|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
(c) The meal.
(d) The weather.
2. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
(b) Her beauty and her money.
(c) Only her money.
(d) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
3. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(b) The Princess.
(d) The Prince.
4. How does the Prince change the subject while talking to Tancredi?
(a) He begins to gossip.
(b) He begins talking about Calogero's money.
(c) He begins talking about Tancredi's money.
(d) He begins talking about the revolution.
5. What does the change of the Prince represent in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The increase of his prestige.
(b) The beginning of his greed.
(c) The decline of his prestige.
(d) The end of his greed.
6. What does Tancredi write in a letter to justify his desire to marry Angelica?
(a) She will bring a lot of money to the family.
(b) Concetta approves of the marriage.
(c) The Princess approves of the marriage.
(d) She will never leave or betray him.
7. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The decor of the room.
(b) The dinner's last course.
(c) The dinner's first course.
(d) The dessert.
8. Who is Paolo?
(a) The Prince's cousin.
(b) The Prince's nephew.
(c) The Prince's friend.
(d) The Prince's son.
9. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The barn.
(b) The sitting room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
10. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Warnings should be ignored.
(b) Nothing has to happen.
(c) Warnings should be taken seriously.
(d) Things have to change.
11. What is the Prince's favorite dessert?
(a) A round-shaped jelly.
(b) A shield-shaped jelly.
(c) A castle-shaped jelly.
(d) A square-shaped jelly.
12. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
(a) A former enemy of the family.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) A male ancestor.
(d) A female ancestor.
13. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He was killed by the Prince.
(c) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(d) He clawed his way to death.
14. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is talkative.
(c) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
(d) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
15. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He does not understand many of them.
(b) He does not understand any of them.
(c) He agrees with them.
(d) He disagrees with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
3. What is the Prince preoccupied with when Tancredi interrupts him in the second part of Chapter 2?
4. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
5. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)