|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does God look for virtue, according to Heloise?
(a) The heart.
(b) The conscience.
(c) A person's acts.
(d) The mind.
2. How does Heloise say that the thing that pleases God is manifested?
(a) In each according to his weakness.
(b) In each according to his talents.
(c) Differently in different people.
(d) The same in everyone.
3. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard NOT to do?
(a) Pray for her.
(b) Praise her.
(c) Write to her.
(d) Remember her.
4. How does Heloise describe her and Abelard's story?
(a) Sad and moving.
(b) Tragic and unbearable.
(c) Appalling and outrageous.
(d) Moral and instructive.
5. What should Abelard do in order to emulate the standard she sets for him?
(a) Listen to the details of her feelings.
(b) Ask her to recount her sufferings.
(c) Be sensitive to her weakness.
(d) Hold her to a standard above herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise beg Abelard to do?
3. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
4. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
5. How does Heloise describe herself to Abelard?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)