|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say men say about her?
(a) That she is the most fortunate of women.
(b) That she is the most miserable of women.
(c) That she is chaste.
(d) That she is a hypocrite.
2. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(b) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
(c) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
(d) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
3. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) In each according to his talents.
(b) Differently in different people.
(c) The same in everyone.
(d) In each according to his weakness.
4. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) His letter.
(c) Ordinary experience.
(d) Her childhood.
5. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Freedom from pain.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) To forget him.
(d) Faith to see her through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
2. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
3. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
4. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
5. For what is Heloise arguing in Letter 6?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)