Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prince and Calogero act during their conversation in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Neither will listen to the other.
(b) Neither will look at the other.
2. How is Angelica received at the ball?
(a) Her appearance is criticized by most of the people.
(b) Her appearance is criticized by half of the people.
(c) Her appearance is a mild success.
(d) Her appearance is a huge success.
3. How does Pirrone describe the Prince's reaction to the revolution in his speech?
(a) He says that the Prince's reaction is foolish.
(b) He says that the Prince's reaction is justified.
(c) He says that the Prince has no reaction.
(d) He says the the Prince's reaction is inexusable.
4. Who is the authoritarian of the Salina family when the Cardinal's representatives visit their house?
5. How does Paolo die?
(a) He dies from a severe fever.
(b) He falls from a roof.
(c) He dies from an unknown illness.
(d) He is thrown from a horse.
6. What does Calogero realize as the preparations for Tancredi and Angelica's wedding are made?
(a) The value in saving money.
(b) The benefits of being wealthy.
(c) The value in better grooming.
(d) The drawbacks of being wealthy.
7. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
8. How does Calogero appear when he arrives at the ball?
(a) Much worse than the Prince.
(c) He does not stay long enough for anyone to notice him.
(d) Much better than the Prince.
9. What prevents the onlookers from applauding as the Prince and Angelica stop dancing?
(a) His lion-like air.
(b) His tiger-like air.
(c) His leopard-like air.
(d) His jaguar-like air.
10. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
(a) Her family's coarseness.
(b) The town's appreciation for her.
(c) The town's dislike for her.
(d) Her family's intelligence.
11. How does the Princess pass away?
(a) Old age.
(b) An accident.
12. How is the life that has been leaving the Prince described?
(a) Like a river flowing through a mountain stream.
(b) Like a wine bottle that is almost empty.
(c) Like a meal that has been eaten slowly.
(d) Like sands through the hourglass.
13. What does Ciccio think Calogero represents for the people?
(a) Harsh reality.
(b) Unattainable goals.
(c) A life deserving of sympathy.
(d) A fabricated life.
14. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is confused.
15. How much time has passed between Chapter 4 and Chapter 5?
(a) A few months.
(b) Several days.
(c) A few days.
(d) Several months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
2. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
3. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
4. What does Pirrone realize at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Who is Concetta's son named after?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)