|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
(a) Sword fighting.
2. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Taking a bath.
3. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He clawed his way to death.
(c) He was killed by the Prince.
(d) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
4. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Fallen in with bad company.
(b) Lost half of his money.
(c) Betrayed his family.
(d) Lost all of his money.
5. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
2. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
3. Who is Paolo?
4. How does Concetta respond to Angelica at the dinner?
5. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
2. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
3. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
4. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
5. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
6. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
7. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
8. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
9. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
10. How is the Prince compromising parts of his life, and what analogy is made for his situation in Chapter 3, Part 1?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)