|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
(a) Boring and disappointing.
(b) Disappointing, but not boring.
(c) Boring, but not disappointing.
(d) Exactly as he hoped it would be.
2. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(b) He is driven in a carriage.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides a horse.
3. How does the Princess pass away?
(a) An accident.
(b) Old age.
4. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
5. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(b) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(c) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(d) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
2. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
3. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
4. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
5. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
2. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
3. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
4. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
5. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
6. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
7. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
8. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
9. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
10. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)