|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
(a) She is no longer speaking to her father.
(b) She is fearful of her father's reaction.
(c) She appreciates Pirrone's ability to communicate.
(d) She is out of town and cannot deliver it herself.
2. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with Paolo.
(b) Walking by himself.
(c) Walking with the Princess.
(d) Walking with his dog.
3. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A squirrel.
4. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
5. What does the Prince pass on the way to Palermo?
(a) Tancredi's villa.
(b) The town square.
(c) Tancredi's working quarters.
(d) The town prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
2. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
3. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
4. How often does Angelica visit?
5. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
2. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
3. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
4. How does Calogero appear at the dinner and what is the Prince's response?
5. What does the Prince think about a marriage of Tancredi and Concetta and how does he respond to Pirrone?
6. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
7. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
8. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
9. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
10. What is interesting about the way the Prince and Tancredi react to Angelica at the dinner?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)