|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As an inferior.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As a teacher.
(d) As a superior.
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
(b) To survive.
3. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
(a) Because she asked him to share his sorrow.
(b) Because he felt she shared his sin and ought to share his sorrow afterward.
(c) Because his conscience required he tell her.
(d) Because he felt she needed to know.
4. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
(a) Desire to share in suffering out of love.
(b) Desire to fill her soul with awe and desire for repentance.
(c) Desire for God's forgiveness.
(d) Desire to educate her about man's wicked ways.
5. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
(a) Her childhood.
(c) His letter.
(d) Ordinary experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
2. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
3. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
4. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
5. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)