|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
(a) They laugh.
(b) They are disgusted.
(c) They are fascinated.
(d) They ignore it.
2. Why is a leopard represented in each of the palace's rooms?
(a) It is the first animal ever captured by the family's ancestors.
(b) It is the family's insignia.
(c) It is the Prince's favorite animal.
(d) It is the Princess' favorite animal.
3. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
(b) Talking with her sister.
(c) Preparing a meal.
4. Which one of the following are not included in the list of Angelica's characteristics Ciccio reports to the Prince?
5. What has not affected Angelica, according to Ciccio?
(a) Her family's intelligence.
(b) Her family's coarseness.
(c) The town's appreciation for her.
(d) The town's dislike for her.
6. How does the Prince get home after the ball?
(a) He walks.
(b) He is driven in a carriage.
(c) He rides a horse.
(d) He is driven by a carriage for half of the way, and then walks.
7. Who does Pirrone compare Angelina to?
(a) No one.
(c) The Princess.
8. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(a) Aged letters.
(b) Decaying mementos.
9. How does the Prince describe Sicily's way of thinking to Chevalley?
(a) Old, but not tired.
(b) New, but not rejuvenated.
(c) Old and tired.
(d) New and rejuvenated.
10. What surprises the priests as they walk into the Salina's chapel?
(a) A sensual painting hanging behind the altar.
(b) The lack of windows in the chapel.
(c) The excessive amount of windows in the chapel.
(d) A sensual painting hanging beside the altar.
11. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is not receptive to them.
(b) She is very receptive to them.
(c) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(d) She is slightly receptive to them.
12. What stopped the influx of relics for the Salina sisters?
(a) There were no more relics available that interested the sisters.
(b) The death of Donna Rosa.
(c) The disappearance of Donna Rosa.
(d) The sisters could no longer afford them.
13. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
14. What tires the Prince in Chapter 7?
(a) A visit to a friend's house.
(b) A walk in the garden.
(c) A routine visit to a doctor.
(d) A last minute visit to a doctor.
15. How does Pirrone die?
(a) It is a mystery.
(b) An accident.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Concetta's son named after?
2. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
3. How does the Prince tell Ciccio that Angelica should be spoken about, now that she will marry Tancredi?
4. What month is it as Chapter 5 begins?
5. How is Carolina described in Chapter 8?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)