|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
(a) Whether he was prepared to take care of her.
(b) Whether his words were honest.
(c) What drew him to her.
(d) Whether he wanted her for himself or for another.
2. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Appalling and outrageous.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Moral and instructive.
(d) Sad and moving.
3. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Laon.
(c) William of Champeaux.
(d) Anselm of Canterbury.
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) How he is doing.
(b) When she will see him again.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) Why she has not heard from him.
5. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he wanted to hide.
(b) That he did not care for her.
(c) That he was proud of what happened.
(d) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
3. What condition did Abelard impose on his marriage with Heloise?
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
5. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)