|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) They can only bring positive things.
(b) They are inevitable.
(c) The can only bring negative things.
(d) They are avoidable.
2. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
3. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is perturbed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy.
4. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
(a) The adults and children at the table.
(b) The adults at the table.
(c) The children at the table.
(d) No one.
5. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
(a) A friend.
(b) A mysterious informant.
(c) His mistress.
(d) A rebel leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
2. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
3. What does Tancredi interrupt in the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
4. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
5. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
2. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
4. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
5. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
6. How does the family know the Prince is upset at dinner and what announcement does he make?
7. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
8. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
9. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
10. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)