|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's job.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's money.
2. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
(a) If she should prevent Tancredi's proposal to Angelica.
(b) If she should move farther away from the city like Tancredi did.
(c) If she should prevent Tancredi from moving closer.
(d) How she should respond to Tancredi's proposal to her.
3. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Talking with a servant.
(b) Watching his dog.
(c) Talking with a relative.
(d) Watching a waterfall.
4. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A square-shaped jelly.
(b) A shield-shaped jelly.
(c) A round-shaped jelly.
(d) A castle-shaped jelly.
5. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Lost all of his money.
(b) Betrayed his family.
(c) Fallen in with bad company.
(d) Lost half of his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
3. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
4. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
2. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
3. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
4. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
5. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
6. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
7. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
8. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
9. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
10. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)