|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
(a) A female ancestor.
(b) A former enemy of the family.
(c) A male ancestor.
(d) A friend of the family.
2. What does the Prince like about his daughter?
(a) Her strong will.
(b) Her placidity.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her intelligence.
3. What attracts Tancredi to Angelica?
(a) Her beauty and her money.
(b) Her beauty, her money, and her intelligence.
(c) Only her money.
(d) Her beauty and her intelliegnce.
4. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Five months.
5. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(c) It is empty.
6. Who is Paolo?
(a) The Prince's cousin.
(b) The Prince's nephew.
(c) The Prince's son.
(d) The Prince's friend.
7. What happened to the soldier that the Prince is remembering?
(a) He disappeared after eating at the Prince's house.
(b) He was killed by the Prince.
(c) He clawed his way to death.
(d) He became ill after eating at the Prince's house.
8. What is the Prince doing when Pirrone interrupts in Chapter 2, Part 2?
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Getting dressed.
9. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
10. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
(a) A rebel leader.
(b) A friend.
(c) A mysterious informant.
(d) His mistress.
11. How does the Prince announce he is going to Palermo?
12. What will be the result of the revolution, according to Pirrone?
(a) The expansion of the rule of law.
(b) The destruction of the rule of law.
(c) The expansion of the Prince's property.
(d) The destruction of the Prince's property.
13. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The new town banker.
(b) The former town banker.
(c) The new town mayor.
(d) The former town mayor.
14. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) Much less than the Prince.
(b) A little more than the Prince.
(c) Almost as much as the Prince.
(d) Much more than the Prince.
15. To defend his actions, what does Tancredi insist that he is doing?
(a) Fighting for an unknown, but noble reason.
(b) Making a sound business decision.
(c) Following the advice of an excellent business man.
(d) Fighting for a good reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. How often does Angelica visit?
3. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
4. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)