|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enables Abelard to return to Paris?
(a) William of Champeaux offered him his chair at the university.
(b) William of Champeaux invited him back.
(c) Anselm of Canterbury offered him his chair in the university.
(d) William of Champeaux's reputation was in decline.
2. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her for help.
(b) Asking for her whereabouts.
(c) Asking her to pray for him.
(d) Asking for her forgiveness.
3. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
(a) God alone.
(c) Abelard alone.
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(c) A letter.
(d) An apology.
5. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) The basis of love.
(b) Consolation eased.
(c) All the consolation there is.
(d) Consolation doubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
4. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
5. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)