|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In a carriage outside of the house.
2. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Over four years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Almost four years.
3. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is amused.
4. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(b) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(c) Her appearance is a mild success.
(d) Her appearance is a huge success.
5. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
6. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class sensibility.
(b) Class naivety.
(c) Class irrationality.
(d) Class insincerity.
7. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With respect.
(b) With caution.
(c) With disrespect.
(d) With permission.
8. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(b) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(c) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(d) The death of Donna Rosa.
9. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
(a) They fear him.
(b) They are amused by him.
(c) They like him.
(d) They dislike him.
10. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Seventy three years.
(b) Ninety three years.
(c) Eighty three years.
(d) Sixty three years.
11. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(b) A routine visit to a doctor.
(c) A visit to a friend's house.
(d) A walk in the garden.
12. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
13. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
14. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
15. How does the Princess pass away?
(b) An accident.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paolo die?
2. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
3. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
4. Who is Concetta's son named after?
5. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)