|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
2. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
(a) The town's appreciation for her.
(b) Her family's coarseness.
(c) The town's dislike for her.
(d) Her family's intelligence.
3. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(b) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(c) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(d) The lack of windows in the chapel.
4. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The death of Donna Rosa.
(b) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(c) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(d) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
5. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in saving money.
(b) The value in better grooming.
(c) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(d) The benefits of being wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
2. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
3. How does the Princess pass away?
4. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
5. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
2. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
3. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
4. Why do Ciccio and the Prince disagree on the pending marriage?
5. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
6. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
7. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
8. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
9. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
10. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)