|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
2. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(a) No one.
(d) The Princess.
3. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to have private masses in their home.
(b) The right to sell their family estate.
(c) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
(d) The right to attend church again.
4. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class insincerity.
(b) Class irrationality.
(c) Class sensibility.
(d) Class naivety.
5. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(b) Aged letters.
(c) Decaying mementos.
6. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They are disgusted.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They are fascinated.
(d) They laugh.
7. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
(a) The destruction of the Salina family's prestige.
(b) The destruction of the Salina family's estate.
(c) The loss of the Salina family's estate.
(d) The loss of the Salina family's fortune.
8. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
9. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(a) Much better than the Prince.
(b) Much worse than the Prince.
(c) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
10. How does Pirrone die?
(b) Old age.
(c) An accident.
(d) It is a mystery.
11. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With disrespect.
(b) With respect.
(c) With caution.
(d) With permission.
12. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
13. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
(b) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
(c) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(d) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
14. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in saving money.
(b) The benefits of being wealthy.
(c) The value in better grooming.
(d) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
15. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
(a) Being involved in government.
(b) The rebellion.
(d) Understanding government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
2. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
3. When does Chapter 7 take place?
4. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)