|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the desk of the Prince like?
(c) It is too big.
(d) It is too small.
2. How is the morning described as Chapter 3 begins?
3. Why has Concetta asked Pirrone to deliver the news to the Prince?
(a) She appreciates Pirrone's ability to communicate.
(b) She is out of town and cannot deliver it herself.
(c) She is fearful of her father's reaction.
(d) She is no longer speaking to her father.
4. How does the Prince respond to the thoughts he is having of the soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is perturbed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is depressed.
5. How does the Prince's family know he is upset at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He is making unusually loud noises as he eats.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is talkative.
(d) He is breaking the eating utensils during the meal.
6. How does the Prince consider the Princess on his way to Palermo?
(a) He thinks she is dangerous.
(b) He thinks she is forgetful.
(c) He thinks she is reckless.
(d) He thinks she is prude.
7. How often does Angelica visit?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a week.
8. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
(c) It is empty.
9. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The Prince.
10. What is Garibaldi doing as the Prince eats lunch and takes a nap?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(d) Fighting in a battle.
11. What is the reason Tancredi gives for leaving after the Prince's visit to the convent?
(a) He had to visit a friend.
(b) He had to visit a business associate.
(c) He had to send an urgent letter.
(d) He had to write an urgent letter.
12. How does the Prince respond to the news of Garibaldi's approach at the end of Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He panics.
(d) He becomes confused.
13. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's first course.
(b) The dinner's last course.
(c) The dessert.
(d) The decor of the room.
14. Who is Paolo?
(a) The Prince's nephew.
(b) The Prince's friend.
(c) The Prince's cousin.
(d) The Prince's son.
15. How much money does Calogero have?
(a) A little more than the Prince.
(b) Much more than the Prince.
(c) Much less than the Prince.
(d) Almost as much as the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Prince trying to talk Tancredi out of in Chapter 1, Part 2?
2. How does Concetta react to Tancredi's story about Tassoni?
3. According to Pirrone, what is Tancredi about to do?
4. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
5. How many men besides the Prince are allowed to enter the convent?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)