Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 3, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(b) Gave it to his mother.
(c) Managed it together with his brothers.
(d) Gave it to the church.
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He did not want to make her suffer.
(b) He thought she could not love him now.
(c) He thought their time together was over.
(d) He wanted to put the past behind him.
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
(a) A letter.
(c) An apology.
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking for her whereabouts.
(b) Asking her for help.
(c) Asking for her forgiveness.
(d) Asking her to pray for him.
5. Who was Abelard's second enemy in the university system?
(a) Anselm of Laon.
(b) William of Champeaux.
(d) Anselm of Canterbury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
2. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
3. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
4. What does Heloise say she admires?
5. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)