|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is gloomy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is anxious.
2. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
(a) Disappointing, but not boring.
(b) Boring, but not disappointing.
(c) Exactly as he hoped it would be.
(d) Boring and disappointing.
3. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the villa estate.
4. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Four in the morning.
(b) Eight in the morning.
(c) Six in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
5. How does Paolo die?
(a) He dies from a severe fever.
(b) He is thrown from a horse.
(c) He dies from an unknown illness.
(d) He falls from a roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
2. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
3. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
5. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
2. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
3. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
4. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
5. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
6. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
7. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
8. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
9. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
10. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)