|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) Selling all of his property.
(b) Associating with the rebels.
(c) Associating with the King.
(d) Making a bad investment.
2. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(b) Fighting in a battle.
3. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(c) It is empty.
4. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
5. Who accompanies the Prince on his walk the day after he receives the letter from Tancredi?
(a) Don Ciccio and Paolo.
(b) The Princess and Bendico.
(c) The Princess.
(d) Don Ciccio and Bendico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
2. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
3. How has Calogero become wealthy?
4. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
5. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
2. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
4. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
5. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
6. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
7. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
8. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
9. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
10. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)