|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class irrationality.
(b) Class sensibility.
(c) Class insincerity.
(d) Class naivety.
2. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
(b) The right to have private masses in their home.
(c) The right to sell their family estate.
(d) The right to attend church again.
3. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
(b) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
4. How does Paolo die?
(a) He dies from an unknown illness.
(b) He falls from a roof.
(c) He is thrown from a horse.
(d) He dies from a severe fever.
5. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is confused.
6. Who is Concetta's son named after?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A friend of his father's.
(c) A friend of his grandfather's.
(d) His father.
7. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(b) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(c) Her appearance is a mild success.
(d) Her appearance is a huge success.
8. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several months.
9. How long did it take the Salina sisters to acquire each relic?
(a) One to two days.
(b) One to two months.
(c) One to two weeks.
(d) One to two years.
10. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
11. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(a) Creating new laws.
(c) Preventing bribery.
(d) Monitoring the government.
12. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
13. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(b) Neither will look at the other.
(c) Neither will listen to the other.
14. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' misery.
(b) The Sicilians' traditions.
(c) The Sicilians' world status.
(d) The Sicilians' money.
15. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
(a) A year.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
2. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
3. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
4. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
5. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)