|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
(a) Advised them on what relics to collect.
(b) Informed them of the location of relics.
(c) Produced relics for them.
(d) Sold relics for them.
2. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' money.
(b) The Sicilians' misery.
(c) The Sicilians' traditions.
(d) The Sicilians' world status.
3. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
(a) New, but not rejuvenated.
(b) New and rejuvenated.
(c) Old and tired.
(d) Old, but not tired.
4. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Eight in the morning.
(b) Six in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
5. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The benefits of being wealthy.
(b) The value in better grooming.
(c) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(d) The value in saving money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
2. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
3. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
4. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
5. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
2. Why do Ciccio and the Prince disagree on the pending marriage?
3. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
4. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
5. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
6. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
7. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
8. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
9. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
10. What events have taken place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)