|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
(a) Making things right with her father.
(b) The salvation of her soul.
(c) The arrogance of their actions.
(d) The salvation of his soul.
2. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The nature of God.
(b) God's relationship to man.
(c) The history of God and the church.
(d) The inner life.
3. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being exiled.
(b) Being harmed further.
(c) Going to hell.
(d) Being killed.
4. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
5. How does Abelard describe wisdom in his Rule?
(a) Knowing yourself.
(b) Knowing your place.
(c) Keeping oneself pure.
(d) Holding your tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
2. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
3. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
4. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
5. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)