|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(c) To survive.
2. Why did Abelard's teacher come to dislike him?
(a) Because Abelard was heavily in debt to him.
(b) Because Abelard set out to disprove him.
(c) Because Abelard had an affair with a serving girl.
(d) Because Abelard was arrogant and disruptive.
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The power of virtuous men.
(b) The inevitability of justice.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) The inevitability of suffering.
4. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) The men who castrated him.
(b) Heloise and the nuns.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) Only Heloise.
5. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
(a) That it take place in secret.
(b) That it not take place for two years.
(c) That it take place immediately.
(d) That it be a large celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
2. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
3. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
4. Where did Abelard study?
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)