|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Abelard born?
(a) Le Pallet.
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(d) St. Denis.
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise's father.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Only Heloise.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
4. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His absence from Heloise.
(d) His despair at his condition.
5. What did William of Champeaux do at the beginning of Abelard's career?
(a) Try to stop him.
(b) Furnish him with letters of recommendation.
(c) Encourage him.
(d) Loan him start-up money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
2. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
3. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
5. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)