|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about stars.
(b) They talk about the weather.
(c) They talk about money.
(d) They talk about their relatives.
2. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(b) It is empty.
3. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(b) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
4. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is dressed impressively.
(b) He is dressed badly.
(c) He is nervous, but on time.
(d) He is late, but confident.
5. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Much more than the Prince.
(b) Almost as much as the Prince.
(c) A little more than the Prince.
(d) Much less than the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince travel to Palermo?
2. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
3. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
4. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
5. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family know the Prince is upset at dinner and what announcement does he make?
2. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
3. Who is Calogero and what request does he make for the dinner at the Salina's?
4. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
5. What is interesting about the way the Prince and Tancredi react to Angelica at the dinner?
6. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
7. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
8. What is the Prince worried about in his return trip from Palermo that takes place in Chapter 1, Part 1?
9. What reception is the Prince expecting in Donnafugata and what kind of a welcome does he actually receive?
10. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)