Letter I, Historia Calamitatum, Abelard to a Friend, the Story of His Misfortunes
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) Heloise's father.
(c) A friend.
(d) His father.
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
(b) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It sets the stage.
3. Where was Abelard born?
(c) Le Pallet.
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His devotion.
(c) His love of women.
(d) His volatile personality.
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(b) Government work.
6. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to the church.
(b) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(c) Gave it to his mother.
(d) Managed it together with his brothers.
7. What was the status of Abelard's father?
8. Where did Abelard study?
This section contains 4,655 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)