|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the desk of the Prince like?
(a) It is too small.
(c) It is too big.
2. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Betrayed his family.
(b) Fallen in with bad company.
(c) Lost half of his money.
(d) Lost all of his money.
3. Who does Don Calogero request to bring to the dinner?
(a) His friend.
(b) His niece.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
4. When does the first chapter of The Leopard take place?
(a) June of 1860.
(b) June of 1870.
(c) May of 1870.
(d) May of 1860.
5. How old is the tradition of visiting the convent that the family upholds in Chapter 2, Part 3?
(d) It is new.
6. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
7. What does the Prince shoot during his walk in Chapter 3, Part 1?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A rabbit.
8. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Warnings should be taken seriously.
(b) Nothing has to happen.
(c) Warnings should be ignored.
(d) Things have to change.
9. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
(c) He is talkative.
(d) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
10. What does the Prince dislike about his office?
(a) The lack of windows in it.
(b) He thinks it is too big.
(c) He thinks it is too small.
(d) The work it represents.
11. What does Tancredi brush away from Concetta's face?
12. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
13. What is the primary source of sensuality, according to the guests at the dinner?
(c) The weather.
(d) The meal.
14. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the beginning of September.
(b) At the end of September.
(c) At the beginning of August.
(d) At the end of August.
15. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
(a) He had to visit a friend.
(b) He had to write an urgent letter.
(c) He had to send an urgent letter.
(d) He had to visit a business associate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
2. Who is Don Calogero?
3. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
4. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. What analogy is given to describe the uneasiness of the Prince with his new lifestyle?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)