|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He was killed by the Prince.
(c) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He clawed his way to death.
2. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
3. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He becomes confused.
(b) He panics.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He laughs.
4. How does Concetta respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She is ignoring her.
(c) She is tolerant of her.
(d) She is polite towards her.
5. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Talking with a relative.
(b) Watching a waterfall.
(c) Watching his dog.
(d) Talking with a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
2. How is the morning described as Chapter 3 begins?
3. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
4. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
5. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
2. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
4. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
5. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
6. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
7. How is the Prince compromising parts of his life, and what analogy is made for his situation in Chapter 3, Part 1?
8. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
9. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
10. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)