|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(b) That he did not care for her.
(c) That he was proud of what happened.
(d) That he wanted to hide.
2. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
3. What news about Abelard does the sender of Letter 9 relate?
(a) That he is becoming a popular leader.
(b) That he is accused of heresy.
(c) That he is instituting progressive reforms.
(d) That he has proposed an order for nuns.
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(a) Further punishment.
(b) Begging for mercy.
5. What request of Heloise's does Abelard fail to fulfill in Letter 7?
(a) Her request for a history of his experience.
(b) Her request for a reason to keep suffering.
(c) Her request for a rule.
(d) Her request for an end to his sufferings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
2. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
3. What is the tone of the last part of Letter 9?
4. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)