|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aubrey get information about Sethianism?
(d) Tom Pullings.
2. Where does Aubrey return in Chapter 5?
(a) To his country estate.
(b) To London.
(c) To Surprise.
(d) To Madrid.
3. To what rank has Babbington been promoted?
(b) Post Captain rank.
(c) Post Commander.
4. Why does Aubrey anchor Surprise in a deserted bay?
(a) To rest the men.
(b) To wait for some information being sent to him.
(c) To check out the ship.
(d) To talk about his plans.
5. How have the prizes taken on the shakedown tour helped Aubrey?
(a) He was able to pay off his fines.
(b) Made his wife quite being angry at him.
(c) Got him a new position on a bigger ship.
(d) Made him fabulously wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Joseph say Aubrey would have to do to have his desire come true?
2. How did the event Joseph organized turn out?
3. Why does Aubrey care what the men did to Surprise?
4. What does Maturin have that belongs to Diana?
5. Where does Aubrey get some saber cuts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Following Surprises first shakedown cruise when Maturin visits Sir Joseph, what does he find out about Wray and Ledward?
2. Why is Aubrey driven to succeed in taking Diane?
3. How many ships does Aubrey capture and what happens to him as soon as they are captured?
4. What happens while the crew struggle to free Diane? How is Aubrey injured?
5. What arrives at Aubrey's home when he returns from Surprises first shakedown cruise and what do he and Maturin discuss when Maturin comes over after seeing Sir Joseph?
6. What is the final outcome about the incident in question #31?
7. How does Maturin fix Aubrey and what does Aubrey say about the laudanum?
8. Where does Aubrey take Surprise when they set sail again following the first shakedown cruise?
9. What does Maturin tell Sir Joseph about Aubrey's circumstances and what Aubrey hopes?
10. How did the crew respond to Aubrey's orders concerning the incident in question #31?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)