|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 6, Heloise to Abelard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heloise say will prevent her from praying for Abelard?
(b) Irreligious sentiments.
2. What does Heloise remind Abelard of?
(a) How he resisted her requests to marry.
(b) How he was brave in the face of her father's disapproval.
(c) How she resisted his requests to marry.
(d) How she resisted his advances.
3. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Pray for her.
(b) Encourage her.
(c) Disappoint her.
(d) Enlighten her.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of her soul.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
5. Who does Heloise say commanded her to be a nun?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heloise demand from Abelard?
2. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
3. In what way does Heloise say Abelard disregarded custom?
4. What were the contents of the letter Heloise saw?
5. What does Heloise say she feels in Abelard's absence?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)