|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
(a) Memory of the pleasure of lovemaking.
(b) Delight in the sinfulness of fornication.
(c) Her knowledge of God's grace.
2. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) Canon law.
(c) The Kabala.
(d) Convent conventions.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of her soul.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
4. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) To tell her how the order of nuns began.
(b) To tell her how nuns should conduct themselves.
(c) To describe the reasons for her to go on being a nun.
(d) To forgive her.
5. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
2. In what way does Heloise pretend in her first letter to Abelard?
3. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
5. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)