|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's bitterness.
(b) Heloise's devotion.
(c) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(d) Heloise's lustfulness.
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The inevitability of suffering.
(b) The power of virtuous men.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) The inevitability of justice.
3. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a superior.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As an inferior.
(d) As a teacher.
4. What does Abelard say in Letter 5 that he hopes to avoid?
(a) Further punishment.
(b) Begging for mercy.
5. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His absence from Heloise.
(b) His physical pain.
(c) His despair at his condition.
(d) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
2. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
4. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)