|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) Why she has not heard from him.
(b) When she will see him again.
(c) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
(d) How he is doing.
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The power of prayer.
(b) The inevitability of justice.
(c) The inevitability of suffering.
(d) The power of virtuous men.
3. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Sad and moving.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Moral and instructive.
(d) Appalling and outrageous.
4. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
(a) Hold her to a standard above herself.
(b) Be sensitive to her weakness.
(c) Ask her to recount her sufferings.
(d) Listen to the details of her feelings.
5. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His despair at his condition.
(b) His absence from Heloise.
(c) His physical pain.
(d) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
2. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
3. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
4. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
5. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)