|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching a waterfall.
(b) Talking with a servant.
(c) Talking with a relative.
(d) Watching his dog.
2. How is Angelica acting towards Tancredi in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(a) She is polite to him, but not interested.
(b) She is ignoring him.
(c) She is openly flirting with him.
(d) She is subliminally flirting with him.
3. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) She is gone.
(d) In bed.
4. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
(a) She substantiates it.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She points out the inaccuracies of it.
(d) She berates him.
5. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was following the Prince.
(b) He was told by a guard.
(c) He was told by the Princess.
(d) He was at the guard post.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
2. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
4. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
5. How did the local leaders of the revolution treat the Prince when they arrived at his palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Concetta concerned about at the end of Chapter 8, Part 1?
2. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
3. What news does Tancredi have as he returns in Chapter 4?
4. How does the family know the Prince is upset at dinner and what announcement does he make?
5. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
6. How does the tone of the book change in Chapter 8, Part 1?
7. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
8. What tactic does Chevalley use in an attempt to convince the Prince to accept his offer, and what is the Prince's response?
9. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
10. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)