|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
(a) Excess of sin.
(c) Dependency on the world.
(d) Excess of words.
2. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being exiled.
(b) Being killed.
(c) Going to hell.
(d) Being harmed further.
3. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) God's relationship to man.
(b) The nature of God.
(c) The history of God and the church.
(d) The inner life.
4. What does Abelard say Heloise became when she became his wife?
(a) His student.
(b) His superior.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His inferior.
5. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
(b) Ancient practices.
(c) His monastery's practices.
(d) Different religions' monastic practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
2. To what does Abelard refer her as proof of what he says?
3. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
4. What does Abelard say life becomes in poverty?
5. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)