|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The end of his greed.
(b) The increase of his prestige.
(c) The beginning of his greed.
(d) The decline of his prestige.
2. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(c) Fighting in a battle.
(d) Preparing for battle.
3. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six months.
4. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
5. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The criminals of Palermo.
(b) The authority of the King.
(c) The people who live in Palermo.
(d) The other forces who oppose the King.
6. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is dressed badly.
(b) He is dressed impressively.
(c) He is nervous, but on time.
(d) He is late, but confident.
7. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching a waterfall.
(b) Watching his dog.
(c) Talking with a servant.
(d) Talking with a relative.
8. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) The barn.
(d) The sitting room.
9. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The crescent moon.
(b) The full moon.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The rising sun.
10. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is perturbed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is depressed.
11. Who accompanies the Prince on his walk the day after he receives the letter from Tancredi?
(a) Don Ciccio and Bendico.
(b) The Princess.
(c) Don Ciccio and Paolo.
(d) The Princess and Bendico.
12. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A castle-shaped jelly.
(b) A round-shaped jelly.
(c) A shield-shaped jelly.
(d) A square-shaped jelly.
13. How does the Prince feel about Calogero's status?
(a) He resents it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is happy about it.
(d) He is angry about it.
14. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Counting his posessions.
(b) A statue.
(c) His dog.
(d) Counting his money.
15. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) Taking a bath.
(d) Getting dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
3. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
4. Who is Don Ciccio?
5. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)