|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is continence, as mentioned in Letter 8?
2. In Letter 8, what does Abelard say women tend to stray toward?
(b) Sensual pleasures.
(c) Earthly distractions.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) Making things right with her father.
(b) The salvation of her soul.
(c) The arrogance of their actions.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
4. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being exiled.
(b) Being harmed further.
(c) Being killed.
(d) Going to hell.
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Cremate him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Embalm him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
2. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
3. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
4. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
5. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)