|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is captaining Tartarus?
(a) William Babbington.
(b) Charles Worthington.
(c) John Sutton.
(d) Regis Nounce.
2. In what year does THE LETTER OF MARQUE take place?
3. What does the letter Aubrey has from the Admiralty to Babbbington say?
(a) It instructs Babbington to render Aubrey aid.
(b) It tells Babbington to allow Aubrey into St. Martin's.
(c) It puts Babbington in charge of the operation.
(d) It tells Babbington to arrest Aubrey.
4. With whom does Surprise rendezvous on the open sea?
(a) The British southern fleet.
(b) The Leopard.
(c) The blockade squadron.
(d) Two British privateers.
5. How does Leopard appear to Maturin?
(a) About the same as the last time he saw her.
(b) Deteriorated and slovenly.
(c) A little more worn but in fine shape as the last time he saw her.
(d) Newly refitted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Babbbington feel about Aubrey's plan?
2. What ship closes with Surprise after a few days out in Chapter 2?
3. Why was the item from question #89 sent to Aubrey?
4. How might Aubrey's situation be corrected?
5. What does Maturin believe the two men from question #42 have in the British government?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)