|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) Consolation doubled.
(b) The basis of love.
(c) All the consolation there is.
(d) Consolation eased.
2. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought their time together was over.
(b) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(c) He thought she could not love him now.
(d) He did not want to make her suffer.
3. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
(a) Convent conventions.
(b) The Kabala.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) Canon law.
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Rebelling against fate.
(b) Trying to see him.
(c) Doubting God's grace.
(d) Writing him with her complaints.
5. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Ordinary experience.
(c) His letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Heloise's feelings at losing Abelard?
2. What does Heloise say about herself?
3. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)