|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(c) Fighting in a battle.
2. Who discovered the convent that the Prince is visiting?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) A male ancestor.
(c) A former enemy of the family.
(d) A female ancestor.
3. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
4. Who knows the real reason the Prince is going to Palermo?
(a) The adults and children at the table.
(b) No one.
(c) The children at the table.
(d) The adults at the table.
5. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
6. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
(a) She is fearful of her father's reaction.
(b) She is out of town and cannot deliver it herself.
(c) She is no longer speaking to her father.
(d) She appreciates Pirrone's ability to communicate.
7. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about the weather.
(b) They talk about their relatives.
(c) They talk about stars.
(d) They talk about money.
8. Where is the Prince's family estate they visit in Chapter 2 located?
(c) Casa Veninata.
(d) Casa Rabbito.
9. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) They are avoidable.
(b) The can only bring negative things.
(c) They can only bring positive things.
(d) They are inevitable.
10. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
11. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching a waterfall.
(b) Talking with a relative.
(c) Talking with a servant.
(d) Watching his dog.
12. According to Tancredi, what has to happen if things are to remain the same?
(a) Things have to change.
(b) Nothing has to happen.
(c) Warnings should be taken seriously.
(d) Warnings should be ignored.
13. After the Prince says his daily prayers, where does he go?
(a) The sitting room.
(b) The garden.
(c) The barn.
(d) The kitchen.
14. To defend his actions, what does Tancredi insist that he is doing?
(a) Fighting for an unknown, but noble reason.
(b) Making a sound business decision.
(c) Following the advice of an excellent business man.
(d) Fighting for a good reason.
15. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Lost all of his money.
(b) Betrayed his family.
(c) Lost half of his money.
(d) Fallen in with bad company.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Angelica visit?
2. According to Tancredi, where did Tassoni accompany him?
3. Who is in Palermo that the Prince is going to visit?
4. Who is Don Ciccio?
5. What is the desk of the Prince like?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)