|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the prizes that Spartan has captured?
(a) They are trailing Spartan by a day.
(b) In a harbor on the French coast.
(c) In a distant small port.
(d) They have been sent to England.
2. What happens when Maturin gets to the ship?
(a) They have a dinner.
(b) He gets high on opium.
(c) Aubrey scolds him.
(d) They set sail.
3. Who is captaining Tartarus?
(a) William Babbington.
(b) John Sutton.
(c) Charles Worthington.
(d) Regis Nounce.
4. How many prizes did Spartan capture?
5. What type of ship is Merlin?
(a) A cutter.
(b) A gun ship.
(c) A frigate.
(d) A sloop.
6. What is done to Surprise in Shelmerston?
(c) Filled with cargo.
7. What kind of work does Maturin do pro bono for the British Naval Intelligence service?
(a) Intelligence officer.
(b) Biochemical warfare with plants.
(c) Spy against Spain.
8. What kind of addiction does Maturin have?
(c) Peyote seeds.
9. Why is the ship Surprise available for purchase?
(a) It has been wrecked.
(b) It has been sold out of the navy.
(c) The captain has died.
(d) It is too old to sail.
10. What position did the two men in question #42 have in England?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Intelligence officers.
(d) Minor Lords.
11. What is a major thing that was talked about at the dinner?
(a) Why Spain threw in with France.
(b) The French and the war.
(c) What a great ship Surprise was.
(d) Hot-air balloons.
12. What happens to Padeen's hand?
(a) It is bit by a rat.
(b) It is cut off when caught between two ropes.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It is injured and burned.
13. How do Aubrey and the crew feel about what Maturin gave him?
14. On what is the Surprise waiting to sail?
(b) Full moon.
(c) The outgoing tide.
(d) The ship's cook.
15. What seems to help weld the crew together?
(a) Singing while they work.
(b) The danger and hard work.
(c) Eating meals together.
(d) Playing dice and cards in their off time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Aubrey's situation be corrected?
2. Why are the two men from question # 42 not in England?
3. What has Maturin obtained that will enable him to use the Surprise?
4. What does Maturin do for Padeen's pain?
5. Why is Aubrey reticent at the gathering?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)