|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince travel to Palermo?
(a) He is driven in a carriage.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He drives a carriage.
(d) He walks.
2. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
(a) She will never leave or betray him.
(b) Concetta approves of the marriage.
(c) The Princess approves of the marriage.
(d) She will bring a lot of money to the family.
3. What does Tancredi interrupt in the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) The Prince's nightly shave.
(b) The Prince's dinner.
(c) The Prince's breakfast.
(d) The Prince's morning shave.
4. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) She is gone.
5. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He panics.
(b) He becomes confused.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
2. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
3. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
4. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
5. What is the desk of the Prince like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
2. What is the reasoning used by Tancredi to justify his desire to marry Angelica in his letters to the Prince?
3. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
4. How is the garden described in Chapter 1?
5. When, where, and how does The Leopard begin in Chapter 1?
6. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
7. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
8. What does the Prince see in the garden and what does he turn to as a source of comfort?
9. What is the difference in the Prince as he arrives in Donnafugata and what does the change in him represent?
10. What does the Prince think about a marriage of Tancredi and Concetta and how does he respond to Pirrone?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)