|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
(a) He had to visit a business associate.
(b) He had to write an urgent letter.
(c) He had to send an urgent letter.
(d) He had to visit a friend.
2. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Lost all of his money.
(b) Lost half of his money.
(c) Fallen in with bad company.
(d) Betrayed his family.
3. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
4. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's job.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's money.
5. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is perturbed.
(d) He is confused.
6. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
(a) A rebel leader.
(b) His mistress.
(c) A friend.
(d) A mysterious informant.
7. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He does not understand many of them.
(b) He disagrees with them.
(c) He agrees with them.
(d) He does not understand any of them.
8. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's first course.
(b) The decor of the room.
(c) The dinner's last course.
(d) The dessert.
9. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
(d) Sword fighting.
10. What is the Prince overlooking in his daughter?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her placidity.
(c) Her strong will.
(d) Her sense of humor.
11. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
(a) She is fearful of her father's reaction.
(b) She is out of town and cannot deliver it herself.
(c) She appreciates Pirrone's ability to communicate.
(d) She is no longer speaking to her father.
12. How does the Prince travel to Palermo?
(a) He drives a carriage.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides a horse.
(d) He is driven in a carriage.
13. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The beginning of his greed.
(b) The increase of his prestige.
(c) The end of his greed.
(d) The decline of his prestige.
14. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She points out the inaccuracies of it.
(c) She substantiates it.
(d) She berates him.
15. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A shield-shaped jelly.
(b) A round-shaped jelly.
(c) A square-shaped jelly.
(d) A castle-shaped jelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
2. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
3. How did the citizens of Palermo react to the revolution?
4. How much money does Calogero have?
5. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)