|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
(a) Be sensitive to her weakness.
(b) Hold her to a standard above herself.
(c) Listen to the details of her feelings.
(d) Ask her to recount her sufferings.
2. Where did Abelard study?
3. What contrast does Abelard describe between early practice and current practice?
(a) Serving women and saints.
(b) Martyrs and bureaucrats.
(c) Humble women celebrating Christ and current bishops strutting in robes.
(d) Saints and serving women.
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the authority due to one in her position.
(b) To describe his devotional practice.
(c) To describe the people at his monastery.
(d) To declare his love for her.
5. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Enlighten her.
(b) Disappoint her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Encourage her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
2. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
3. How does Abelard say women acted in the early church?
4. What was the status of Abelard's father?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)