|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Maturin believe Jagiello to be?
(a) Honorable but weak willed.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) Greedy but honorable.
(d) An honorable one.
2. Why does the ship from question #38 close with Surprise?
(a) To offer trade goods.
(b) To keep them from the Spanish peninsula.
(c) To press hands from her.
(d) To capture them for the French navy.
3. What kind of work does Maturin do pro bono for the British Naval Intelligence service?
(a) Intelligence officer.
(c) Spy against Spain.
(d) Biochemical warfare with plants.
4. Why does Maturin have to get laudanum at an apothecary in Stockholm?
(a) He broke his bottle.
(b) The harbor custom officials confiscated his bottle.
(c) He forgot to bring some with him.
(d) He took his last dose shortly after arriving in Stockholm.
5. How did the event Joseph organized turn out?
(a) A riot was started.
(b) Tedious but successful.
(c) Aubrey fell asleep from too much laudanum.
(d) It was boring and most people left early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aubrey pass out?
2. What rank does Aubrey's father hold?
3. Why does Maturin have a past connection to Leopard?
4. What does Sir Joseph say Aubrey would have to do to have his desire come true?
5. Why did West receive a court martial?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)