|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The end of his greed.
(b) The beginning of his greed.
(c) The increase of his prestige.
(d) The decline of his prestige.
2. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A square-shaped jelly.
(b) A castle-shaped jelly.
(c) A shield-shaped jelly.
(d) A round-shaped jelly.
3. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
4. How is the morning described as Chapter 3 begins?
5. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
(a) She will bring a lot of money to the family.
(b) The Princess approves of the marriage.
(c) She will never leave or betray him.
(d) Concetta approves of the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Prince go after his nap in Chapter 2, Part 2?
2. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
3. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
4. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
5. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
2. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
3. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
4. What does the Prince think about a marriage of Tancredi and Concetta and how does he respond to Pirrone?
5. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
6. What reception is the Prince expecting in Donnafugata and what kind of a welcome does he actually receive?
7. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
8. What is Tancredi doing at the end of Chapter 2?
9. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
10. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)