|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the Surprise waiting to sail?
(b) Full moon.
(c) The ship's cook.
(d) The outgoing tide.
2. What type of people make up much of the residents in Shelmerston?
(a) Navy sailors.
(b) Smugglers and near pirates.
(d) Ship builders.
3. How do Aubrey and the crew feel about what Maturin gave him?
4. What type of cargo is the Azul carrying?
(a) A hold full of swords.
(b) A treasure of quicksilver.
(c) Coffee from South America.
(d) Chests of gold.
5. At what does Aubrey relentlessly practice the crew?
(a) Obeying orders instantly.
(b) Firing the guns.
(c) Rigging the sails.
(d) Boarding and rowing the small boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what type of work is Maturin known as an amateur?
2. What position did the two men in question #42 have in England?
3. What is the ship, Merlin, they encounter in Chapter 3?
4. What does Aubrey do after the encounter with Spartan and Merlin?
5. What does Maturin do for Padeen's pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final outcome of Aubrey's shakedown cruise?
2. What type of work does Maturin do and for what is he also known?
3. Where has Spartan stashed its prizes and why?
4. What do Maturin and Martin do after they join the ship's company and how does Aubrey feel there? What happens to encourage Aubrey?
5. How does Maturin feel about money? What does he obtain to help him and Aubrey with Surprise?
6. What is Aubrey going to do for money with Maturin? What is Maturin and Aubrey's relationship?
7. What does Maturin do and where does he do it right after he buys her?
8. What does Aubrey decide to do about Spartan and what does he do in order to carry out his plan?
9. What is Aubrey's situation at the beginning of THE LETTER OF MARQUE?
10. What alleviates Aubrey's concerns in question #17?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)