|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey intend to get Diane?
(a) They will tow her with ropes.
(b) They will capture the garrison and have her turned over to them.
(c) They will ruin her guns.
(d) British seamen will board her and take her away.
2. Why does Maturin want news about Diana?
(a) She is Sir Joseph's wife.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is a well known actress.
(d) She is his sister.
3. What do the men do in the bay?
(a) Practice and exercise.
(b) Go ashore and cut wood.
(c) Reconfigure the rigging.
(d) Sunbath and swim.
4. What do Maturin and Martin do at an apothecary?
(a) Get opium for Maturin.
(b) Report on new herbs they'd found.
(c) Try to sell their left over medical supplies.
(d) Replenish the ship's medicine chest.
5. What does cutting out mean as Aubrey uses the term?
(a) Culling the non-productive men from the crew.
(b) Dividing up the prizes equally.
(c) Sneaking into a harbor and stealing a ship.
(d) Cutting out too much work on deck.
6. What does Aubrey decide must be done?
(a) It can be put in the hold.
(b) The addition must be smaller.
(c) The addition must be covered, but can stay.
(d) The addition must be removed.
7. Where does Aubrey get information about Sethianism?
(c) Tom Pullings.
8. What has the men on Surprise who are interested in Sethianism done?
(a) Built an altar on deck.
(b) Hung a new flag.
(c) Put on a symbolic mast head.
(d) Marked the ship.
9. What happens to Diane after the event in question #124?
(a) Her prow gets entangled between two gunboats.
(b) The reef stops her from sinking.
(c) She is towed away from the land by Surprise.
(d) The fire on board is extinguished.
10. Who does Maturin visit after going to the apothecary?
(a) His brother.
(b) Joseph Blaine.
(c) Martin's house.
(d) His mother.
11. How much laudanum does Maturin say he takes every day?
(a) Forty times the medicinal dose.
(b) He takes a medicinal dose four times a day.
(c) He takes a medicinal dose six times a day.
(d) Twenty times the medicinal dose.
12. What does Aubrey do about the incident in question #94?
(a) Has the men who did it whipped.
(b) Fine the men who did it.
(c) Tells them to remove it.
(d) Fire the men who did it.
13. What kind of man does Maturin believe Jagiello to be?
(a) Honorable but weak willed.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) An honorable one.
(d) Greedy but honorable.
14. What other two ships does Aubrey grab that night besides Diane and the gunboats?
(a) Two sloops.
(b) Two cutters.
(c) Two battleships.
(d) Two merchant ships.
15. How is Maturin's laudanum being weakened?
(a) With water.
(b) With wine.
(c) With brandy.
(d) With whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Surprise go after finishing with Spartan?
2. What does Aubrey feel during the battle over Diane?
3. What does Maturin insist is possible with tragic literature?
4. Who came to speak to Aubrey after Joseph's event?
5. How does Babbbington feel about Aubrey's plan?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)