|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the morning described as Chapter 3 begins?
2. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
(a) To an auction.
(b) To a relative's house.
(c) To a castle.
(d) To a convent.
3. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about their relatives.
(b) They talk about stars.
(c) They talk about money.
(d) They talk about the weather.
4. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
(a) She is fearful of her father's reaction.
(b) She is no longer speaking to her father.
(c) She is out of town and cannot deliver it herself.
(d) She appreciates Pirrone's ability to communicate.
5. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(b) Casa Veninata.
(c) Casa Rabbito.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
2. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
3. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
4. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
5. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
2. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
3. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
4. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
5. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
6. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
7. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
8. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
9. What reception is the Prince expecting in Donnafugata and what kind of a welcome does he actually receive?
10. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)