|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelard ask Heloise to do if he is killed?
(a) Cremate him.
(b) Embalm him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Bury him.
2. What does Abelard ask Heloise to consider?
(a) The inevitability of justice.
(b) The inevitability of suffering.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) The power of virtuous men.
3. How, in Letter 5, does Abelard say Heloise should see him now?
(a) As her saint.
(b) As her enemy.
(c) As her deliverer.
(d) As her partner in guilt and grace.
4. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
(a) The government.
(b) A family.
(c) An army.
(d) A business.
5. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelard say motivated him to tell Heloise the things that filled her with despair?
2. What does Abelard say he wants as an outcome of others' prayers?
3. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
4. What sin does Abelard remind Heloise of?
5. How does Abelard describe wisdom in his Rule?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)