|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
2. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her to pray for him.
(b) Asking for her whereabouts.
(c) Asking for her forgiveness.
(d) Asking her for help.
3. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a superior.
(b) As an inferior.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As a lover.
4. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) God's relationship to man.
(b) The history of God and the church.
(c) The nature of God.
(d) The inner life.
5. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The arrogance of their actions.
(b) The salvation of her soul.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Letter 8, what does Abelard say women tend to stray toward?
2. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
3. What qualities must distinguish an Abbess, in Abelard's opinion?
4. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
5. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)