Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
The stars represent an unchanging reality for the Prince that he looks to for comfort and reassurance.
1) Describe the appearances by the stars in the novel and the events that they correspond to.
2) Explain how the stars relate to the main theme of the story and the balance they provide to the change taking place.
3) Describe the role of the stars in the Prince's death and why their presence allows him to accept one of the biggest changes of his life.
In The Leopard, the author makes two significant analogies using situations that are indicative of the time in which the novel was written. Describe the analogies and the situations they are designed to illustrate. Also, explain why the author chooses to reference things from the future instead of using universal events that correspond to what the characters are experiencing. Include an analysis of the effectiveness of this technique and what it adds or takes away from the novel from a literary standpoint.
Analyze the significance of the Prince's speech in Chapter 4 both politically and culturally. Include a description of the speech itself, the events leading up to it, and why he chooses this point in the story to give the longest explanation of his views. Also, discuss the way the Prince incorporates the people of Sicily in his opinions of aristocracy and the likeliness that all Sicilians would agree with his bold statements.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)