|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Flawed Man.
(b) Death of the Innocent Man.
(c) Death of the Just Man.
(d) Death of the Injust Man.
2. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He rides a horse.
(b) He walks.
(c) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(d) He is driven in a carriage.
3. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
4. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' world status.
(b) The Sicilians' traditions.
(c) The Sicilians' money.
(d) The Sicilians' misery.
5. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
(b) Talking with her sister.
(c) Preparing a meal.
6. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(b) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(c) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(d) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
7. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
8. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like sands through the hourglass.
(b) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(c) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(d) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
9. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
10. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is gloomy.
(d) He is angry.
11. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) November of 1905.
(b) July of 1885.
(c) June of 1895.
(d) April of 1875.
12. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
(b) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(c) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
(d) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
13. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is amused.
14. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
15. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(a) Decaying mementos.
(c) Aged letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
2. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
3. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
4. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
5. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)