|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
2. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the villa estate.
3. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
(a) Understanding government.
(c) Being involved in government.
(d) The rebellion.
4. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
(a) They are amused by him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They like him.
5. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Princess.
6. What does the Prince insist that vanity is stronger than in Chapter 4?
(a) The Sicilians' traditions.
(b) The Sicilians' misery.
(c) The Sicilians' money.
(d) The Sicilians' world status.
7. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class insincerity.
(b) Class irrationality.
(c) Class naivety.
(d) Class sensibility.
8. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
(a) He does not hear her invitation.
(b) He ignores her invitation.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He declines.
9. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
(a) The right to hold an auction at the family estate.
(b) The right to sell their family estate.
(c) The right to have private masses in their home.
(d) The right to attend church again.
10. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
(a) Preparing a meal.
(d) Talking with her sister.
11. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) April of 1875.
(b) June of 1895.
(c) July of 1885.
(d) November of 1905.
12. Looking back on his life, how many years does the Prince think he has fully lived?
13. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In a carriage outside of the house.
(d) In the sitting room.
14. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(c) No one.
(d) The Princess.
15. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
(a) Confidence and intelligence.
(b) Wealth and sophistication.
(c) All that is fair and unpredictable.
(d) All that is good and noble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
2. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
3. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
4. How much time has passed between Chapter 3 and Chapter 4?
5. How is Angelica received at the ball?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)