Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They might be stolen.
(b) They might not be authentic.
(c) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(d) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
2. As the Prince is talking to Calogero about the marriage between Tancredi and Angelica, what does he learn about Calogero's wealth?
(a) Calogero is slightly less wealthy than the Prince expected.
(b) Calogero is much more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(c) Calogero is slighlty more wealthy than the Prince expected.
(d) Calogero is as wealthy as the Prince expected.
3. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(c) Neither will look at the other.
(d) Neither will listen to the other.
4. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A walk in the garden.
(b) A visit to a friend's house.
(c) A last minute visit to a doctor.
(d) A routine visit to a doctor.
5. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(b) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
(c) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(d) Like sands through the hourglass.
6. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
(a) His lion-like air.
(b) His jaguar-like air.
(c) His tiger-like air.
(d) His leopard-like air.
7. How do most of Pirrone's friends respond to his speech, according to his mother?
(a) They have fallen asleep.
(b) They have been attentive.
(c) They have ignored it.
(d) They have left.
8. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(a) Aged letters.
(b) Decaying mementos.
9. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
(a) The destruction of the Salina family's prestige.
(b) The destruction of the Salina family's estate.
(c) The loss of the Salina family's estate.
(d) The loss of the Salina family's fortune.
10. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They are fascinated.
(d) They are disgusted.
11. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
12. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) November of 1905.
(b) June of 1895.
(c) July of 1885.
(d) April of 1875.
13. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With permission.
(b) With caution.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disrespect.
14. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is not receptive to them.
(b) She is slightly receptive to them.
(c) She is very receptive to them.
(d) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
15. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
(a) Her family's coarseness.
(b) The town's appreciation for her.
(c) The town's dislike for her.
(d) Her family's intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
2. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
3. What is the Prince's response to Angelica's invitation to eat with her and Tancredi?
4. What is Sarina doing when Pirrone finds her the day after his speech?
5. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)