|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(a) Preventing bribery.
(c) Creating new laws.
(d) Monitoring the government.
2. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is a mild success.
(b) Her appearance is a huge success.
(c) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(d) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
3. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Prince.
4. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The death of Donna Rosa.
(b) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(c) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(d) The sisters could no longer afford them.
5. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(a) No one.
(c) The Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
2. How does the Princess pass away?
3. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
4. Who is Concetta's son named after?
5. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
2. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
3. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
4. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
5. How does the tone of the book change in Chapter 8, Part 1?
6. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
7. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
8. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
9. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
10. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)