|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does THE LETTER OF MARQUE take place?
2. Where are the prizes that Spartan has captured?
(a) They are trailing Spartan by a day.
(b) In a harbor on the French coast.
(c) They have been sent to England.
(d) In a distant small port.
3. How were the men timed when laying about?
(a) Hour glass.
(b) Stop watch.
(c) A log-glass.
(d) Pocket watch.
4. What ship closes with Surprise after a few days out in Chapter 2?
(a) An American merchant ship.
(b) A Royal Navy frigate.
(c) A Spanish warship.
(d) A French battleship.
5. What type of cargo is the Azul carrying?
(a) A treasure of quicksilver.
(b) A hold full of swords.
(c) Chests of gold.
(d) Coffee from South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what type of work is Maturin known as an amateur?
2. Why do Aubrey's plans to capture Spartan go awry?
3. How do Aubrey and the crew feel about what Maturin gave him?
4. Where are the people on Merlin who are not the crew being taken?
5. Why does Aubrey think work is done better by privately-funded operations than the government?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)