|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
(a) The Prince.
(c) The Princess.
2. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
3. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
(a) Old and tired.
(b) Old, but not tired.
(c) New and rejuvenated.
(d) New, but not rejuvenated.
4. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(b) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(d) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
5. Who is Concetta's son named after?
(a) A friend of his grandfather's.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A friend of his father's.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
2. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
3. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
4. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
5. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
2. Who is Chevalley and what offer does he have for the Prince?
3. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
4. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
5. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
6. What is interesting about the way Pirrone's mother responds to his speech?
7. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
8. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
9. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
10. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)