|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
2. Where did Abelard study?
3. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Managed it together with his brothers.
(b) Gave it to his mother.
(c) Gave it to the church.
(d) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
4. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It predicts what will come.
(b) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(c) It sets the stage.
(d) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
5. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(b) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
(c) It was Fulbert's right.
(d) It destroyed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
3. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
4. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)