|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 6, what does Heloise ask Abelard to do for her?
(a) Write down the history of her misfortunes.
(b) Lay out acts of devotion for her to perform.
(c) Free her from the convent.
(d) Proscribe rules for her convent.
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
3. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His suffering.
(b) His devotion to God.
(c) His outrage.
(d) His love.
4. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
(a) What will constitute justice, in his situation.
(b) How much she has served him.
(c) Whether his sin was responsible for his suffering.
(d) How long his penance should last.
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) Her father's forgiveness.
(b) Her father's permission to return home.
(c) God's will.
(d) His forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
2. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
3. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
4. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
5. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)