|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
(a) Because his conscience required he tell her.
(b) Because he felt she needed to know.
(c) Because she asked him to share his sorrow.
(d) Because he felt she shared his sin and ought to share his sorrow afterward.
2. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
3. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The history of God and the church.
(b) God's relationship to man.
(c) The inner life.
(d) The nature of God.
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking her for help.
(b) Asking for her forgiveness.
(c) Asking her to pray for him.
(d) Asking for her whereabouts.
5. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
(a) Excess of words.
(b) Dependency on the world.
(d) Excess of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
3. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)