|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
2. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
(a) Mixed relief and sadness.
(b) Great sorrow.
(d) Outrage and despair.
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought she could not love him now.
(b) He did not want to make her suffer.
(c) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(d) He thought their time together was over.
4. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
(a) Desire to educate her about man's wicked ways.
(b) Desire to share in suffering out of love.
(c) Desire to fill her soul with awe and desire for repentance.
(d) Desire for God's forgiveness.
5. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His superior.
(b) His inferior.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say men say about her?
2. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
3. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
4. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
5. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)