|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Neither will listen to the other.
(d) Neither will look at the other.
2. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
3. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(a) Creating new laws.
(b) Preventing bribery.
(c) Monitoring the government.
4. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
5. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
(a) Some people are not happy to see him, but most are.
(b) Some people are happy to see him, but most are not.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
2. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
3. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
4. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
5. How does Pirrone die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
2. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
3. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
4. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
5. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
6. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
7. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
8. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
9. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
10. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)