|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paolo die?
(a) He dies from a severe fever.
(b) He falls from a roof.
(c) He is thrown from a horse.
(d) He dies from an unknown illness.
2. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(b) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(c) The death of Donna Rosa.
(d) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
3. Who is Concetta's son named after?
(a) His father.
(b) A friend of his father's.
(c) A friend of his grandfather's.
(d) His grandfather.
4. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
5. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to sell their family estate.
(b) The right to have private masses in their home.
(c) The right to attend church again.
(d) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
6. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
(a) Boring and disappointing.
(b) Boring, but not disappointing.
(c) Disappointing, but not boring.
(d) Exactly as he hoped it would be.
7. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
(a) Harsh reality.
(b) A life deserving of sympathy.
(c) Unattainable goals.
(d) A fabricated life.
8. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
9. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(b) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(c) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(d) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
10. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(b) Neither will listen to the other.
(d) Neither will look at the other.
11. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(b) Preventing bribery.
(c) Creating new laws.
(d) Monitoring the government.
12. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Historically insignificant.
(b) Locally significant, but not historically.
(c) Locally insignificant, but historical.
(d) Historically significant.
13. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
14. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in saving money.
(b) The benefits of being wealthy.
(c) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(d) The value in better grooming.
15. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
(a) The rebellion.
(c) Understanding government.
(d) Being involved in government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
2. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
3. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)