|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the Salina sisters to acquire each relic?
(a) One to two weeks.
(b) One to two years.
(c) One to two days.
(d) One to two months.
2. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(b) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(c) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(d) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
3. How does the Princess pass away?
(a) An accident.
(c) Old age.
4. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Neither will look at the other.
(c) Neither will listen to the other.
5. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They might be stolen.
(b) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(c) They might not be authentic.
(d) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
6. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
(a) All that is good and noble.
(b) Confidence and intelligence.
(c) Wealth and sophistication.
(d) All that is fair and unpredictable.
7. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Eight in the morning.
(b) Six in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
8. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Almost four years.
(b) Over two years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Over four years.
9. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
10. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(b) The death of Donna Rosa.
(c) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(d) The sisters could no longer afford them.
11. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class sensibility.
(b) Class insincerity.
(c) Class naivety.
(d) Class irrationality.
12. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(a) The Princess.
(c) The Prince.
13. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(c) No one.
(d) The Princess.
14. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
15. What will make Sarina's situation more difficult for Pirrone?
(a) The feud between himself and his uncle.
(b) The feud between himself and his father.
(c) The feud between himself, his father, and his uncle.
(d) The feud between his father and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 7 take place?
2. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
3. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
4. What is the reason the Prince is chosen to sit as a member of the Senate?
5. Who is Concetta's son named after?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)