|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince dislike about his office?
(a) He thinks it is too small.
(b) The work it represents.
(c) He thinks it is too big.
(d) The lack of windows in it.
2. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Getting dressed.
3. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
4. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The other forces who oppose the King.
(b) The criminals of Palermo.
(c) The authority of the King.
(d) The people who live in Palermo.
5. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
(a) To a convent.
(b) To an auction.
(c) To a castle.
(d) To a relative's house.
6. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Counting his posessions.
(b) His dog.
(c) A statue.
(d) Counting his money.
7. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The new town banker.
(b) The new town mayor.
(c) The former town banker.
(d) The former town mayor.
8. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
9. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
10. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was at the guard post.
(b) He was told by a guard.
(c) He was told by the Princess.
(d) He was following the Prince.
11. How often does Angelica visit?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every day.
12. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(d) Fighting in a battle.
13. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(b) Casa Veninata.
(c) Casa Rabbito.
14. How did the local leaders of the revolution treat the Prince when they arrived at his palace?
15. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about money.
(b) They talk about stars.
(c) They talk about the weather.
(d) They talk about their relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
2. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
3. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
4. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
5. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)