|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
(a) He thought their time together was over.
(b) He did not want to make her suffer.
(c) He thought she could not love him now.
(d) He wanted to put the past behind him.
2. How does Abelard define poverty?
(a) Lack of property.
(b) Wealth in divine possessions.
(c) Refusal to own property.
3. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
(b) Dependency on the world.
(c) Excess of sin.
(d) Excess of words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
2. How does Abelard describe wisdom in his Rule?
3. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
4. How are things distributed in poverty, according to Abelard?
5. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)