|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason the Prince is chosen to sit as a member of the Senate?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His aristocratic background.
(c) The marriage of Tancredi and Angelica.
(d) Tancredi's position in the army.
2. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
3. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
(a) He declines.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He does not hear her invitation.
(d) He ignores her invitation.
4. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
5. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(b) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(d) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
2. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
3. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
4. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
5. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
2. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
3. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
4. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
5. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
6. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
7. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
8. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
9. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
10. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)