|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
(a) Heloise's father.
(b) The men who castrated him.
(c) Only Heloise.
(d) Heloise and the nuns.
2. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Making love at the refectory.
(b) Enjoying their lovemaking.
(c) Falling in love before being married.
(d) Getting married in secret.
3. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
(a) Point by point.
(b) In roundabout fashion.
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking for her whereabouts.
(b) Asking for her forgiveness.
(c) Asking her for help.
(d) Asking her to pray for him.
5. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) The salvation of his soul.
(b) The arrogance of their actions.
(c) Making things right with her father.
(d) The salvation of her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
2. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
3. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
4. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
5. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)