|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To defend his actions, what does Tancredi insist that he is doing?
(a) Making a sound business decision.
(b) Fighting for a good reason.
(c) Fighting for an unknown, but noble reason.
(d) Following the advice of an excellent business man.
2. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He immediately walks over to her.
(b) His mood remains the same.
(c) He avoids her.
(d) His mood changes.
3. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He becomes confused.
(d) He panics.
4. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with his dog.
(b) Walking by himself.
(c) Walking with the Princess.
(d) Walking with Paolo.
5. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Don Calogero?
2. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
3. Who is Don Ciccio?
4. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
5. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
2. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
3. What notion does Tancredi introduce to the Prince in the second part of Chapter 1, and how does the Prince respond?
4. What does the Prince think about a marriage of Tancredi and Concetta and how does he respond to Pirrone?
5. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
6. How does Tancredi act towards Angelica after the dinner and what is Concetta's response?
7. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
8. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
9. How is the Prince compromising parts of his life, and what analogy is made for his situation in Chapter 3, Part 1?
10. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)