|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the Salina sisters to acquire each relic?
(a) One to two years.
(b) One to two weeks.
(c) One to two months.
(d) One to two days.
2. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are amused by him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They like him.
3. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
(a) Advised them on what relics to collect.
(b) Produced relics for them.
(c) Sold relics for them.
(d) Informed them of the location of relics.
4. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
(a) Her family's coarseness.
(b) The town's dislike for her.
(c) Her family's intelligence.
(d) The town's appreciation for her.
5. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(b) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
(c) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
(d) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
6. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is amused.
7. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is gloomy.
8. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class sensibility.
(b) Class naivety.
(c) Class insincerity.
(d) Class irrationality.
9. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
10. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
11. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(b) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(c) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(d) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
12. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
(b) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(c) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(d) Like sands through the hourglass.
13. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(b) Neither will look at the other.
(d) Neither will listen to the other.
14. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
15. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to have private masses in their home.
(b) The right to sell their family estate.
(c) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
(d) The right to attend church again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
2. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
3. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
4. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
5. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)