|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Taking a bath.
2. What kind of paintings line the walls of the Prince's office?
(a) Decade old paintings.
(b) Paintings done by the Prince himself.
(c) New paintings.
(d) Century old paintings.
3. What do the Prince and Tancredi talk about during their uncomfortable discussion in Chapter 2, Part 2?
4. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) They are inevitable.
(b) They are avoidable.
(c) The can only bring negative things.
(d) They can only bring positive things.
5. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
(a) The meal.
(c) The weather.
6. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
(a) Her placidity.
(b) Her strong will.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her sense of humor.
7. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
8. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He does not understand any of them.
(b) He agrees with them.
(c) He does not understand many of them.
(d) He disagrees with them.
9. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He was killed by the Prince.
(c) He clawed his way to death.
(d) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
10. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
(a) Propose to Angelica.
(b) Move farther away from the city.
(c) Move closer to the Prince.
(d) Propose to Concetta.
11. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) She is gone.
12. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The decline of his prestige.
(b) The increase of his prestige.
(c) The beginning of his greed.
(d) The end of his greed.
13. Why are the military guardsmen posted in Palermo?
(a) To prevent the entrance of Tancredi.
(b) To prevent the entrance of the rebels.
(c) To prevent the entrance of the King.
(d) To prevent the entrance of the Prince.
14. Who does Don Calogero request to bring to the dinner?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friend.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His niece.
15. How does Pirrone react when he interrupts the Prince?
(a) He is unfazed.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
2. To defend his actions, what does Tancredi insist that he is doing?
3. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
4. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
5. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)