|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's first course.
(b) The dinner's last course.
(c) The dessert.
(d) The decor of the room.
2. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Betrayed his family.
(b) Lost all of his money.
(c) Lost half of his money.
(d) Fallen in with bad company.
3. Who is Don Ciccio?
(a) The church organist.
(b) The church vocalist.
(c) The church pianist.
(d) The church cellist.
4. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Much less than the Prince.
(b) A little more than the Prince.
(c) Almost as much as the Prince.
(d) Much more than the Prince.
5. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was following the Prince.
(b) He was told by the Princess.
(c) He was told by a guard.
(d) He was at the guard post.
6. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
7. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
(a) A female ancestor.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) A male ancestor.
(d) A former enemy of the family.
8. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
9. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Move closer to the Prince.
(b) Propose to Concetta.
(c) Move farther away from the city.
(d) Propose to Angelica.
10. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The garden.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The barn.
11. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Fighting in a battle.
(d) Preparing for battle.
12. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Warnings should be ignored.
(b) Nothing has to happen.
(c) Warnings should be taken seriously.
(d) Things have to change.
13. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
(a) Being in an unfamiliar forest.
(b) Being on a fast jet plane.
(c) Being on a strange planet.
(d) Being in a small cave.
14. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(b) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
15. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
2. How is Angelica acting towards Tancredi in Chapter 2, Part 3?
3. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
4. Who is Paolo?
5. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)