|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
2. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is talkative.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(d) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
3. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
(a) Aristocratically in their thoughts.
(b) Their positive reputation among common people.
(c) Aristocratically in their actions.
(d) Their negative reputation among common people.
4. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
5. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
(a) The meal.
(b) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
2. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
4. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
5. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
3. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
4. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
5. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
6. What does the Prince think about a marriage of Tancredi and Concetta and how does he respond to Pirrone?
7. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
8. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
9. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
10. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)