|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abelard say he writes to Heloise?
(a) As a lover.
(b) As a superior.
(c) As an inferior.
(d) As a teacher.
2. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being exiled.
(b) Going to hell.
(c) Being harmed further.
(d) Being killed.
3. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her deliverer.
(b) As her partner in guilt and grace.
(c) As her enemy.
(d) As her saint.
4. Who does Abelard describe as an example of what he is talking about?
(a) A Chinese woman.
(b) An Ethiopian woman.
(c) A German woman.
(d) An Italian woman.
5. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her despair.
(b) Her bitterness.
(c) Her lust.
(d) Her devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
2. Which role is not mentioned by Abelard when he describes the roles necessary to run a convent?
3. What does Abelard make sure to say was NOT the case for his action?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. To what does Abelard return in his third letter to Heloise?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)