.
(c) Spare her further grief.
(d) Rescue her from the convent.
4. What does Heloise say about herself?
(a) That she is the most miserable of women.
(b) That she is chaste.
(c) That she is a hypocrite.
(d) That she is the most fortunate of women.
5. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
(a) The abbot.
(d) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
2. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
3. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise at the end of Letter 7?
5. Whom does Abelard say Jesus honored?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)