|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Feeling freed of her.
(b) Disappointing her.
(c) Avoiding contact with her.
(d) Owing her a great debt.
2. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
(a) Heloise's father asking the authorities to punish Abelard.
(b) Abelard lamenting his and Heloise's plight.
(c) Heloise's father asking his men to take revenge.
(d) Heloise's mother asking her husband to be lenient on Abelard.
3. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Canterbury.
(c) Anselm of Laon.
(d) William of Champeaux.
4. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Cremate him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Embalm him.
5. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
2. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. Where was Abelard born?
5. Where did Abelard study?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)