|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was told by a guard.
(b) He was following the Prince.
(c) He was at the guard post.
(d) He was told by the Princess.
2. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(a) It is empty.
3. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is unfazed.
4. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a month.
6. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He was killed by the Prince.
(b) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(c) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He clawed his way to death.
7. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) His mood remains the same.
(b) He avoids her.
(c) His mood changes.
(d) He immediately walks over to her.
8. How old is the tradition of visiting the convent that the family upholds in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(a) It is new.
9. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
10. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Taking a bath.
11. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) He will talk to his daughter immediately.
(b) He will consider speaking to his daughter one more time.
(c) He will talk to his daughter later.
(d) He will never speak to his daughter again.
12. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins to gossip.
(b) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
(c) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
(d) He begins talking about the revolution.
13. To defend his actions, what does Tancredi insist that he is doing?
(a) Making a sound business decision.
(b) Fighting for an unknown, but noble reason.
(c) Following the advice of an excellent business man.
(d) Fighting for a good reason.
14. What is the desk of the Prince like?
(a) It is too big.
(c) It is too small.
15. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
2. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
3. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
4. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
5. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)