|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say, in Letter 4, she cannot find?
2. In Letter 4, what does Heloise say her feelings are in response to Abelard's letter?
3. What provision does Heloise ask Abelard to include in what he makes for her?
(a) Special standards for the more devout nuns.
(b) Exclusions for nuns who do not follow the rules.
(c) Rewards for nuns who are the most devout.
(d) Exceptions for the old, young, and weak.
4. What does Heloise tell Abelard she will do for him?
(a) Repay her father's men for what they did.
(b) Repay him in love for what he has lost.
(c) Whatever he asks.
(d) Find him at his monastery.
5. What does Heloise say was her and Abelard's sin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise say about her burden?
2. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
3. Why aren't outward manifestations reliable in indicating devotion, according to Heloise?
4. What does Heloise say makes it impossible to endure Abelard's absence?
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)