|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) They are inevitable.
(b) The can only bring negative things.
(c) They can only bring positive things.
(d) They are avoidable.
2. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Talking with a servant.
(b) Talking with a relative.
(c) Watching a waterfall.
(d) Watching his dog.
3. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
(a) Aristocratically in their thoughts.
(b) Their positive reputation among common people.
(c) Aristocratically in their actions.
(d) Their negative reputation among common people.
4. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) Making a bad investment.
(b) Selling all of his property.
(c) Associating with the rebels.
(d) Associating with the King.
5. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Nothing has to happen.
(b) Things have to change.
(c) Warnings should be taken seriously.
(d) Warnings should be ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
2. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
3. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
4. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
5. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the manager describe Angelica to the Prince and what is the Prince's opinion of Calogero at the end of Chapter 2, Part 1?
2. What is the Plebiscite of Unification, and how does the Prince vote on it?
3. What is the symbolic dessert made for the Prince?
4. How is the Prince compromising parts of his life, and what analogy is made for his situation in Chapter 3, Part 1?
5. What is the conversation between Pirrone and the Prince about in Chapter 1, Part 2?
6. What is the purpose of Tancredi's interruption of the Prince in Chapter 1, Part 2?
7. How is the trip to Donnafugata described and what do the cicadas represent?
8. How is the Prince's office decorated and what is his opinion of it?
9. What is Tancredi doing at the end of Chapter 2?
10. What is the news that Pirrone brings to the Prince?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)