|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
2. Where did Abelard study?
3. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Married her.
(b) Taken up scriptural studies.
(c) Left philosophy.
(d) Sent her away.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His superior.
(c) His student.
(d) His inferior.
5. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
(a) The life of poverty.
(b) The life of silence.
(c) The life of prayer.
(d) The life of continence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
2. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
3. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
4. What does Letter 7 describe to Heloise?
5. How had Abelard handled the sender of Letter 9's recommendation?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)