|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is unfazed.
2. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
3. What does Tancredi interrupt in the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) The Prince's breakfast.
(b) The Prince's nightly shave.
(c) The Prince's dinner.
(d) The Prince's morning shave.
4. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Fallen in with bad company.
(b) Lost half of his money.
(c) Betrayed his family.
(d) Lost all of his money.
5. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
(c) Her beauty and her money.
(d) Only her money.
6. Who does Don Calogero request to bring to the dinner?
(a) His niece.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His friend.
7. Who is Don Ciccio?
(a) The church cellist.
(b) The church vocalist.
(c) The church pianist.
(d) The church organist.
8. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's money.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's job.
9. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
(a) A female ancestor.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) A former enemy of the family.
(d) A male ancestor.
10. How is Angelica acting towards Tancredi in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(a) She is subliminally flirting with him.
(b) She is openly flirting with him.
(c) She is ignoring him.
(d) She is polite to him, but not interested.
11. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
(a) She substantiates it.
(b) She points out the inaccuracies of it.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She berates him.
12. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A wolf.
13. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
(a) The Princess approves of the marriage.
(b) She will never leave or betray him.
(c) Concetta approves of the marriage.
(d) She will bring a lot of money to the family.
14. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
15. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The full moon.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) The crescent moon.
(d) The rising sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
3. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
4. What stories is Tancredi telling Angelica after the dinner?
5. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)