|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
(a) He ignores her invitation.
(b) He does not hear her invitation.
(c) He declines.
(d) He accepts.
2. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(b) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(d) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
3. What will make Sarina's situation more difficult for Pirrone?
(a) The feud between himself, his father, and his uncle.
(b) The feud between his father and uncle.
(c) The feud between himself and his father.
(d) The feud between himself and his uncle.
4. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
5. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(b) Much better than the Prince.
(c) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(d) Much worse than the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pirrone die?
2. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
3. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
5. Who is Concetta's son named after?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the tone of the book change in Chapter 8, Part 1?
2. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
3. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
4. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
5. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
6. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
7. What events have taken place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7?
8. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
9. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
10. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)