|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Once a month.
2. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty and her money.
(c) Only her money.
(d) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
3. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He becomes confused.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He laughs.
4. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(b) Casa Rabbito.
(c) Casa Veninata.
5. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
(a) They resented it.
(b) They rejoiced.
(c) They were ambiguous about it.
(d) They evacuated the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
2. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
3. What does the Prince pass on the way to Palermo?
4. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
2. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
3. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
4. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
5. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
6. How does the family know the Prince is upset at dinner and what announcement does he make?
7. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
8. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
9. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
10. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)