|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins to gossip.
(b) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
(c) He begins talking about the revolution.
(d) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
2. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Only her money.
(b) Her beauty and her money.
(c) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
(d) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
3. How does Concetta respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) She is furious.
(b) She is ignoring her.
(c) She is polite towards her.
(d) She is tolerant of her.
4. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with the Princess.
(b) Walking with Paolo.
(c) Walking with his dog.
(d) Walking by himself.
5. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(d) It is empty.
6. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is talkative.
(b) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
7. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A rabbit.
8. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
9. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Taking a bath.
10. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) The crescent moon.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The full moon.
11. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
(a) To a castle.
(b) To a convent.
(c) To a relative's house.
(d) To an auction.
12. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The new town mayor.
(b) The new town banker.
(c) The former town mayor.
(d) The former town banker.
13. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
(a) He thinks she is prude.
(b) He thinks she is reckless.
(c) He thinks she is dangerous.
(d) He thinks she is forgetful.
14. Who accompanies the Prince on his walk the day after he receives the letter from Tancredi?
(a) Don Ciccio and Paolo.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Princess and Bendico.
(d) Don Ciccio and Bendico.
15. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
2. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
3. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
4. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)