Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
2. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
(a) A friend.
(b) His mistress.
(c) A mysterious informant.
(d) A rebel leader.
3. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
4. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is dressed impressively.
(b) He is late, but confident.
(c) He is dressed badly.
(d) He is nervous, but on time.
5. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
(b) He begins to gossip.
(c) He begins talking about the revolution.
(d) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
2. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
3. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
4. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
5. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about the way the Prince dies?
2. What do Concetta and Angelica discuss in Chapter 8, Part 2?
3. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
4. What reception is the Prince expecting in Donnafugata and what kind of a welcome does he actually receive?
5. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
6. How does the tone of the book change in Chapter 8, Part 1?
7. What does Pirrone say about the Prince's way of life in his speech?
8. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
9. What is the overall opinion that the Prince has of his life during his final moments?
10. What letter does the Prince receive at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2, and what is his response to it?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)