|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
(a) Her placidity.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her strong will.
(d) Her intelligence.
2. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) He will talk to his daughter later.
(b) He will consider speaking to his daughter one more time.
(c) He will talk to his daughter immediately.
(d) He will never speak to his daughter again.
3. What is the desk of the Prince like?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It is too small.
4. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The beginning of his greed.
(b) The decline of his prestige.
(c) The end of his greed.
(d) The increase of his prestige.
5. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a month.
6. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
(a) If she should prevent Tancredi's proposal to Angelica.
(b) If she should prevent Tancredi from moving closer.
(c) If she should move farther away from the city like Tancredi did.
(d) How she should respond to Tancredi's proposal to her.
7. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the beginning of August.
(b) At the beginning of September.
(c) At the end of August.
(d) At the end of September.
8. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
(a) The expansion of the Prince's property.
(b) The expansion of the rule of law.
(c) The destruction of the Prince's property.
(d) The destruction of the rule of law.
9. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) Associating with the rebels.
(b) Associating with the King.
(c) Making a bad investment.
(d) Selling all of his property.
10. How does Tancredi respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He continues his conversation.
(b) He stops his conversation.
(c) He immediately walks over to her.
(d) He avoids her.
11. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
12. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A square-shaped jelly.
(b) A castle-shaped jelly.
(c) A round-shaped jelly.
(d) A shield-shaped jelly.
13. How does the Prince respond to Calogero's appearance at the dinner?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is not aware of it.
(c) He is envious.
(d) He is angered by it.
14. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
15. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
(c) Her beauty and her money.
(d) Only her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the Prince on his walk the day after he receives the letter from Tancredi?
2. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
3. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
4. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
5. How much money does Calogero have?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)