|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
(b) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
(c) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(d) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
2. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
(a) Harsh reality.
(b) Unattainable goals.
(c) A life deserving of sympathy.
(d) A fabricated life.
3. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With caution.
(b) With permission.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disrespect.
4. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
(b) They might not be authentic.
(c) They might be stolen.
(d) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
5. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
(a) Informed them of the location of relics.
(b) Sold relics for them.
(c) Advised them on what relics to collect.
(d) Produced relics for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pirrone die?
2. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
3. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
5. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
2. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
3. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
4. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
5. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
6. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
7. What is interesting about the way Pirrone's mother responds to his speech?
8. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
9. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
10. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)