1. In what year does THE LETTER OF MARQUE take place?
2. What war is going on when THE LETTER OF MARQUE takes place?
(a) The One Hundred Years War.
(b) American Revolutionary War.
(c) The War of the Roses.
(d) Napoleonic Wars.
3. Why is Aubrey no longer in the Royal Navy?
(a) Conviction of financial impropriety.
(b) He was mustered out on a medical discharge.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He received a hardship discharge.
4. How much money does Aubrey have at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has just enough for retirement.
(b) He is very wealthy.
(c) He is penniless.
(d) He is middle class.
5. How does Aubrey feel about his new situation?
6. Why is the ship Surprise available for purchase?
(a) The captain has died.
(b) It is too old to sail.
(c) It has been sold out of the navy.
(d) It has been wrecked.
7. In what capacity does Maturin generally sail?
(a) First mate.
(b) Ship's surgeon.
(c) Ship's cook.
(d) Captain's stewart.
This section contains 4,465 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)