|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' money.
(b) The Sicilians' misery.
(c) The Sicilians' world status.
(d) The Sicilians' traditions.
2. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(a) Creating new laws.
(b) Monitoring the government.
(d) Preventing bribery.
3. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With permission.
(b) With caution.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disrespect.
4. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(a) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(b) Much better than the Prince.
(c) Much worse than the Prince.
5. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) July of 1885.
(b) April of 1875.
(c) June of 1895.
(d) November of 1905.
Short Answer Questions
1. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
2. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
3. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
4. Who is Concetta's son named after?
5. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
2. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
3. What is interesting about the way Pirrone's mother responds to his speech?
4. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
5. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
6. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
7. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
8. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
9. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
10. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)