|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
2. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Counting his money.
(b) A statue.
(c) His dog.
(d) Counting his posessions.
3. What does the Prince dislike about his office?
(a) He thinks it is too small.
(b) The lack of windows in it.
(c) The work it represents.
(d) He thinks it is too big.
4. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
(a) The destruction of the rule of law.
(b) The destruction of the Prince's property.
(c) The expansion of the Prince's property.
(d) The expansion of the rule of law.
5. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The beginning of his greed.
(b) The decline of his prestige.
(c) The increase of his prestige.
(d) The end of his greed.
6. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
7. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) His mood changes.
(b) He avoids her.
(c) His mood remains the same.
(d) He immediately walks over to her.
8. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Move closer to the Prince.
(b) Propose to Angelica.
(c) Move farther away from the city.
(d) Propose to Concetta.
9. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
(a) If she should move farther away from the city like Tancredi did.
(b) If she should prevent Tancredi's proposal to Angelica.
(c) How she should respond to Tancredi's proposal to her.
(d) If she should prevent Tancredi from moving closer.
10. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five months.
11. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is perturbed.
12. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching his dog.
(b) Talking with a servant.
(c) Talking with a relative.
(d) Watching a waterfall.
13. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The former town banker.
(b) The former town mayor.
(c) The new town mayor.
(d) The new town banker.
14. Why are the military guardsmen posted in Palermo?
(a) To prevent the entrance of the rebels.
(b) To prevent the entrance of the King.
(c) To prevent the entrance of the Prince.
(d) To prevent the entrance of Tancredi.
15. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The full moon.
(b) The crescent moon.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) The setting sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paolo?
2. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
3. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
4. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
5. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)