|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) The basis of love.
(b) All the consolation there is.
(c) Consolation doubled.
(d) Consolation eased.
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise and the nuns.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) The men who castrated him.
(d) Heloise's father.
3. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(a) To survive.
4. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(b) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(c) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(d) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
5. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of her soul.
(b) The salvation of his soul.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The arrogance of their actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
2. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
3. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
4. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)