|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' traditions.
(b) The Sicilians' misery.
(c) The Sicilians' money.
(d) The Sicilians' world status.
2. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is very receptive to them.
(b) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(c) She is slightly receptive to them.
(d) She is not receptive to them.
3. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
4. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
(b) Some people are not happy to see him, but most are.
(c) Some people are happy to see him, but most are not.
5. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
2. When does Chapter 7 take place?
3. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
4. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
5. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
2. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
3. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
4. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
5. What events have taken place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7?
6. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
7. Why do Ciccio and the Prince disagree on the pending marriage?
8. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
9. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
10. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)