|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the cities of Palermo and Donnafugata. Describe each town and its citizens as well as the Prince's position in them. Also, include examples of the effects that the revolution has on both cities, and the differences or similarities they have with the way the Prince changes.
Essay Topic 2
The Leopard is set in Sicily during the late 1800s and early 1900s. Analyze the way the author combines actual historical events (Garibaldi's revolution, the Plebiscite of Unification, etc.) with fictional characters and situations to create an effective backdrop for the main themes of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Although marriage is a central topic for the plot of the story, there seems to be a number of mixed messages being sent by the author regarding the value or end results of it. Describe the different marriages that are depicted in the book and compare them to each other. Include an explanation of which marriages, if any, are the most successful, which ones are the most relevant to the main point of the novel, and what statement the author might be trying to make about marriage in general.
This section contains 1,808 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)