|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of his soul.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The salvation of her soul.
2. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
3. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
(c) Her abbot.
(d) Her father.
4. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Cruel fate.
(b) Malicious men.
(c) His sins.
(d) Original sin.
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To describe the authority due to one in her position.
(b) To describe the people at his monastery.
(c) To describe his devotional practice.
(d) To declare his love for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
2. What does Heloise say Abelard should not have done for her sake?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
4. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
5. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)