|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
(a) Old and tired.
(b) Old, but not tired.
(c) New, but not rejuvenated.
(d) New and rejuvenated.
2. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
(c) Some people are not happy to see him, but most are.
(d) Some people are happy to see him, but most are not.
3. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
4. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) July of 1885.
(b) June of 1895.
(c) April of 1875.
(d) November of 1905.
5. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
6. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(b) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
(c) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
(d) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
7. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Ninety three years.
(b) Seventy three years.
(c) Eighty three years.
(d) Sixty three years.
8. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(b) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(c) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(d) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
9. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(b) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(d) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
10. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to sell their family estate.
(b) The right to have private masses in their home.
(c) The right to attend church again.
(d) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
11. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(b) Much better than the Prince.
(c) Much worse than the Prince.
(d) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
12. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
(a) They have fallen asleep.
(b) They have been attentive.
(c) They have left.
(d) They have ignored it.
13. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is upset.
14. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Injust Man.
(b) Death of the Just Man.
(c) Death of the Innocent Man.
(d) Death of the Flawed Man.
15. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
2. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
4. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
5. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)