|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Surprise go after finishing with Spartan?
2. What do Maturin and Aubrey discuss when Maturin comes to Aubrey's house?
(a) The ship Diane.
(b) Padeen's opium habit.
(c) Aubrey's wife.
(d) Maturin's wife.
3. Where does Aubrey get some saber cuts?
(a) On his chest.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his limbs.
(d) On his head.
4. What did Aubrey say about the laudanum Maturin gave him?
(a) It seemed to be too thin.
(b) It didn't help the pain.
(c) It tasted like brandy.
(d) It tasted like water.
5. Why does Martin take Padeen to the dentist?
(a) To have a filling done.
(b) To get a teeth cleaning.
(c) For an extraction.
(d) To get false teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Aubrey require from Babbington?
2. To what rank has Babbington been promoted?
3. Who attended the event Joseph organized?
4. What does Maturin insist is possible with tragic literature?
5. What does Padeen continue to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Babbington respond to Aubrey's request?
2. What does Maturin tell Sir Joseph about Aubrey's circumstances and what Aubrey hopes?
3. What happens while the crew struggle to free Diane? How is Aubrey injured?
4. What does Aubrey do about the crew's response in question #32?
5. What is Aubrey's plan for taking Diane?
6. What type of injury does Aubrey have?
7. How many ships does Aubrey capture and what happens to him as soon as they are captured?
8. What arrives at Aubrey's home when he returns from Surprises first shakedown cruise and what do he and Maturin discuss when Maturin comes over after seeing Sir Joseph?
9. What happens when the ship is finally freed?
10. What does a government official say to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's response?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)