|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heloise describe Abelard's situation?
(a) She says he will never be finished expiating his crime.
(b) She says he is forgiven in her eyes and so should no longer suffer.
(c) She says he has paid the price with his castration.
(d) She says he should suffer until death.
2. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
(a) The nuns.
(b) His abbot.
(d) Her father.
3. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her enemy.
(b) As her deliverer.
(c) As her partner in guilt and grace.
(d) As her saint.
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) Her father's forgiveness.
(b) Her father's permission to return home.
(c) His forgiveness.
(d) God's will.
5. Who does Heloise say in Letter 6 Abelard should imitate?
(a) The abbot.
(c) The pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise doubt about Abelard?
2. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
3. What does Heloise ask Abelard in her first letter?
4. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)