|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did the two men in question #42 have in England?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Intelligence officers.
(c) Minor Lords.
2. Why is the ship Surprise available for purchase?
(a) It is too old to sail.
(b) It has been sold out of the navy.
(c) It has been wrecked.
(d) The captain has died.
3. What does Maturin ask Nathaniel to do?
(a) Keep his plants for him.
(b) Send a letter to Maturin's wife.
(c) Come and look at a strange bird.
(d) Act as surgeon's mate on Surprise.
4. Why does Martin take Padeen to the dentist?
(a) To get a teeth cleaning.
(b) To get false teeth.
(c) To have a filling done.
(d) For an extraction.
5. How much laudanum does Maturin say he takes every day?
(a) Forty times the medicinal dose.
(b) Twenty times the medicinal dose.
(c) He takes a medicinal dose six times a day.
(d) He takes a medicinal dose four times a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other medical problem does Padeen develop?
2. What arrives at Aubrey's home in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of addiction does Maturin have?
4. Where are the two men from question #42 living now?
5. What do the Sethians do at the mention of the name Seth?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)