|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) God's will.
(b) Her father's permission to return home.
(c) Her father's forgiveness.
(d) His forgiveness.
2. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He defiled her soul.
(b) He lost his reverence for God.
(c) He betrayed her father's trust.
(d) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
3. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Faith to see her through.
(b) Never to forget.
(c) Freedom from pain.
(d) To forget him.
4. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) Consolation eased.
(b) The basis of love.
(c) All the consolation there is.
(d) Consolation doubled.
5. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
3. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
4. Why does Heloise argue for special dispensations?
5. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)