|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(c) His despair at his condition.
(d) His physical pain.
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) William of Champeaux.
(b) Anselm of Canterbury.
(c) Anselm of Laon.
3. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) His letter.
(c) Ordinary experience.
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(c) A letter.
(d) An apology.
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(a) His glory.
(c) His due.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
2. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
3. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
5. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)