|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard say is a danger to Heloise's body?
(a) Her bitterness.
(b) Her lust.
(c) Her despair.
(d) Her devotion.
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The power of virtuous men.
(b) The inevitability of suffering.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) The inevitability of justice.
3. What should people focus on, according to Abelard in Letter 8?
(a) Bringing the Messiah.
(b) Purifying the race of its spiritual flaws.
(c) Submitting to God.
(d) Giving lay people an example.
4. What does Abelard admit to in Letter 3?
(a) Avoiding contact with her.
(b) Owing her a great debt.
(c) Feeling freed of her.
(d) Disappointing her.
5. What explanation does Abelard offer for his trials?
(a) Malicious men.
(b) His sins.
(c) Cruel fate.
(d) Original sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
2. How many nuns are needed to run a convent, according to Abelard?
3. How are things distributed in poverty, according to Abelard?
4. How does Abelard answer Heloise's second letter in Letter 5?
5. Whom does Abelard want to pray for him?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)