|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the beginning of August.
(b) At the end of September.
(c) At the end of August.
(d) At the beginning of September.
2. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
(a) No one.
(b) The children at the table.
(c) The adults at the table.
(d) The adults and children at the table.
3. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was told by the Princess.
(b) He was told by a guard.
(c) He was following the Prince.
(d) He was at the guard post.
4. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He was killed by the Prince.
(b) He clawed his way to death.
(c) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
5. How old is the tradition of visiting the convent that the family upholds in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(c) It is new.
6. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She substantiates it.
(c) She berates him.
(d) She points out the inaccuracies of it.
7. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her placidity.
(c) Her strong will.
(d) Her sense of humor.
8. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(b) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is talkative.
9. Where does the Prince go after his nap in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) To the garden.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the sitting room.
(d) To the kitchen.
10. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
(a) They resented it.
(b) They were ambiguous about it.
(c) They evacuated the town.
(d) They rejoiced.
11. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The barn.
(d) The sitting room.
12. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
13. How often does Angelica visit?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every day.
14. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
(a) Being on a fast jet plane.
(b) Being in an unfamiliar forest.
(c) Being in a small cave.
(d) Being on a strange planet.
15. How is the morning described as Chapter 3 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince respond to Calogero's appearance at the dinner?
2. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
3. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
4. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
5. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)