|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
(a) The Kabala.
(b) Canon law.
(c) Convent conventions.
(d) The Old Testament.
2. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
(a) They vary from person to person.
(b) They are not reliable.
(c) They can be feigned.
(d) People can learn them from each other.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
4. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
(a) Send her away for her confinement.
(b) Marry in secret.
(c) Disguise her as a nun.
(d) Hide her from her parents.
5. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(b) Ordinary experience.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) His letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
2. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
3. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
4. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)