|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maturin visit after going to the apothecary?
(a) His mother.
(b) Martin's house.
(c) Joseph Blaine.
(d) His brother.
2. How much laudanum does Maturin say he takes every day?
(a) Forty times the medicinal dose.
(b) He takes a medicinal dose six times a day.
(c) He takes a medicinal dose four times a day.
(d) Twenty times the medicinal dose.
3. With whom does Surprise rendezvous on the open sea?
(a) The blockade squadron.
(b) Two British privateers.
(c) The Leopard.
(d) The British southern fleet.
4. With whom did Diana leave England?
(a) Thruston Ragton.
(b) George Badderbash.
(c) Neville Cornwell.
(d) Gedymin Jagiello.
5. What is Sethianism?
(a) A type of philosophy.
(b) The science of navigating the stars.
(c) A new political party in England.
(d) A type of religious faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aubrey return in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Maturin want news about Diana?
3. What does Aubrey do about the incident in question #94?
4. What does Aubrey say every man must do for his next objective?
5. Where does Sir Joseph say Diana has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Babbington respond to Aubrey's request?
2. What does Maturin tell Sir Joseph about Aubrey's circumstances and what Aubrey hopes?
3. How is Aubrey greeted in England upon his return and what does Sir Joseph do for him?
4. Maturin and Martin discuss literature and what? What does Maturin insist about tragedy?
5. What does Maturin ask about Diana and what does Sir Joseph tell him?
6. Where does Aubrey take Surprise when they set sail again following the first shakedown cruise?
7. What type of injury does Aubrey have?
8. What does a government official say to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's response?
9. Following Surprises first shakedown cruise when Maturin visits Sir Joseph, what does he find out about Wray and Ledward?
10. What does Aubrey do about the crew's response in question #32?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)