Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
Essay Topic 1
Pirrone is an interesting character because his views oppose the Prince's views, yet he is still considered a person that the Salina family goes to for advice and consultation. Describe in detail the purpose of Pirrone in the story along with his opinions about the revolution and the aristocracy in general. Also, explain what happens to his own family that causes him to use tactics that are uncharacteristic for him, and why the situations he is dealing with are changing his opinions on aristocracy and peasantry. Include several examples from the book to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Tancredi and Angelica's wedding is one of the main focuses of the Prince as it becomes the source of conflict between accepting change and resisting it.
1) Describe the advantages that the Prince will have as a result of the marriage of Tancredi and Angelica.
2) Explain what the negative aspects of the marriage could be for the Prince and his family's legacy.
3) Analyze how Tancredi and Angelica's marriage represents an example of the book's main theme of change and why the Prince is conflicted on whether or not to support the event.
Essay Topic 3
Irony and foreshadowing are two of the many literary techniques used by the author in writing The Leopard.
1) Describe 3 examples of foreshadowing in the book and how they represent the main theme.
2) Describe 3 examples of irony in the book and the significance of the characters and places for each one.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)