|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her saint.
(b) As her partner in guilt and grace.
(c) As her deliverer.
(d) As her enemy.
2. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A portress.
(c) A cellaress.
(d) A wardrobe.
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's bitterness.
(b) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(c) Heloise's devotion.
(d) Heloise's lustfulness.
4. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being exiled.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Going to hell.
(d) Being harmed further.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say is the cause of his feeling?
2. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
3. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
4. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)