|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
(a) Because she asked him to share his sorrow.
(b) Because his conscience required he tell her.
(c) Because he felt she needed to know.
(d) Because he felt she shared his sin and ought to share his sorrow afterward.
2. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Encourage her.
(b) Enlighten her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Disappoint her.
3. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
4. In Letter 8, what does Abelard say women tend to stray toward?
(a) Earthly distractions.
(b) Sensual pleasures.
5. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her lust.
(b) Her despair.
(c) Her devotion.
(d) Her bitterness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should the practice of silence result in, according to Abelard?
2. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
3. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
4. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
5. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)