|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the desk of the Prince like?
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too big.
2. Who is Don Calogero?
(a) The former town banker.
(b) The new town mayor.
(c) The new town banker.
(d) The former town mayor.
3. What is described at the beginning of the third part of Chapter 2?
(a) The dinner's last course.
(b) The decor of the room.
(c) The dessert.
(d) The dinner's first course.
4. How do the Prince and Pirrone diffuse their anger in Chapter 1, Part 2?
(a) They talk about the weather.
(b) They talk about stars.
(c) They talk about money.
(d) They talk about their relatives.
5. How does the Prince travel to Palermo?
(a) He rides a horse.
(b) He walks.
(c) He is driven in a carriage.
(d) He drives a carriage.
6. What are the rebels fighting against?
(a) The other forces who oppose the King.
(b) The criminals of Palermo.
(c) The people who live in Palermo.
(d) The authority of the King.
7. What does the Prince tell Pirrone about the transformations of time?
(a) They are avoidable.
(b) They can only bring positive things.
(c) The can only bring negative things.
(d) They are inevitable.
8. How is the Prince greeted by the officials in Chapter 2, Part 1?
9. How is the morning described as Chapter 3 begins?
10. What is the Prince worried Tancredi has done?
(a) Betrayed his family.
(b) Fallen in with bad company.
(c) Lost half of his money.
(d) Lost all of his money.
11. How many of the guests have arrived for the dinner when the Prince and Tancredi reach the house?
(a) Most of them.
(b) Some of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) All of them.
12. After thinking about the soldier, what does the Prince wonder about his nephew?
(a) He wonders about his nephew's money.
(b) He wonders about his nephew's behavior.
(c) He wonders about his nephew's job.
(d) He wonders about his nephew's intelligence.
13. How many tenants visit the Prince in his office in the second part of Chapter 1?
14. What distracts the Prince from thinking about the soldier?
(a) Watching his dog.
(b) Watching a waterfall.
(c) Talking with a relative.
(d) Talking with a servant.
15. What does the Prince sense in Tancredi's words?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the room decorated where the Prince and his family say their daily prayers?
2. What is the Prince's response to Pirrone in Chapter 2, Part 2?
3. Who is Don Ciccio?
4. Who invites the officials to the traditional first night dinner in Chapter 2, Part 1?
5. Who invited the villagers to visit the estate later in the evening?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)