|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(b) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(c) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
(d) Like sands through the hourglass.
2. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
(a) The new king.
(b) A newly formed rebellion.
(d) The people.
3. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
4. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
(a) The town's dislike for her.
(b) The town's appreciation for her.
(c) Her family's coarseness.
(d) Her family's intelligence.
5. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(b) Monitoring the government.
(c) Creating new laws.
(d) Preventing bribery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
2. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
3. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
4. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
5. What will make Sarina's situation more difficult for Pirrone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
2. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
3. How does the tone of the book change in Chapter 8, Part 1?
4. What is interesting about the way Pirrone's mother responds to his speech?
5. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
6. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
7. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
8. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
9. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
10. What events have taken place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)