|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His despair at his condition.
(d) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
2. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(b) That he did not care for her.
(c) That he was proud of what happened.
(d) That he wanted to hide.
3. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
(a) She pretends not to make a demand.
(b) She pretends to be happy where she is.
(c) She pretends to be miserable over Abelard's plight.
(d) She pretends to be optimistic about seeing Abelard again.
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) The basis of love.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) All the consolation there is.
(d) Consolation doubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
4. Why did Abelard originally send Heloise away?
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)