|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Feeling freed of her.
(b) Disappointing her.
(c) Avoiding contact with her.
(d) Owing her a great debt.
2. What does Abelard say nuns should study?
3. In Letter 5, what does Abelard say he is surprised by?
(a) Heloise's bitterness.
(b) Heloise's refusal to accept her situation.
(c) Heloise's devotion.
(d) Heloise's lustfulness.
4. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her despair.
(b) Her devotion.
(c) Her bitterness.
(d) Her lust.
5. What qualities must distinguish an Abbess, in Abelard's opinion?
(a) Lifelong chastity.
(b) Broad life experience.
(c) Learning and teaching.
(d) Management experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abelard say he filled Heloise with despair in his letter?
2. Where does Abelard ask Heloise to take his body if he dies?
3. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
4. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
5. What does Abelard say Heloise should focus on entirely?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)