|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Going to hell.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Being harmed further.
(d) Being exiled.
2. What does Abelard say nuns should study?
3. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
(a) Purifying the mind.
(b) Concentrating the mind.
(c) Emptying the mind.
(d) Ascending to God.
4. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
5. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a superior.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As an inferior.
(d) As a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
2. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
3. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
4. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
5. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)