|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(b) Her appearance is a huge success.
(c) Her appearance is a mild success.
(d) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
2. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(b) They might not be authentic.
(c) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
(d) They might be stolen.
3. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is very receptive to them.
(b) She is slightly receptive to them.
(c) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(d) She is not receptive to them.
4. What will make Sarina's situation more difficult for Pirrone?
(a) The feud between himself and his father.
(b) The feud between his father and uncle.
(c) The feud between himself, his father, and his uncle.
(d) The feud between himself and his uncle.
5. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They are fascinated.
(b) They are disgusted.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They laugh.
6. What is the reason the Prince is chosen to sit as a member of the Senate?
(a) His wealth.
(b) The marriage of Tancredi and Angelica.
(c) Tancredi's position in the army.
(d) His aristocratic background.
7. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He is driven in a carriage.
(d) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
8. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
9. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Ninety three years.
(b) Sixty three years.
(c) Eighty three years.
(d) Seventy three years.
10. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
(a) Some people are happy to see him, but most are not.
(d) Some people are not happy to see him, but most are.
11. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' misery.
(b) The Sicilians' traditions.
(c) The Sicilians' world status.
(d) The Sicilians' money.
12. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is gloomy.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is anxious.
13. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Almost two years.
(b) Over four years.
(c) Over two years.
(d) Almost four years.
14. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(b) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(d) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
15. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paolo die?
2. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
3. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
4. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
5. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)