|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Much more than the Prince.
(b) A little more than the Prince.
(c) Almost as much as the Prince.
(d) Much less than the Prince.
2. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
(a) The children at the table.
(b) No one.
(c) The adults and children at the table.
(d) The adults at the table.
3. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Warnings should be ignored.
(b) Nothing has to happen.
(c) Things have to change.
(d) Warnings should be taken seriously.
4. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He clawed his way to death.
(b) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(c) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He was killed by the Prince.
5. How does the Prince feel about Calogero's status?
(a) He is happy about it.
(b) He resents it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is angry about it.
6. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The other forces who oppose the King.
(b) The authority of the King.
(c) The criminals of Palermo.
(d) The people who live in Palermo.
7. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
8. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
(b) He begins talking about the revolution.
(c) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
(d) He begins to gossip.
9. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
10. Why are the military guardsmen posted in Palermo?
(a) To prevent the entrance of the King.
(b) To prevent the entrance of the rebels.
(c) To prevent the entrance of Tancredi.
(d) To prevent the entrance of the Prince.
11. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
12. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
13. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
(b) He is talkative.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
14. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
(a) None of them.
(b) Some of them.
(c) Most of them.
(d) All of them.
15. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the end of September.
(b) At the beginning of September.
(c) At the beginning of August.
(d) At the end of August.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince pass on the way to Palermo?
2. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
3. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
4. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
5. How did the local leaders of the revolution treat the Prince when they arrived at his palace?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)