|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
(a) Some people are happy to see him, but most are not.
(c) Some people are not happy to see him, but most are.
2. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They might be stolen.
(b) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(c) They might not be authentic.
(d) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
3. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
(a) They have fallen asleep.
(b) They have ignored it.
(c) They have left.
(d) They have been attentive.
4. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are fascinated.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They are disgusted.
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
(a) Several months.
(b) A few months.
(c) Several days.
(d) A few days.
6. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in better grooming.
(b) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(c) The benefits of being wealthy.
(d) The value in saving money.
7. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
8. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Innocent Man.
(b) Death of the Just Man.
(c) Death of the Flawed Man.
(d) Death of the Injust Man.
9. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(a) Decaying mementos.
(b) Aged letters.
10. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
(b) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
(c) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(d) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
11. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
(b) Talking with her sister.
(d) Preparing a meal.
12. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In a carriage outside of the house.
(d) In the kitchen.
13. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) June of 1895.
(b) July of 1885.
(c) November of 1905.
(d) April of 1875.
14. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
15. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
(a) His leopard-like air.
(b) His tiger-like air.
(c) His jaguar-like air.
(d) His lion-like air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
2. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
3. Who is Concetta's son named after?
4. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)