|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 9, Peter the Venerable: Letter (98) to Pope Innocent I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
(a) Special standards for the more devout nuns.
(b) Rewards for nuns who are the most devout.
(c) Exclusions for nuns who do not follow the rules.
(d) Exceptions for the old, young, and weak.
2. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
(a) A person's acts.
(b) The heart.
(c) The conscience.
(d) The mind.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His inferior.
(c) His student.
(d) His superior.
4. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) The basis of love.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) Consolation doubled.
(d) All the consolation there is.
5. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Disappointing her.
(b) Avoiding contact with her.
(c) Owing her a great debt.
(d) Feeling freed of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
2. How would you describe Abelard's method of arranging Letter 7?
3. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
5. What step did the sender recommend Abelard to take to change his position?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)