|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
(a) He had to send an urgent letter.
(b) He had to write an urgent letter.
(c) He had to visit a friend.
(d) He had to visit a business associate.
2. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about their relatives.
(b) They talk about stars.
(c) They talk about money.
(d) They talk about the weather.
3. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(b) Casa Rabbito.
(d) Casa Veninata.
4. Why are the military guardsmen posted in Palermo?
(a) To prevent the entrance of the King.
(b) To prevent the entrance of Tancredi.
(c) To prevent the entrance of the rebels.
(d) To prevent the entrance of the Prince.
5. What stories is Tancredi telling Angelica after the dinner?
(a) Stories about the revolutionary battles he observed.
(b) Stories about his business decisions and wealth.
(c) Stories about the property he owns.
(d) Stories about the revolutionary battles he was in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
2. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
3. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
4. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
5. Where does the Prince go after his nap in Chapter 2, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
2. What news does the Tassoni bring on his surprise visit to Concetta?
3. What is the result of the consultation between the Prince and Calogero?
4. According to the Prince's speech in Chapter 4, how do the Sicilian people prefer to live?
5. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
6. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
7. What reception is the Prince expecting in Donnafugata and what kind of a welcome does he actually receive?
8. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
9. What is Tancredi doing at the end of Chapter 2?
10. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)