|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) Making things right with her father.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) The salvation of her soul.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) Why she has not heard from him.
(b) When she will see him again.
(c) How he is doing.
(d) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
3. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Encourage him.
(b) Loan him start-up money.
(c) Try to stop him.
(d) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
4. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(b) St. Denis.
5. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(b) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
(c) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(d) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
2. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
3. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
4. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
5. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)