|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
3. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(b) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(d) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
4. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
(a) All that is good and noble.
(b) All that is fair and unpredictable.
(c) Wealth and sophistication.
(d) Confidence and intelligence.
5. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(b) He is driven in a carriage.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
2. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
3. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
4. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
5. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
2. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
3. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
4. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
5. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
6. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
7. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
8. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
9. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
10. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)