|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
(a) Left philosophy.
(b) Taken up scriptural studies.
(c) Married her.
(d) Sent her away.
3. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her abbot.
4. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(c) His physical pain.
(d) His despair at his condition.
5. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What her father can do for them.
(b) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(c) What he owes her.
(d) What she can do for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
2. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
3. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
4. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)