|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Rebelling against fate.
(b) Trying to see him.
(c) Doubting God's grace.
(d) Writing him with her complaints.
2. In Letter 4, for what does Heloise say she is grateful?
(a) That she still has her eyes to see the world.
(b) That she is still there to comfort him.
(c) That Abelard is still alive to be her companion.
(d) That the tempter did not get her to do wrong.
3. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
(a) He stole her away from her parents.
(b) He lodged with her family.
(c) He sent her anonymous letters.
(d) He took her on as a private student in his home.
4. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
5. What is the tone of the last part of Letter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
2. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
3. Who was Innocent II?
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)