|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abelard define poverty?
(a) Lack of property.
(b) Refusal to own property.
(c) Wealth in divine possessions.
2. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her bitterness.
(b) Her devotion.
(c) Her lust.
(d) Her despair.
3. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking for her forgiveness.
(b) Asking her for help.
(c) Asking her to pray for him.
(d) Asking for her whereabouts.
4. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
(a) A family.
(b) A business.
(c) The government.
(d) An army.
5. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
(a) Marry in secret.
(b) Send her away for her confinement.
(c) Hide her from her parents.
(d) Disguise her as a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
2. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)