|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Concetta respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) She is polite towards her.
(b) She is tolerant of her.
(c) She is furious.
(d) She is ignoring her.
2. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is unfazed.
3. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
(a) He thinks she is dangerous.
(b) He thinks she is prude.
(c) He thinks she is reckless.
(d) He thinks she is forgetful.
4. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The new town banker.
(b) The former town banker.
(c) The new town mayor.
(d) The former town mayor.
5. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Propose to Angelica.
(b) Move farther away from the city.
(c) Move closer to the Prince.
(d) Propose to Concetta.
6. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(b) Fighting in a battle.
7. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
8. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
(a) If she should move farther away from the city like Tancredi did.
(b) If she should prevent Tancredi from moving closer.
(c) If she should prevent Tancredi's proposal to Angelica.
(d) How she should respond to Tancredi's proposal to her.
9. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
(a) Aristocratically in their actions.
(b) Their positive reputation among common people.
(c) Aristocratically in their thoughts.
(d) Their negative reputation among common people.
10. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the beginning of August.
(b) At the end of August.
(c) At the end of September.
(d) At the beginning of September.
11. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
(b) He begins talking about the revolution.
(c) He begins to gossip.
(d) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
12. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) Getting dressed.
(b) Taking a bath.
13. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) Associating with the King.
(b) Associating with the rebels.
(c) Making a bad investment.
(d) Selling all of his property.
14. What does the Prince pass on the way to Palermo?
(a) Tancredi's working quarters.
(b) The town square.
(c) The town prison.
(d) Tancredi's villa.
15. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's last course.
(b) The dinner's first course.
(c) The decor of the room.
(d) The dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
2. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
3. How is the Prince feeling when he arrives at his estate in the first part of Chapter 2?
4. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
5. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)