|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maturin visit after going to the apothecary?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) Joseph Blaine.
(d) Martin's house.
2. What has the men on Surprise who are interested in Sethianism done?
(a) Built an altar on deck.
(b) Hung a new flag.
(c) Marked the ship.
(d) Put on a symbolic mast head.
3. Why is Aubrey reticent at the gathering?
(a) He has too much to drink.
(b) He has a sore throat.
(c) He is afraid of unintended insult.
(d) He is depressed.
4. What does Maturin insist is possible with tragic literature?
(a) A lucky protagonist.
(b) No romance involved.
(c) A happy end.
(d) Some comedy.
5. What does cutting out mean as Aubrey uses the term?
(a) Culling the non-productive men from the crew.
(b) Cutting out too much work on deck.
(c) Dividing up the prizes equally.
(d) Sneaking into a harbor and stealing a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a major thing that was talked about at the dinner?
2. How much money does Aubrey have at the beginning of the book?
3. What position did the two men in question #42 have in England?
4. What does Maturin believe the two men from question #42 have in the British government?
5. How does Aubrey feel about the crew's ability to work together?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)