|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her strong will.
(c) Her placidity.
(d) Her intelligence.
2. How does the Prince respond to Calogero's appearance at the dinner?
(a) He is envious.
(b) He is not aware of it.
(c) He is angered by it.
(d) He is relieved.
3. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Propose to Concetta.
(b) Move closer to the Prince.
(c) Move farther away from the city.
(d) Propose to Angelica.
4. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
5. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(b) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
2. What is the desk of the Prince like?
3. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
4. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
5. How often does Angelica visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tancredi doing at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What is the tradition of the convent that the Prince visits and the Salina family?
3. How does the Prince think about the Princess while traveling to Palermo?
4. What is the Prince doing as Pirrone interrupts him in Chapter 2, Part 2, and how does Pirrone react?
5. Why is Tancredi gone when the Prince finishes his visit at the convent?
6. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about before the dinner?
7. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince and what is the subject of his letters?
8. How is the Prince compromising parts of his life, and what analogy is made for his situation in Chapter 3, Part 1?
9. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
10. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)