|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
2. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was told by a guard.
(b) He was at the guard post.
(c) He was told by the Princess.
(d) He was following the Prince.
3. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
4. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about the weather.
(b) They talk about money.
(c) They talk about their relatives.
(d) They talk about stars.
5. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
(a) The weather.
(c) The meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
2. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
3. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
4. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
5. Who is Don Ciccio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Concetta respond to the news from Tassoni and what does she realize about the past?
2. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
3. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
4. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
5. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
6. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
7. What is the surprising way that Pirrone deals with his family's situation?
8. What is the situation Sarina finds herself in?
9. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
10. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)