|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Letter 8, what does Abelard say women tend to stray toward?
(b) Sensual pleasures.
(d) Earthly distractions.
2. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her lust.
(b) Her bitterness.
(c) Her despair.
(d) Her devotion.
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to stop in the future?
(a) Doubting God's grace.
(b) Trying to see him.
(c) Writing him with her complaints.
(d) Rebelling against fate.
4. Why does Abelard say that Heloise deserves praise?
(a) Because of her kind letter to him.
(b) Because of her devotion to God.
(c) Because she disavows praise.
(d) Because she entered the convent.
5. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The history of God and the church.
(b) The inner life.
(c) God's relationship to man.
(d) The nature of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say was the consequence of his lust for Heloise?
2. How does Abelard say errors should be corrected?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard ask Heloise to accept?
4. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
5. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)