|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
2. How long did it take the Salina sisters to acquire each relic?
(a) One to two months.
(b) One to two days.
(c) One to two years.
(d) One to two weeks.
3. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(b) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(c) Her appearance is a huge success.
(d) Her appearance is a mild success.
4. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are fascinated.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They are disgusted.
5. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The benefits of being wealthy.
(b) The value in better grooming.
(c) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(d) The value in saving money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
2. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
3. How does Paolo die?
4. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
5. When does Chapter 7 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ciccio's theory about why the town dislikes Calogero?
2. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
3. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
4. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
5. How has the Prince's view of Concetta changed as he approaches the end of his life?
6. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
7. What is the Prince's state of mind at the ball in Chapter 6?
8. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
9. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
10. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)