|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
2. How many years after Chapter 5 does Chapter 6 take place?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Over four years.
(c) Almost two years.
(d) Almost four years.
3. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
4. Who is Tancredi now fighting for, as he announces in Chapter 4?
(a) The people.
(b) A newly formed rebellion.
(d) The new king.
5. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(b) Much better than the Prince.
(c) Much worse than the Prince.
(d) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
6. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Aristocracy and the peasantry are more alike than he thought.
(b) Peasantry is much better than aristocracy.
(c) Aristocracy and the peasantry are less alike than he thought.
(d) Aristocracy is much better than peasantry.
7. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
(a) Old, but not tired.
(b) Old and tired.
(c) New, but not rejuvenated.
(d) New and rejuvenated.
8. Why is a leopard represented in each of the palace's rooms?
(a) It is the Prince's favorite animal.
(b) It is the first animal ever captured by the family's ancestors.
(c) It is the family's insignia.
(d) It is the Princess' favorite animal.
9. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
(a) His jaguar-like air.
(b) His lion-like air.
(c) His leopard-like air.
(d) His tiger-like air.
10. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In a carriage outside of the house.
(d) In the garden.
11. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(b) A routine visit to a doctor.
(c) A visit to a friend's house.
(d) A walk in the garden.
12. How does the Prince perceive his life as he dances with Angelica?
(a) Disappointing, but not boring.
(b) Boring and disappointing.
(c) Boring, but not disappointing.
(d) Exactly as he hoped it would be.
13. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(b) She is very receptive to them.
(c) She is not receptive to them.
(d) She is slightly receptive to them.
14. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Just Man.
(b) Death of the Injust Man.
(c) Death of the Innocent Man.
(d) Death of the Flawed Man.
15. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
(b) The value in saving money.
(c) The value in better grooming.
(d) The benefits of being wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pirrone say will never die in his speech?
2. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
3. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
4. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
5. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)