Letter I, Historia Calamitatum, Abelard to a Friend, the Story of His Misfortunes
1. To whom did Abelard write the first letter?
(a) His father.
(b) A friend.
(c) Heloise's father.
2. What is the relationship between the first letter and the others?
(a) It sets the stage.
(b) It comments on the action that already unfolded in the remaining letters.
(c) It predicts what will come.
(d) It summarizes the action of the remaining letters.
3. Where was Abelard born?
(d) Le Pallet.
4. What aspects of his personality does Abelard attribute to his native region?
(a) His even temper.
(b) His volatile personality.
(c) His love of women.
(d) His devotion.
5. What was Abelard's father's plan for Abelard?
(c) Government work.
6. What did Abelard do with his inheritance?
(a) Gave it to his brother's eldest son.
(b) Gave it to his mother.
(c) Gave it to the church.
(d) Managed it together with his brothers.
7. What was the status of Abelard's father?
8. Where did Abelard study?
This section contains 4,655 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)