|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A visit to a friend's house.
(b) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(c) A routine visit to a doctor.
(d) A walk in the garden.
2. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
(b) They might be stolen.
(c) They might not be authentic.
(d) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
3. Why is a leopard represented in each of the palace's rooms?
(a) It is the Prince's favorite animal.
(b) It is the first animal ever captured by the family's ancestors.
(c) It is the Princess' favorite animal.
(d) It is the family's insignia.
4. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
(a) Informed them of the location of relics.
(b) Produced relics for them.
(c) Advised them on what relics to collect.
(d) Sold relics for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
2. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
3. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
4. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
5. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events have taken place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7?
2. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
3. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
4. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
5. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
6. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
7. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
8. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
9. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
10. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)