|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pirrone die?
(a) An accident.
(b) Old age.
(c) It is a mystery.
2. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
(a) Class naivety.
(b) Class irrationality.
(c) Class insincerity.
(d) Class sensibility.
3. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
(a) A newly formed rebellion.
(b) The people.
(c) The new king.
4. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
(a) Disappointing, but not boring.
(b) Boring and disappointing.
(c) Boring, but not disappointing.
(d) Exactly as he hoped it would be.
5. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
(a) All that is fair and unpredictable.
(b) All that is good and noble.
(c) Confidence and intelligence.
(d) Wealth and sophistication.
6. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several months.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
7. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
8. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
(a) Old, but not tired.
(b) New, but not rejuvenated.
(c) New and rejuvenated.
(d) Old and tired.
9. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(b) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(c) Much worse than the Prince.
(d) Much better than the Prince.
10. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
(a) They have ignored it.
(b) They have fallen asleep.
(c) They have been attentive.
(d) They have left.
11. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
(a) A fabricated life.
(b) A life deserving of sympathy.
(c) Harsh reality.
(d) Unattainable goals.
12. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
13. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
14. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(b) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
(c) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(d) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
15. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Over four years.
(b) Almost two years.
(c) Almost four years.
(d) Over two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
2. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
3. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
4. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
5. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)