Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
2. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
(a) A friend.
(b) His mistress.
(c) A mysterious informant.
(d) A rebel leader.
3. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
4. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is dressed impressively.
(b) He is late, but confident.
(c) He is dressed badly.
(d) He is nervous, but on time.
5. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
(b) He begins to gossip.
(c) He begins talking about the revolution.
(d) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
6. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
(a) Her placidity.
(b) Her sense of humor.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her strong will.
7. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The crescent moon.
(b) The full moon.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The setting sun.
8. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
(a) No one.
(b) The children at the table.
(c) The adults at the table.
(d) The adults and children at the table.
9. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a month.
10. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) Selling all of his property.
(b) Associating with the King.
(c) Associating with the rebels.
(d) Making a bad investment.
11. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
12. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He disagrees with them.
(b) He agrees with them.
(c) He does not understand any of them.
(d) He does not understand many of them.
13. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
(b) He is talkative.
(c) He is quiet.
(d) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
14. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Things have to change.
(b) Nothing has to happen.
(c) Warnings should be ignored.
(d) Warnings should be taken seriously.
15. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's job.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
2. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
3. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
4. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
5. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)