|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
2. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(b) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(c) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(d) How she resisted his advances.
3. Where does Heloise find justification for what she asks Abelard in Letter 6?
(a) Convent practice.
(c) Papal dispensations.
(d) The Rule of the Saints.
4. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
(a) A German woman.
(b) A Chinese woman.
(c) An Ethiopian woman.
(d) An Italian woman.
5. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Falling in love before being married.
(b) Enjoying their lovemaking.
(c) Getting married in secret.
(d) Making love at the refectory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise ask Abelard in Letter 6?
2. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
3. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
4. Where does Heloise say her happiness will come from now?
5. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)