|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of paintings line the walls of the Prince's office?
(a) Decade old paintings.
(b) New paintings.
(c) Paintings done by the Prince himself.
(d) Century old paintings.
2. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
(a) All of them.
(b) Some of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) None of them.
3. How old is the tradition of visiting the convent that the family upholds in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(b) It is new.
4. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
5. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The barn.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
3. How does Tancredi respond to Angelica at the dinner?
4. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
5. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
2. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
3. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
4. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
5. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
6. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
7. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
8. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
9. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
10. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)