One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter 8, Abelard to Heloise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Abelard ask Heloise to do pray for?
(a) Never to forget.
(b) To forget him.
(c) Freedom from pain.
(d) Faith to see her through.
2. Which is not a part of the Rule Abelard describes to Heloise in Letter 8?
(a) The life of poverty.
(b) The life of silence.
(c) The life of prayer.
(d) The life of continence.
3. What does Abelard remind Heloise he did when she was pregnant?
(a) Marry in secret.
(b) Send her away for her confinement.
(c) Disguise her as a nun.
(d) Hide her from her parents.
4. What should nuns primarily think about, according to Abelard?
(a) The history of God and the church.
(b) God's relationship to man.
(c) The inner life.
(d) The nature of God.
5. What does Abelard say he wants others' prayers to help him avoid?
(a) Being exiled.
(b) Going to hell.
(c) Being harmed further.
(d) Being killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Abelard compare a monastery when he says that someone has to be in charge?
2. For what does Abelard ask Heloise to pray?
3. What does Abelard rely on in providing a rule for the lives of the nuns at Paraclete?
4. What does Abelard say Heloise deserves?
5. What does Abelard say he is correcting with the life of silence?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)