|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter Aubrey has from the Admiralty to Babbbington say?
(a) It tells Babbington to allow Aubrey into St. Martin's.
(b) It instructs Babbington to render Aubrey aid.
(c) It tells Babbington to arrest Aubrey.
(d) It puts Babbington in charge of the operation.
2. Who attended the event Joseph organized?
(a) The majority of the Admiralty.
(b) Influential persons and Aubrey.
(c) The city council.
(d) Aubrey's family and friends.
3. What other two ships does Aubrey grab that night besides Diane and the gunboats?
(a) Two sloops.
(b) Two cutters.
(c) Two battleships.
(d) Two merchant ships.
4. What does Aubrey do shortly after he renders his judgment on what was done to Surprise?
(a) Hires additional crew.
(b) Sets sail.
(c) Writes his wife.
(d) Goes home.
5. What has the men on Surprise who are interested in Sethianism done?
(a) Put on a symbolic mast head.
(b) Hung a new flag.
(c) Built an altar on deck.
(d) Marked the ship.
6. To what rank has Babbington been promoted?
(a) Post Captain rank.
(c) Post Commander.
7. Why does Maturin want news about Diana?
(a) She is a well known actress.
(b) She is Sir Joseph's wife.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his wife.
8. What does Padeen continue to do?
(a) Have teeth problems.
(b) Complain about his arm.
(c) Hurt himself when he fires a gun.
(d) Take laudanum daily.
9. Where do Surprise and her prizes go after leaving St. Martin's?
10. What will Surprise do according to the plans to capture Diane?
(a) Wait for Diane to leave harbor.
(b) Ram the gunboats protecting Diane.
(c) Fire on the battery as a distraction.
(d) Close with Diane with grappling hooks.
11. Why does Aubrey care what the men did to Surprise?
(a) It was ugly.
(b) It wasn't safe.
(c) It was in the way.
(d) She must maintain proper appearance.
12. What does Joseph organize when Aubrey returns?
(a) A ticker parade.
(b) A meeting with the Queen.
(c) A live band to play when they arrive.
(d) A small dinner party.
13. What is Maturin's relationship to the man in question #83?
(a) An enemy.
(b) His brother.
(c) He doesn't know the man.
(d) A friend.
14. What does Surprise do after she finishes with the task in question #121?
(a) Lowers her flag.
(b) Beds down for the night.
(c) Sneaks into shore.
(d) Moves towards the open sea.
15. What does Surprise do first to prepare for taking Diane?
(a) Blacks out her lights.
(b) Pulls anchor.
(c) The sailors muffle their boots.
(d) Lowers her sails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey hope his new situation will bring him?
2. What do Maturin and Martin do at an apothecary?
3. What does Maturin want to do with the answer to question #86?
4. What do the men do in the bay?
5. Why does Aubrey anchor Surprise in a deserted bay?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)