|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With permission.
(b) With caution.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disrespect.
2. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The benefits of being wealthy.
(b) The value in saving money.
(c) The value in better grooming.
(d) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
3. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
(a) The destruction of the Salina family's prestige.
(b) The destruction of the Salina family's estate.
(c) The loss of the Salina family's estate.
(d) The loss of the Salina family's fortune.
4. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At the villa estate.
(c) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
(d) At a friend's house.
5. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
6. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
7. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A visit to a friend's house.
(b) A routine visit to a doctor.
(c) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(d) A walk in the garden.
8. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Ninety three years.
(b) Seventy three years.
(c) Sixty three years.
(d) Eighty three years.
9. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Over four years.
(b) Almost four years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Over two years.
10. How does Paolo die?
(a) He falls from a roof.
(b) He is thrown from a horse.
(c) He dies from a severe fever.
(d) He dies from an unknown illness.
11. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(b) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
12. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
13. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(b) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
(c) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
(d) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
14. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
15. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Six in the morning.
(b) Two in the morning.
(c) Eight in the morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
2. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
4. What is the reason the Prince is chosen to sit as a member of the Senate?
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)