|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abelard study?
2. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Cremate him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Embalm him.
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
(b) His glory.
(c) His due.
5. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It destroyed him.
(b) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
(c) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(d) It was Fulbert's right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
2. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
5. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)