|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
(a) May of 1870.
(b) June of 1870.
(c) May of 1860.
(d) June of 1860.
2. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
(a) She will bring a lot of money to the family.
(b) Concetta approves of the marriage.
(c) The Princess approves of the marriage.
(d) She will never leave or betray him.
3. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A shield-shaped jelly.
(b) A round-shaped jelly.
(c) A castle-shaped jelly.
(d) A square-shaped jelly.
4. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He does not understand any of them.
(b) He disagrees with them.
(c) He agrees with them.
(d) He does not understand many of them.
5. How does the Prince respond to Calogero's appearance at the dinner?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angered by it.
(c) He is not aware of it.
(d) He is envious.
6. How does Concetta respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) She is tolerant of her.
(b) She is ignoring her.
(c) She is polite towards her.
(d) She is furious.
7. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was at the guard post.
(b) He was told by a guard.
(c) He was following the Prince.
(d) He was told by the Princess.
8. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
9. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Talking with a servant.
(b) Talking with a relative.
(c) Watching his dog.
(d) Watching a waterfall.
10. Who is Don Ciccio?
(a) The church pianist.
(b) The church organist.
(c) The church vocalist.
(d) The church cellist.
11. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) He will consider speaking to his daughter one more time.
(b) He will never speak to his daughter again.
(c) He will talk to his daughter later.
(d) He will talk to his daughter immediately.
12. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins to gossip.
(b) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
(c) He begins talking about the revolution.
(d) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
13. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is perturbed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is confused.
14. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the garden.
(d) She is gone.
15. How does Tancredi respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He stops his conversation.
(b) He immediately walks over to her.
(c) He continues his conversation.
(d) He avoids her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
3. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
4. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
5. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)