|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey care what the men did to Surprise?
(a) It wasn't safe.
(b) It was ugly.
(c) She must maintain proper appearance.
(d) It was in the way.
2. Why is Aubrey reticent at the gathering?
(a) He has a sore throat.
(b) He has too much to drink.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is afraid of unintended insult.
3. How does Aubrey feel about his new situation?
4. Why does Maturin walk to town?
(a) It's only a half mile from the docks.
(b) For the exercise.
(c) To save money.
(d) He doesn't have a horse.
5. At what does Aubrey relentlessly practice the crew?
(a) Obeying orders instantly.
(b) Boarding and rowing the small boats.
(c) Firing the guns.
(d) Rigging the sails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Maturin do pro bono for the British Naval Intelligence service?
2. What does Maturin want to do with the answer to question #86?
3. What has the men on Surprise who are interested in Sethianism done?
4. What arrives at Aubrey's home in Chapter 4?
5. What is Sethianism?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)