|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
(a) Bringing the Messiah.
(b) Submitting to God.
(c) Giving lay people an example.
(d) Purifying the race of its spiritual flaws.
2. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
(a) That he felt he owed her a great debt.
(b) That he was proud of what happened.
(c) That he wanted to hide.
(d) That he did not care for her.
3. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
(b) In roundabout fashion.
(c) Point by point.
4. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(c) St. Denis.
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
2. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his action?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)