|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
(a) Being involved in government.
(b) The rebellion.
(d) Understanding government.
2. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to sell their family estate.
(b) The right to have private masses in their home.
(c) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
(d) The right to attend church again.
3. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
4. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
5. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are disgusted.
(d) They are fascinated.
6. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
(b) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
(c) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(d) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
7. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(b) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(c) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(d) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
8. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
(b) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(c) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
(d) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
9. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(b) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(c) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
(d) Like sands through the hourglass.
10. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
11. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
(b) They might be stolen.
(c) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(d) They might not be authentic.
12. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Sixty three years.
(b) Seventy three years.
(c) Ninety three years.
(d) Eighty three years.
13. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
(a) He does not hear her invitation.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He ignores her invitation.
(d) He declines.
14. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Injust Man.
(b) Death of the Innocent Man.
(c) Death of the Just Man.
(d) Death of the Flawed Man.
15. How does Paolo die?
(a) He dies from an unknown illness.
(b) He falls from a roof.
(c) He is thrown from a horse.
(d) He dies from a severe fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pirrone greeted when he visits his hometown?
2. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
3. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
4. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
5. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)