|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With permission.
(b) With disrespect.
(c) With respect.
(d) With caution.
2. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
(b) Some people are not happy to see him, but most are.
(d) Some people are happy to see him, but most are not.
3. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
4. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
5. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
(d) At the villa estate.
6. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Eight in the morning.
(b) Six in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
(d) Four in the morning.
7. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The death of Donna Rosa.
(b) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(c) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(d) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
8. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are disgusted.
(d) They are fascinated.
9. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' world status.
(b) The Sicilians' traditions.
(c) The Sicilians' money.
(d) The Sicilians' misery.
10. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
(b) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
(c) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(d) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
11. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
(a) He declines.
(b) He does not hear her invitation.
(c) He ignores her invitation.
(d) He accepts.
12. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
(b) The right to sell their family estate.
(c) The right to have private masses in their home.
(d) The right to attend church again.
13. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Almost four years.
(b) Over two years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Over four years.
14. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
15. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
(a) A day.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Concetta's son named after?
2. What is the reason the Prince is chosen to sit as a member of the Senate?
3. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
4. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
5. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)