|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
2. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(a) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(b) Much better than the Prince.
(d) Much worse than the Prince.
3. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the villa estate.
(c) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
(d) At a hotel.
4. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
5. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
6. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
7. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
(b) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(c) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
(d) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
8. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
9. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty days.
10. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is gloomy.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is happy.
11. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Flawed Man.
(b) Death of the Innocent Man.
(c) Death of the Injust Man.
(d) Death of the Just Man.
12. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is a huge success.
(b) Her appearance is a mild success.
(c) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(d) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
13. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
(b) Understanding government.
(c) Being involved in government.
(d) The rebellion.
14. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is upset.
15. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class sensibility.
(b) Class irrationality.
(c) Class naivety.
(d) Class insincerity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How does Pirrone die?
3. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
4. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
5. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)