|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Twelve months.
2. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is unfazed.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is angry.
3. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
(a) If she should move farther away from the city like Tancredi did.
(b) If she should prevent Tancredi's proposal to Angelica.
(c) If she should prevent Tancredi from moving closer.
(d) How she should respond to Tancredi's proposal to her.
4. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A wolf.
5. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(c) He is talkative.
(d) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
2. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
3. Why are the military guardsmen posted in Palermo?
4. How does Tancredi respond to Angelica at the dinner?
5. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened as a result of the revolution?
2. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
3. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
4. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
6. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
7. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
8. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
9. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
10. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)