|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bury him.
(b) Embalm him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Cremate him.
2. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Ordinary experience.
(d) His letter.
3. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Freedom from pain.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) Faith to see her through.
(d) To forget him.
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking for her forgiveness.
(b) Asking her for help.
(c) Asking her to pray for him.
(d) Asking for her whereabouts.
5. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) A friend.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
2. How did Abelard seduce Heloise?
3. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
4. What did Abelard feel about his castration?
5. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)