|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
(a) They have fallen asleep.
(b) They have been attentive.
(c) They have ignored it.
(d) They have left.
2. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(c) The Princess.
(d) No one.
3. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(b) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(c) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(d) The death of Donna Rosa.
4. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
5. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Eight in the morning.
(b) Six in the morning.
(c) Four in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
2. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
3. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
4. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
5. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
2. Who is Donna Rosa and why is her association with the Salina sisters under investigation?
3. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
4. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
5. Where does the Prince go to escape the ball and what painting does he see there?
6. Why do Ciccio and the Prince disagree on the pending marriage?
7. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
8. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
9. What happens while the Prince is dancing with Angelica at the ball?
10. How are the three Salina sisters described in Chapter 8?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)