|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His despair at his condition.
(c) His physical pain.
(d) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
2. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Disappointing her.
(b) Feeling freed of her.
(c) Owing her a great debt.
(d) Avoiding contact with her.
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) Whether they ought to see each other again.
(b) What he owes her.
(c) What her father can do for them.
(d) What she can do for him.
4. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(c) St. Denis.
5. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(b) Irreligious sentiments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
2. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
3. What else does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
4. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
5. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)