|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
2. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Almost as much as the Prince.
(b) A little more than the Prince.
(c) Much more than the Prince.
(d) Much less than the Prince.
3. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) His mood remains the same.
(b) He immediately walks over to her.
(c) His mood changes.
(d) He avoids her.
4. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
(a) The Prince.
(d) The Princess.
5. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
6. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's money.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's job.
7. What kind of paintings line the walls of the Prince's office?
(a) Paintings done by the Prince himself.
(b) Century old paintings.
(c) New paintings.
(d) Decade old paintings.
8. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
(a) June of 1860.
(b) June of 1870.
(c) May of 1870.
(d) May of 1860.
9. Who accompanies the Prince on his walk the day after he receives the letter from Tancredi?
(a) Don Ciccio and Bendico.
(b) The Princess and Bendico.
(c) Don Ciccio and Paolo.
(d) The Princess.
10. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He was killed by the Prince.
(b) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(c) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He clawed his way to death.
11. How is Angelica acting towards Tancredi in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(a) She is openly flirting with him.
(b) She is polite to him, but not interested.
(c) She is subliminally flirting with him.
(d) She is ignoring him.
12. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The decline of his prestige.
(b) The increase of his prestige.
(c) The end of his greed.
(d) The beginning of his greed.
13. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(c) Fighting in a battle.
14. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
15. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
(a) Counting his posessions.
(b) A statue.
(c) Counting his money.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
2. What is the Prince doing at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
4. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
5. How did the local leaders of the revolution treat the Prince when they arrived at his palace?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)