Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
Concetta is the final representative of the Salina family name at the end of the novel as she thematically lets go of the past and accepts the changes in her life.
1) Describe how Concetta's character has developed from the beginning of the story to the ending of it. Include examples of how some of the other main characters perceived her, along with which perceptions of her changed and why.
2) Compare the Prince and Concetta in how they both approach the changes in their lives.
3) Analyze the statement that Concetta is making at the end of The Leopard and the possible effects it could have on the future of the Salina family.
The grand ball in Chapter 6 is the setting for many crucial turning points of the story.
1) Describe the ball and the guests that attend it, including the main purpose for the event, and whether or not that purpose is achieved.
2) Explain the Prince's state of mind before, during, and after the ball, as well as the characters and events that influence it.
3) Analyze the possible interpretations of the painting that the Prince sees in the library along with how they relate to the Prince's life at this point in the novel.
Compare and contrast the cities of Palermo and Donnafugata. Describe each town and its citizens as well as the Prince's position in them. Also, include examples of the effects that the revolution has on both cities, and the differences or similarities they have with the way the Prince changes.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)