|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Injust Man.
(b) Death of the Just Man.
(c) Death of the Innocent Man.
(d) Death of the Flawed Man.
2. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
(a) All that is good and noble.
(b) Wealth and sophistication.
(c) Confidence and intelligence.
(d) All that is fair and unpredictable.
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(b) Neither will look at the other.
(c) Neither will listen to the other.
4. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
(a) The loss of the Salina family's estate.
(b) The destruction of the Salina family's prestige.
(c) The loss of the Salina family's fortune.
(d) The destruction of the Salina family's estate.
5. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is anxious.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is gloomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
2. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
3. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
4. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
5. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
2. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
3. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
4. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
5. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
6. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
7. Why do Ciccio and the Prince disagree on the pending marriage?
8. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
9. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
10. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)