|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(a) Casa Rabbito.
(d) Casa Veninata.
2. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with his dog.
(b) Walking with Paolo.
(c) Walking with the Princess.
(d) Walking by himself.
3. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) He will never speak to his daughter again.
(b) He will consider speaking to his daughter one more time.
(c) He will talk to his daughter later.
(d) He will talk to his daughter immediately.
4. Where does the Prince go after his nap in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) To the sitting room.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the garden.
(d) To the barn.
5. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
2. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
3. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
4. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
5. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
2. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
3. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
4. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
5. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
6. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
7. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
8. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
9. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
10. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)