|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(c) St. Denis.
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How long his penance should last.
(b) How much she has served him.
(c) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
3. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
(a) It was an outrage against his humanity.
(b) It was Fulbert's right.
(c) It destroyed him.
(d) It was a reprisal for the evil he'd done.
4. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being harmed further.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being exiled.
(d) Going to hell.
5. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) Abelard alone.
(b) God alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
5. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)