|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
(b) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(c) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(d) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
2. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) All the consolation there is.
(b) Consolation doubled.
(c) The basis of love.
(d) Consolation eased.
3. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It sets the stage.
(b) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
2. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
3. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
4. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)