|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Cremate him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Embalm him.
2. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's devotion.
(b) Heloise's bitterness.
(c) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(d) Heloise's lustfulness.
4. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
(a) She says he will never be finished expiating his crime.
(b) She says he has paid the price with his castration.
(c) She says he should suffer until death.
(d) She says he is forgiven in her eyes and so should no longer suffer.
5. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
(a) The Kabala.
(b) Canon law.
(c) Convent conventions.
(d) The Old Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
2. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
4. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
5. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)