|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
(a) She points out the inaccuracies of it.
(b) She substantiates it.
(c) She berates him.
(d) She laughs at him.
2. How does the Prince feel about Calogero's status?
(a) He resents it.
(b) He is angry about it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is happy about it.
3. What stories is Tancredi telling Angelica after the dinner?
(a) Stories about his business decisions and wealth.
(b) Stories about the revolutionary battles he observed.
(c) Stories about the property he owns.
(d) Stories about the revolutionary battles he was in.
4. What kind of paintings line the walls of the Prince's office?
(a) Century old paintings.
(b) New paintings.
(c) Decade old paintings.
(d) Paintings done by the Prince himself.
5. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
2. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
3. Who is Don Ciccio?
4. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
5. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about the way the Prince and Tancredi react to Angelica at the dinner?
2. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
3. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
4. What two symbols does the Prince encounter on his way home from the ball?
5. How is the Prince compromising parts of his life, and what analogy is made for his situation in Chapter 3, Part 1?
6. What is interesting about the way Pirrone's mother responds to his speech?
7. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
8. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
9. How is Angelica's first visit to the Salina home after the betrothal described?
10. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)