|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Falling in love before being married.
(b) Enjoying their lovemaking.
(c) Getting married in secret.
(d) Making love at the refectory.
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(b) To survive.
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought she could not love him now.
(b) He did not want to make her suffer.
(c) He wanted to put the past behind him.
(d) He thought their time together was over.
4. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the people at his monastery.
(b) To declare his love for her.
(c) To describe his devotional practice.
(d) To describe the authority due to one in her position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say in Letter 6 that she cannot make herself do?
2. What does Heloise say men say about her?
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
4. What does Heloise say she has sought out for Abelard?
5. What does Heloise say about her burden?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)