|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Talking with a relative.
(b) Watching a waterfall.
(c) Talking with a servant.
(d) Watching his dog.
2. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The former town banker.
(b) The new town mayor.
(c) The former town mayor.
(d) The new town banker.
3. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
(a) All of them.
(b) Some of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) Most of them.
4. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
(a) The Prince.
(c) The Princess.
5. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(a) Casa Veninata.
(d) Casa Rabbito.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
2. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
3. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
4. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
5. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
2. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
3. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
4. What does the Prince think about a marriage of Tancredi and Concetta and how does he respond to Pirrone?
5. What reception is the Prince expecting in Donnafugata and what kind of a welcome does he actually receive?
6. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
7. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
8. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
9. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
10. How does Calogero appear at the dinner and what is the Prince's response?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)