|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
2. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
3. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
4. What does the Prince pass on the way to Palermo?
(a) The town square.
(b) Tancredi's working quarters.
(c) The town prison.
(d) Tancredi's villa.
5. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(a) He will consider speaking to his daughter one more time.
(b) He will talk to his daughter immediately.
(c) He will never speak to his daughter again.
(d) He will talk to his daughter later.
6. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her placidity.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her strong will.
7. Who is Don Ciccio?
(a) The church cellist.
(b) The church pianist.
(c) The church vocalist.
(d) The church organist.
8. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
(a) He is late, but confident.
(b) He is dressed badly.
(c) He is dressed impressively.
(d) He is nervous, but on time.
9. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's first course.
(b) The decor of the room.
(c) The dinner's last course.
(d) The dessert.
10. In what way does the Prince consider himself and Tancredi more alike than he thought?
(a) Aristocratically in their actions.
(b) Aristocratically in their thoughts.
(c) Their negative reputation among common people.
(d) Their positive reputation among common people.
11. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
(a) To a relative's house.
(b) To a castle.
(c) To an auction.
(d) To a convent.
12. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
(a) His mistress.
(b) A friend.
(c) A rebel leader.
(d) A mysterious informant.
13. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
(a) Being on a fast jet plane.
(b) Being on a strange planet.
(c) Being in an unfamiliar forest.
(d) Being in a small cave.
14. What kind of paintings line the walls of the Prince's office?
(a) Century old paintings.
(b) New paintings.
(c) Paintings done by the Prince himself.
(d) Decade old paintings.
15. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Propose to Concetta.
(b) Move farther away from the city.
(c) Propose to Angelica.
(d) Move closer to the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
2. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
3. Who accompanies the Prince on his walk the day after he receives the letter from Tancredi?
4. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
5. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)