Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Ciccio's theory about money and the way people view Calogero. Also, describe the Prince's opinion of money and its place in the aristocracy. Use the book to provide examples of how the issues of the characters can be applied to a more general sense of the role money plays in society.
Essay Topic 2
Irony and foreshadowing are two of the many literary techniques used by the author in writing The Leopard.
1) Describe 3 examples of foreshadowing in the book and how they represent the main theme.
2) Describe 3 examples of irony in the book and the significance of the characters and places for each one.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of the Prince's speech in Chapter 4 both politically and culturally. Include a description of the speech itself, the events leading up to it, and why he chooses this point in the story to give the longest explanation of his views. Also, discuss the way the Prince incorporates the people of Sicily in his opinions of aristocracy and the likeliness that all Sicilians would agree with his bold statements.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)