|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(a) Decaying mementos.
(c) Aged letters.
2. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is upset.
3. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Sixty three years.
(b) Eighty three years.
(c) Ninety three years.
(d) Seventy three years.
4. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
(a) A newly formed rebellion.
(c) The people.
(d) The new king.
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
2. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
3. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
4. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
5. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
2. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
3. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
4. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
5. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
6. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
7. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
8. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
9. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
10. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)