|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
(a) The pope.
(c) The abbot.
2. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
(a) The most wretched of women.
(b) The most hypocritical woman.
(c) The luckiest of women.
(d) The most irreligious woman.
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) The men who castrated him.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
4. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Enjoying their lovemaking.
(b) Falling in love before being married.
(c) Getting married in secret.
(d) Making love at the refectory.
5. What does Heloise say about herself?
(a) That she is a hypocrite.
(b) That she is chaste.
(c) That she is the most fortunate of women.
(d) That she is the most miserable of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
2. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
3. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
4. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)