|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tancredi interrupt in the beginning of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) The Prince's morning shave.
(b) The Prince's dinner.
(c) The Prince's nightly shave.
(d) The Prince's breakfast.
2. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(d) Fighting in a battle.
3. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about their relatives.
(b) They talk about the weather.
(c) They talk about money.
(d) They talk about stars.
4. Why are the military guardsmen posted in Palermo?
(a) To prevent the entrance of the Prince.
(b) To prevent the entrance of Tancredi.
(c) To prevent the entrance of the rebels.
(d) To prevent the entrance of the King.
5. How did the local leaders of the revolution treat the Prince when they arrived at his palace?
6. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
(a) Whether or not Sicily should militarily join with Italy.
(b) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy politically.
(c) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy militarily.
(d) Whether or not Sicily should politically join with Italy.
7. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
(a) June of 1860.
(b) May of 1870.
(c) May of 1860.
(d) June of 1870.
8. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is nervous, but on time.
(b) He is late, but confident.
(c) He is dressed badly.
(d) He is dressed impressively.
9. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
10. Who does Don Calogero request to bring to the dinner?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His niece.
(d) His friend.
11. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He agrees with them.
(b) He does not understand many of them.
(c) He disagrees with them.
(d) He does not understand any of them.
12. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The criminals of Palermo.
(b) The people who live in Palermo.
(c) The other forces who oppose the King.
(d) The authority of the King.
13. How has Calogero become wealthy?
(a) As a horse trader.
(b) As a politician.
(c) As a landowner.
(d) As a gambler.
14. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) The can only bring negative things.
(b) They are avoidable.
(c) They can only bring positive things.
(d) They are inevitable.
15. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He immediately walks over to her.
(b) His mood changes.
(c) He avoids her.
(d) His mood remains the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
2. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
3. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
4. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
5. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)