|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) His dog.
(b) Counting his money.
(c) A statue.
(d) Counting his posessions.
2. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The barn.
(d) The garden.
3. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dessert.
(b) The dinner's first course.
(c) The decor of the room.
(d) The dinner's last course.
4. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
5. How does the Prince respond to Calogero's appearance at the dinner?
(a) He is not aware of it.
(b) He is envious.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is angered by it.
6. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the beginning of August.
(b) At the beginning of September.
(c) At the end of August.
(d) At the end of September.
7. What stories is Tancredi telling Angelica after the dinner?
(a) Stories about the revolutionary battles he was in.
(b) Stories about the revolutionary battles he observed.
(c) Stories about his business decisions and wealth.
(d) Stories about the property he owns.
8. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The full moon.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The crescent moon.
9. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Walking with the Princess.
(b) Walking with Paolo.
(c) Walking with his dog.
(d) Walking by himself.
10. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
(a) Their positive reputation among common people.
(b) Their negative reputation among common people.
(c) Aristocratically in their actions.
(d) Aristocratically in their thoughts.
11. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Lost half of his money.
(b) Lost all of his money.
(c) Fallen in with bad company.
(d) Betrayed his family.
12. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Prince.
13. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
(a) Her placidity.
(b) Her strong will.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her intelligence.
14. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
(a) He had to write an urgent letter.
(b) He had to visit a business associate.
(c) He had to visit a friend.
(d) He had to send an urgent letter.
15. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He does not understand many of them.
(b) He agrees with them.
(c) He disagrees with them.
(d) He does not understand any of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
2. What does the Prince dislike about his office?
3. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
4. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
5. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)