|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about their relatives.
(b) They talk about the weather.
(c) They talk about stars.
(d) They talk about money.
2. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
3. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(b) He is talkative.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
4. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
(a) Her placidity.
(b) Her strong will.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her intelligence.
5. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
(a) He had to send an urgent letter.
(b) He had to visit a business associate.
(c) He had to visit a friend.
(d) He had to write an urgent letter.
6. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
7. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is dressed impressively.
(b) He is late, but confident.
(c) He is nervous, but on time.
(d) He is dressed badly.
8. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) They are avoidable.
(b) They can only bring positive things.
(c) The can only bring negative things.
(d) They are inevitable.
9. Who is Paolo?
(a) The Prince's son.
(b) The Prince's nephew.
(c) The Prince's friend.
(d) The Prince's cousin.
10. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
(a) Whether or not Sicily should politically join with Italy.
(b) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy politically.
(c) Whether or not Sicily should militarily join with Italy.
(d) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy militarily.
11. Who does Don Calogero request to bring to the dinner?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His niece.
(d) His friend.
12. How does the Prince feel about Calogero's status?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is happy about it.
(c) He resents it.
(d) He is angry about it.
13. To defend his actions, what does Tancredi insist that he is doing?
(a) Making a sound business decision.
(b) Fighting for an unknown, but noble reason.
(c) Following the advice of an excellent business man.
(d) Fighting for a good reason.
14. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Move farther away from the city.
(b) Propose to Angelica.
(c) Propose to Concetta.
(d) Move closer to the Prince.
15. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) A former enemy of the family.
(c) A male ancestor.
(d) A female ancestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
2. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
3. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
4. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
5. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)