|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Mixed relief and sadness.
(c) Great sorrow.
(d) Outrage and despair.
2. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Canterbury.
(b) Anselm of Laon.
(c) William of Champeaux.
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He did not want to make her suffer.
(b) He thought their time together was over.
(c) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(d) He thought she could not love him now.
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) How long his penance should last.
(b) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(c) How much she has served him.
(d) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
5. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Sent her away.
(b) Taken up scriptural studies.
(c) Married her.
(d) Left philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Abelard born?
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
5. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)