|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In a carriage outside of the house.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(b) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(c) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(d) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
3. What is the reason the Prince is chosen to sit as a member of the Senate?
(a) The marriage of Tancredi and Angelica.
(b) Tancredi's position in the army.
(c) His aristocratic background.
(d) His wealth.
4. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is very receptive to them.
(b) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(c) She is slightly receptive to them.
(d) She is not receptive to them.
5. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(b) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(c) Much worse than the Prince.
(d) Much better than the Prince.
6. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is upset.
7. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(b) A visit to a friend's house.
(c) A routine visit to a doctor.
(d) A walk in the garden.
8. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(b) He walks.
(c) He is driven in a carriage.
(d) He rides a horse.
9. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They might be stolen.
(b) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
(c) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(d) They might not be authentic.
10. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is a mild success.
(b) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(c) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(d) Her appearance is a huge success.
11. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' misery.
(b) The Sicilians' world status.
(c) The Sicilians' traditions.
(d) The Sicilians' money.
12. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in better grooming.
(b) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(c) The benefits of being wealthy.
(d) The value in saving money.
13. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
14. How does the Princess pass away?
(c) Old age.
(d) An accident.
15. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) November of 1905.
(b) July of 1885.
(c) June of 1895.
(d) April of 1875.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
2. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
3. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
4. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)