|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's first course.
(b) The dessert.
(c) The decor of the room.
(d) The dinner's last course.
2. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
3. Who does Don Calogero request to bring to the dinner?
(a) His niece.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His friend.
4. How does the Prince feel about Calogero's status?
(a) He is happy about it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He resents it.
5. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
(a) June of 1860.
(b) May of 1860.
(c) May of 1870.
(d) June of 1870.
6. Where does the Prince go after his nap in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) To the garden.
(b) To the sitting room.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To the kitchen.
7. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five months.
8. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about stars.
(b) They talk about money.
(c) They talk about the weather.
(d) They talk about their relatives.
9. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
(a) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy militarily.
(b) Whether or not Sicily should militarily join with Italy.
(c) Whether or not Sicily should politically join with Italy.
(d) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy politically.
10. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The barn.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
11. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with Paolo.
(b) Walking with his dog.
(c) Walking with the Princess.
(d) Walking by himself.
12. How does Tancredi respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He avoids her.
(b) He continues his conversation.
(c) He stops his conversation.
(d) He immediately walks over to her.
13. How old is the tradition of visiting the convent that the family upholds in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(b) It is new.
14. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) Associating with the rebels.
(b) Selling all of his property.
(c) Associating with the King.
(d) Making a bad investment.
15. What does Tancredi interrupt in the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) The Prince's breakfast.
(b) The Prince's nightly shave.
(c) The Prince's morning shave.
(d) The Prince's dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
2. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
3. How has Calogero become wealthy?
4. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
5. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)