|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) What he owes her.
(c) What she can do for him.
(d) Whether they ought to see each other again.
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She owes him an enormous debt.
(b) He has to redeem her.
(c) He owes her an enormous debt.
(d) She has to redeem him.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(b) Why she has not heard from him.
(c) How he is doing.
(d) When she will see him again.
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his advances.
(b) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(c) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(d) How he resisted her requests to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
2. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
3. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
5. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)