|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching a waterfall.
(b) Watching his dog.
(c) Talking with a servant.
(d) Talking with a relative.
2. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He was killed by the Prince.
(b) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(c) He clawed his way to death.
(d) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
3. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
(a) All of them.
(b) Some of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) None of them.
4. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(c) Casa Rabbito.
(d) Casa Veninata.
5. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(b) He is talkative.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the desk of the Prince like?
2. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
3. How often does Angelica visit?
4. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
5. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
2. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
3. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
4. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
5. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
6. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
7. What is interesting about the way the Prince and Tancredi react to Angelica at the dinner?
8. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
9. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
10. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)