|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Counting his money.
(b) His dog.
(c) Counting his posessions.
(d) A statue.
2. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her strong will.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her placidity.
3. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He panics.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He becomes confused.
4. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The full moon.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The crescent moon.
5. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He clawed his way to death.
(c) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He was killed by the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tancredi interrupt in the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
3. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
4. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
5. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
2. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
3. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
4. How does Calogero appear at the dinner and what is the Prince's response?
5. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
6. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
7. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
8. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
9. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
10. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)