|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the desk of the Prince like?
(a) It is too small.
(d) It is too big.
2. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
(a) To a castle.
(b) To a convent.
(c) To an auction.
(d) To a relative's house.
3. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was at the guard post.
(b) He was told by the Princess.
(c) He was following the Prince.
(d) He was told by a guard.
4. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
5. How is Angelica acting towards Tancredi in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(a) She is ignoring him.
(b) She is subliminally flirting with him.
(c) She is polite to him, but not interested.
(d) She is openly flirting with him.
6. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
(a) She is out of town and cannot deliver it herself.
(b) She appreciates Pirrone's ability to communicate.
(c) She is no longer speaking to her father.
(d) She is fearful of her father's reaction.
7. How often does Angelica visit?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Twice a week.
8. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
9. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
10. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
(a) Aristocratically in their thoughts.
(b) Their positive reputation among common people.
(c) Their negative reputation among common people.
(d) Aristocratically in their actions.
11. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
12. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Getting dressed.
13. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching his dog.
(b) Talking with a relative.
(c) Watching a waterfall.
(d) Talking with a servant.
14. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
(a) He thinks she is forgetful.
(b) He thinks she is dangerous.
(c) He thinks she is prude.
(d) He thinks she is reckless.
15. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Much more than the Prince.
(b) Much less than the Prince.
(c) A little more than the Prince.
(d) Almost as much as the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
2. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
3. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
4. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. What are the rebels fighting against?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)