|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Maturin's laudanum being weakened?
(a) With water.
(b) With brandy.
(c) With wine.
(d) With whiskey.
2. Where does Aubrey get information about Sethianism?
(c) Tom Pullings.
3. What does Maturin have that belongs to Diana?
(a) Her carriage.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her enormous blue diamond.
(d) Her horse.
4. Why does Aubrey anchor Surprise in a deserted bay?
(a) To check out the ship.
(b) To wait for some information being sent to him.
(c) To rest the men.
(d) To talk about his plans.
5. What do Maturin and Aubrey discuss when Maturin comes to Aubrey's house?
(a) The ship Diane.
(b) Maturin's wife.
(c) Padeen's opium habit.
(d) Aubrey's wife.
6. What does Aubrey do when he returns to Surprise?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Plots their next course change.
(d) Waits for the right time.
7. What does Surprise do after she finishes with the task in question #121?
(a) Moves towards the open sea.
(b) Lowers her flag.
(c) Sneaks into shore.
(d) Beds down for the night.
8. What did Aubrey say about the laudanum Maturin gave him?
(a) It tasted like brandy.
(b) It didn't help the pain.
(c) It tasted like water.
(d) It seemed to be too thin.
9. What do Maturin and Martin do at an apothecary?
(a) Replenish the ship's medicine chest.
(b) Try to sell their left over medical supplies.
(c) Report on new herbs they'd found.
(d) Get opium for Maturin.
10. What do the men do in the bay?
(a) Go ashore and cut wood.
(b) Practice and exercise.
(c) Sunbath and swim.
(d) Reconfigure the rigging.
11. What does Sir Joseph tell Maturin he has that might help Aubrey?
(a) Intelligence about a French ship.
(b) Intelligence about the French fleet.
(c) Intelligence about a new country.
(d) The exact location of Wray and Ledward.
12. Why might Aubrey's decision be viewed as wrong by many people?
(a) He is being stubborn.
(b) It was arrogant.
(c) It was unpatriotic.
(d) It was idealistic, not practical.
13. Where does Surprise go after finishing with Spartan?
14. What is done on Babbington's ship before Aubrey returns to Surprise?
(a) He answers all questions and writes out orders.
(b) Aubrey inspects Babbinton's guns.
(c) The officers have dinner together.
(d) Maturin takes care of some surgery in sick bay.
15. What does Aubrey hope his new situation will bring him?
(a) Command of a fleet of merchant marines.
(c) An admiralty.
(d) The Queen's favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maturin want news about Diana?
2. What happens to Diane immediately after she is captured?
3. What does Sir Joseph say Aubrey would have to do to have his desire come true?
4. Who does Maturin visit after going to the apothecary?
5. With whom did Diana leave England?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)