|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(a) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
2. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
(a) A fabricated life.
(b) Unattainable goals.
(c) A life deserving of sympathy.
(d) Harsh reality.
3. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(a) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(c) Much better than the Prince.
(d) Much worse than the Prince.
4. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
5. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(b) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(c) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(d) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
2. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
3. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
4. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
2. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
3. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
4. What is interesting about the way Pirrone's mother responds to his speech?
5. Why do Ciccio and the Prince disagree on the pending marriage?
6. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
7. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
8. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
9. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
10. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)