|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) His mood changes.
(b) He avoids her.
(c) His mood remains the same.
(d) He immediately walks over to her.
2. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
(a) They resented it.
(b) They were ambiguous about it.
(c) They evacuated the town.
(d) They rejoiced.
3. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching a waterfall.
(b) Talking with a relative.
(c) Watching his dog.
(d) Talking with a servant.
4. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(c) He was killed by the Prince.
(d) He clawed his way to death.
5. What does the Prince dislike about his office?
(a) He thinks it is too small.
(b) The work it represents.
(c) He thinks it is too big.
(d) The lack of windows in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
2. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. Who is Don Calogero?
4. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
5. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
2. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
3. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
4. How does Calogero appear at the dinner and what is the Prince's response?
5. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
6. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
7. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
8. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
9. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
10. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)