|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With disrespect.
(b) With permission.
(c) With respect.
(d) With caution.
2. Why is the Prince concerned about the ball?
(a) He is afraid the people there will not like Angelica.
(b) He is afraid the people there will ignore him.
(c) He is afraid Calogero will embarrass him.
(d) He is afraid he will not know anyone there.
3. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is gloomy.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is happy.
4. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
(a) They are amused by him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They like him.
5. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
6. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Locally significant, but not historically.
(b) Historically insignificant.
(c) Historically significant.
(d) Locally insignificant, but historical.
7. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Sixty three years.
(b) Eighty three years.
(c) Ninety three years.
(d) Seventy three years.
8. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(b) He rides a horse.
(c) He walks.
(d) He is driven in a carriage.
9. Why is a leopard represented in each of the palace's rooms?
(a) It is the family's insignia.
(b) It is the first animal ever captured by the family's ancestors.
(c) It is the Prince's favorite animal.
(d) It is the Princess' favorite animal.
10. How does Paolo die?
(a) He dies from an unknown illness.
(b) He dies from a severe fever.
(c) He is thrown from a horse.
(d) He falls from a roof.
11. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
(a) The loss of the Salina family's fortune.
(b) The destruction of the Salina family's estate.
(c) The destruction of the Salina family's prestige.
(d) The loss of the Salina family's estate.
12. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in better grooming.
(b) The benefits of being wealthy.
(c) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(d) The value in saving money.
13. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Flawed Man.
(b) Death of the Just Man.
(c) Death of the Innocent Man.
(d) Death of the Injust Man.
14. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(b) Her appearance is a huge success.
(c) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(d) Her appearance is a mild success.
15. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(b) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(c) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(d) The death of Donna Rosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How does Pirrone die?
3. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
4. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
5. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)