|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
(a) The destruction of the rule of law.
(b) The expansion of the Prince's property.
(c) The expansion of the rule of law.
(d) The destruction of the Prince's property.
2. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A round-shaped jelly.
(b) A castle-shaped jelly.
(c) A square-shaped jelly.
(d) A shield-shaped jelly.
3. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) His dog.
(b) A statue.
(c) Counting his posessions.
(d) Counting his money.
4. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. How does the Prince respond to Calogero's appearance at the dinner?
(a) He is angered by it.
(b) He is not aware of it.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is envious.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
2. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
3. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
4. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
5. What is the desk of the Prince like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
2. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
3. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
4. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
5. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
6. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
7. What is Tancredi doing at the end of Chapter 2?
8. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
9. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
10. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)