|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
2. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
3. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
4. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) The sisters could no longer afford them.
(b) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(c) The death of Donna Rosa.
(d) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
5. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is very receptive to them.
(b) She is not receptive to them.
(c) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(d) She is slightly receptive to them.
6. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Ninety three years.
(b) Seventy three years.
(c) Sixty three years.
(d) Eighty three years.
7. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
8. What painting does the Prince see in the library at the ball?
(a) Death of the Flawed Man.
(b) Death of the Injust Man.
(c) Death of the Just Man.
(d) Death of the Innocent Man.
9. How does Pirrone die?
(a) An accident.
(c) It is a mystery.
(d) Old age.
10. Why is a leopard represented in each of the palace's rooms?
(a) It is the Princess' favorite animal.
(b) It is the first animal ever captured by the family's ancestors.
(c) It is the Prince's favorite animal.
(d) It is the family's insignia.
11. What year does the ball in Chapter 6 take place?
12. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He walks.
(b) He is driven in a carriage.
(c) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
(d) He rides a horse.
13. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is confused.
14. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Historically significant.
(b) Locally insignificant, but historical.
(c) Historically insignificant.
(d) Locally significant, but not historically.
15. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(a) Decaying mementos.
(b) Aged letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
2. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
3. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
4. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
5. Who is Concetta's son named after?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)