|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
(a) Different religions' monastic practices.
(b) Ancient practices.
(c) His monastery's practices.
2. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
(a) Her father's permission to return home.
(b) His forgiveness.
(c) God's will.
(d) Her father's forgiveness.
3. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
(a) Asking for her whereabouts.
(b) Asking her to pray for him.
(c) Asking for her forgiveness.
(d) Asking her for help.
4. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
(a) He defiled her soul.
(b) He forgot his duties as a teacher.
(c) He lost his reverence for God.
(d) He betrayed her father's trust.
5. What does Abelard say he will do to Heloise in Letter 5?
(a) Disappoint her.
(b) Encourage her.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Enlighten her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard affirm to Heloise?
2. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
3. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
4. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
5. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)