Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
2. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) Getting dressed.
(b) Taking a bath.
3. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(b) Casa Rabbito.
(d) Casa Veninata.
4. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with Paolo.
(b) Walking by himself.
(c) Walking with the Princess.
(d) Walking with his dog.
5. How is Angelica acting towards Tancredi in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(a) She is openly flirting with him.
(b) She is ignoring him.
(c) She is subliminally flirting with him.
(d) She is polite to him, but not interested.
6. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The authority of the King.
(b) The people who live in Palermo.
(c) The criminals of Palermo.
(d) The other forces who oppose the King.
7. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
(a) Being in a small cave.
(b) Being in an unfamiliar forest.
(c) Being on a fast jet plane.
(d) Being on a strange planet.
8. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Fighting in a battle.
(d) Preparing for battle.
9. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
10. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's money.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's job.
11. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He disagrees with them.
(b) He agrees with them.
(c) He does not understand many of them.
(d) He does not understand any of them.
12. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is late, but confident.
(b) He is dressed badly.
(c) He is nervous, but on time.
(d) He is dressed impressively.
13. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is perturbed.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is happy.
14. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
15. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He becomes confused.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He panics.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
2. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
3. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
4. How has Calogero become wealthy?
5. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)