|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Prince's bad dreams to fade away?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) The crescent moon.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The full moon.
2. What do the men practice as the Prince visits Pirrone?
(a) Sword fighting.
3. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three months.
4. How does the Prince respond to Tancredi's reasons for proposing to Angelica?
(a) He agrees with them.
(b) He disagrees with them.
(c) He does not understand any of them.
(d) He does not understand many of them.
5. What stories is Tancredi telling Angelica after the dinner?
(a) Stories about his business decisions and wealth.
(b) Stories about the revolutionary battles he was in.
(c) Stories about the property he owns.
(d) Stories about the revolutionary battles he observed.
6. What questions does the Plebiscite of Unification raise?
(a) Whether or not Sicily should politically join with Italy.
(b) Whether or not Sicily should militarily join with Italy.
(c) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy politically.
(d) Whether or not Sicily should abandon Italy militarily.
7. How often does Tancredi write to the Prince?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
8. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(d) Fighting in a battle.
9. How does Tancredi know that the Prince has visited Palermo?
(a) He was at the guard post.
(b) He was following the Prince.
(c) He was told by a guard.
(d) He was told by the Princess.
10. What does the Prince pass on the way to Palermo?
(a) Tancredi's villa.
(b) The town prison.
(c) Tancredi's working quarters.
(d) The town square.
11. Who is Paolo?
(a) The Prince's cousin.
(b) The Prince's son.
(c) The Prince's friend.
(d) The Prince's nephew.
12. How does the Prince respond to Angelica at the dinner?
(a) He avoids her.
(b) His mood changes.
(c) His mood remains the same.
(d) He immediately walks over to her.
13. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
14. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Much less than the Prince.
(b) Almost as much as the Prince.
(c) Much more than the Prince.
(d) A little more than the Prince.
15. Where is the Princess when the Prince returns from Palermo in Chapter 1?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In bed.
(d) She is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rebels fighting against?
2. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
3. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
4. Who is Don Calogero?
5. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)