|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Whatever he asks.
(b) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(c) Find him at his monastery.
(d) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
2. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His love.
(b) His outrage.
(c) His suffering.
(d) His devotion to God.
3. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(a) Further punishment.
(b) Begging for mercy.
4. What is it that ultimately pleases God, according to Heloise?
5. Where is weakness taken into account, according to Heloise?
(a) The Kabala.
(b) Canon law.
(c) Convent conventions.
(d) The Old Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
2. What was the thing based on that Heloise asked Abelard to give her?
3. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
4. What does Heloise say are her feelings toward God?
5. What else does Heloise ask Abelard to think about?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)