|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Prince staying in Chapter 7?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the villa estate.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At Tancredi and Angelica's house.
2. How does the Prince live, according to Pirrone in Chapter 5?
(a) Pirrone thinks the Prince's life is handled by others.
(b) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with too much wealth.
(c) Pirrone thinks the Prince controls his own life.
(d) Pirrone thinks the Prince lives with not enough wealth.
3. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
4. Who is Concetta's son named after?
(a) His father.
(b) A friend of his grandfather's.
(c) A friend of his father's.
(d) His grandfather.
5. Where is Sarina when Pirrone talks to her the day after his speech?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In a carriage outside of the house.
6. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(b) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
(c) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(d) The lack of windows in the chapel.
7. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(b) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(c) Like sands through the hourglass.
(d) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
8. What does Concetta represent to the Prince at the end of his life?
(a) Confidence and intelligence.
(b) All that is good and noble.
(c) All that is fair and unpredictable.
(d) Wealth and sophistication.
9. According to Chevalley, what would the Prince be doing in the Senate?
(a) Creating new laws.
(c) Monitoring the government.
(d) Preventing bribery.
10. What time does the ball end in Chapter 6?
(a) Four in the morning.
(b) Two in the morning.
(c) Eight in the morning.
(d) Six in the morning.
11. What did Donna Rosa do for the Salina sisters?
(a) Informed them of the location of relics.
(b) Produced relics for them.
(c) Advised them on what relics to collect.
(d) Sold relics for them.
12. How long did it take the Salina sisters to acquire each relic?
(a) One to two months.
(b) One to two years.
(c) One to two weeks.
(d) One to two days.
13. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is silent.
14. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
(a) With respect.
(b) With disrespect.
(c) With caution.
(d) With permission.
15. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Locally significant, but not historically.
(b) Historically significant.
(c) Locally insignificant, but historical.
(d) Historically insignificant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
2. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
3. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
4. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
5. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)