|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The other forces who oppose the King.
(b) The authority of the King.
(c) The people who live in Palermo.
(d) The criminals of Palermo.
2. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
3. How does Tancredi respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He avoids her.
(b) He continues his conversation.
(c) He stops his conversation.
(d) He immediately walks over to her.
4. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
5. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
(a) May of 1860.
(b) May of 1870.
(c) June of 1870.
(d) June of 1860.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Concetta respond to Angelica at the dinner?
2. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
3. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
4. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
5. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
2. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
3. How does Calogero appear at the dinner and what is the Prince's response?
4. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
5. How does the family know the Prince is upset at dinner and what announcement does he make?
6. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
7. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
8. What is Tancredi doing at the end of Chapter 2?
9. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
10. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)