|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince tell Chevalley that he and other Sicilians have no interest in?
(a) The rebellion.
(b) Being involved in government.
(c) Understanding government.
2. Who is unhappy to see Angelica during her first visit after her betrothal?
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
3. How does the Prince first react to Chevalley's proposition to join the Senate?
(a) He is silent.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is upset.
(d) He is confused.
4. What is Concetta doing when the Prince returns from his talk with Calogero?
(b) Talking with her sister.
(c) Preparing a meal.
5. How close is Angelica to acquiring the title of Baroness in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Calogero is thinking of purchasing the title.
(b) Calogero is halfway through the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(c) Calogero has just started the negotiations for purchasing the title.
(d) Calogero is in final negotiations for purchasing the title.
6. Who sends Tancredi the money to purchase Angelica's ring?
(a) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
7. How does the Prince consider Concetta's son?
8. When does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) April of 1875.
(b) November of 1905.
(c) July of 1885.
(d) June of 1895.
9. What is the rumor about the relics that the Salina sisters have in their house?
(a) They might be stolen.
(b) They might not be authentic.
(c) They are worth more than the sisters are aware of.
(d) They are worth less than the sisters are aware of.
10. How long is the Prince's life?
(a) Eighty three years.
(b) Ninety three years.
(c) Seventy three years.
(d) Sixty three years.
11. What does Concetta keep in her lock boxes?
(b) Aged letters.
(d) Decaying mementos.
12. Why is a leopard represented in each of the palace's rooms?
(a) It is the first animal ever captured by the family's ancestors.
(b) It is the Prince's favorite animal.
(c) It is the family's insignia.
(d) It is the Princess' favorite animal.
13. How are the Count's initial attempts to pursue Concetta received?
(a) She is very receptive to them.
(b) She is reluctantly receptive to them.
(c) She is not receptive to them.
(d) She is slightly receptive to them.
14. What is the Prince's mood at the ball while he wanders through the halls of the Palazzo Ponteleone?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is anxious.
(d) He is gloomy.
15. How does the Prince consider the vote in Chapter 3, Part 2?
(a) Historically insignificant.
(b) Locally insignificant, but historical.
(c) Historically significant.
(d) Locally significant, but not historically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Chapter 8 begins?
2. What does Concetta anticipate as Chapter 8, Part 1 ends?
3. What are the three Salina sisters being investigated for?
4. How do the Prince's daughters respond to Tancredi's outfit?
5. How do many people feel about Calogero, according to Ciccio?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)