|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her to pray for him.
(b) Asking her for help.
(c) Asking for her whereabouts.
(d) Asking for her forgiveness.
2. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
(a) How he is doing.
(b) When she will see him again.
(c) Why she has not heard from him.
(d) What he has done about rescuing her from the convent.
3. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Ordinary experience.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) His letter.
4. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his advances.
(b) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(c) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(d) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
5. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
(a) By failing to describe her as his wife.
(b) By asking her to intervene in his salvation.
(c) By writing to her at the convent.
(d) By writing with only grief and worry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
2. How does Heloise open her first letter to Abelard?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
4. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
5. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)