|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(a) Further punishment.
(c) Begging for mercy.
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) God's will.
(b) Her father's permission to return home.
(c) Her father's forgiveness.
(d) His forgiveness.
3. What occasions Heloise's feelings about God?
(a) His patience with them in their blindness.
(b) His letting them sin in the first place.
(c) His punishing them after they atoned for their sin
(d) His allowing them to be blind to virtue.
4. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(a) Irreligious sentiments.
5. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She owes him an enormous debt.
(b) She has to redeem him.
(c) He has to redeem her.
(d) He owes her an enormous debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
3. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
4. For what is Heloise arguing in Letter 6?
5. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)