|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He defiled her soul.
(b) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(c) He lost his reverence for God.
(d) He betrayed her father's trust.
2. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
(a) A Chinese woman.
(b) An Italian woman.
(c) A German woman.
(d) An Ethiopian woman.
3. What does Abelard say nuns should study?
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Rebelling against fate.
(b) Trying to see him.
(c) Writing him with her complaints.
(d) Doubting God's grace.
5. How are things distributed in poverty, according to Abelard?
(a) According to deserving.
(b) According to power.
(c) According to right.
(d) According to need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
2. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
3. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
4. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
5. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)