|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
2. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
(c) Talking with her sister.
(d) Preparing a meal.
3. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
4. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
(a) The people.
(b) The new king.
(c) A newly formed rebellion.
5. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(b) The Princess.
(c) No one.
6. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the villa estate.
(c) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
(d) At a hotel.
7. What will make Sarina's situation more difficult for Pirrone?
(a) The feud between himself and his father.
(b) The feud between his father and uncle.
(c) The feud between himself and his uncle.
(d) The feud between himself, his father, and his uncle.
8. How does Pirrone die?
(a) Old age.
(b) It is a mystery.
(d) An accident.
9. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(b) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(c) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(d) The lack of windows in the chapel.
10. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
11. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
12. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
(b) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
(c) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(d) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
13. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are disgusted.
(d) They are fascinated.
14. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A walk in the garden.
(b) A visit to a friend's house.
(c) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(d) A routine visit to a doctor.
15. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(a) Much worse than the Prince.
(c) Much better than the Prince.
(d) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
2. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
3. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
4. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
5. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)