|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' world status.
(b) The Sicilians' traditions.
(c) The Sicilians' misery.
(d) The Sicilians' money.
2. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the villa estate.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
3. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(b) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(d) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
4. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
(a) He ignores her invitation.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He declines.
(d) He does not hear her invitation.
5. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
(a) They have left.
(b) They have fallen asleep.
(c) They have ignored it.
(d) They have been attentive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
2. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
3. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
4. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
5. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
2. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
3. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
4. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
5. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
6. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
7. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
8. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
9. What events have taken place between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7?
10. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)