|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
(a) By saying that she saw a letter her father was going to send to his henchmen.
(b) By saying that she saw a letter her father had written to the abbot.
(c) By saying that she saw a letter he had written to a friend.
(d) By saying that she saw a letter the abbot was going to send to Abelard.
2. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Moral and instructive.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Appalling and outrageous.
(d) Sad and moving.
3. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To declare his love for her.
(b) To describe the people at his monastery.
(c) To describe the authority due to one in her position.
(d) To describe his devotional practice.
4. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) The men who castrated him.
(b) Only Heloise.
(c) Heloise's father.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
5. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
2. What does Abelard say has increased in him recently?
3. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
4. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
5. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)