|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
(a) His despair at his condition.
(b) His absence from Heloise.
(c) His nostalgia for their lovemaking.
(d) His physical pain.
2. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
(a) His devotion to God.
(b) His love.
(c) His suffering.
(d) His outrage.
3. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Disappointing her.
(b) Avoiding contact with her.
(c) Owing her a great debt.
(d) Feeling freed of her.
4. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
(d) St. Denis.
5. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
(a) Making love at the refectory.
(b) Falling in love before being married.
(c) Getting married in secret.
(d) Enjoying their lovemaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualities must distinguish an Abbess, in Abelard's opinion?
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
4. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
5. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)