|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
2. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Making love at the refectory.
(b) Falling in love before being married.
(c) Getting married in secret.
(d) Enjoying their lovemaking.
3. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
(a) His punishing them after they atoned for their sin
(b) His letting them sin in the first place.
(c) His allowing them to be blind to virtue.
(d) His patience with them in their blindness.
4. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
(a) Her father.
(b) His abbot.
(c) The nuns.
5. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
3. What did the woman do, whom Abelard cited in Letter 7?
4. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
5. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)