|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heloise says that consolation shared is what?
(a) All the consolation there is.
(b) The basis of love.
(c) Consolation doubled.
(d) Consolation eased.
2. What does Heloise say is Abelard's relation with her now?
(a) She has to redeem him.
(b) She owes him an enormous debt.
(c) He has to redeem her.
(d) He owes her an enormous debt.
3. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Find him at his monastery.
(b) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(c) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(d) Whatever he asks.
4. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(b) He betrayed her father's trust.
(c) He lost his reverence for God.
(d) He defiled her soul.
5. What does Heloise say she admires?
(a) The debt Abelard took upon himself.
(b) The honesty with which Abelard followed philosophy.
(c) The things Abelard sacrificed to be with her.
(d) The courage Abelard showed by fighting for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
2. Who else does Heloise say was affected by Abelard's letter?
3. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
4. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)