|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The inevitability of justice.
(b) The inevitability of suffering.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) The power of virtuous men.
2. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) Consolation eased.
(b) The basis of love.
(c) All the consolation there is.
(d) Consolation doubled.
3. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Faith to see her through.
(b) To forget him.
(c) Freedom from pain.
(d) Never to forget.
4. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
2. In what way did Abelard establish his reputation and earn a following?
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
4. What was Abelard and Heloise's son named?
5. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)