|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
2. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to attend church again.
(b) The right to have private masses in their home.
(c) The right to sell their family estate.
(d) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
3. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is silent.
4. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(b) Her appearance is a mild success.
(c) Her appearance is a huge success.
(d) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
5. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) June of 1895.
(b) April of 1875.
(c) November of 1905.
(d) July of 1885.
6. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is anxious.
(c) He is gloomy.
(d) He is angry.
7. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
8. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
9. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
10. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(b) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(c) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(d) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
11. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(b) She is not receptive to them.
(c) She is very receptive to them.
(d) She is slightly receptive to them.
12. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
13. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
(a) Boring and disappointing.
(b) Exactly as he hoped it would be.
(c) Disappointing, but not boring.
(d) Boring, but not disappointing.
14. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' traditions.
(b) The Sicilians' money.
(c) The Sicilians' world status.
(d) The Sicilians' misery.
15. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He is driven in a carriage.
(b) He walks.
(c) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(d) He rides a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will make Sarina's situation more difficult for Pirrone?
2. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
3. How does Paolo die?
4. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)