|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Move farther away from the city.
(b) Propose to Concetta.
(c) Propose to Angelica.
(d) Move closer to the Prince.
2. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty and her money.
(c) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
(d) Only her money.
3. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
4. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
(a) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy militarily.
(b) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy politically.
(c) Whether or not Sicily should politically join with Italy.
(d) Whether or not Sicily should militarily join with Italy.
5. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
2. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
3. How did the local leaders of the revolution treat the Prince when they arrived at his palace?
4. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
5. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
2. How does Calogero appear at the dinner and what is the Prince's response?
3. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
4. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
5. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
6. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
7. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
8. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
9. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
10. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)