|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Calogero become wealthy?
(a) As a landowner.
(b) As a gambler.
(c) As a horse trader.
(d) As a politician.
2. What is it that Concetta has instructed Pirrone to ask her father?
(a) How she should respond to Tancredi's proposal to her.
(b) If she should move farther away from the city like Tancredi did.
(c) If she should prevent Tancredi's proposal to Angelica.
(d) If she should prevent Tancredi from moving closer.
3. Who is Don Ciccio?
(a) The church pianist.
(b) The church organist.
(c) The church vocalist.
(d) The church cellist.
4. How does the Prince perceive Tancredi?
(a) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for disappointment.
(b) He thinks that Tancredi is too naive to accomplish anything.
(c) He thinks that Tancredi is too smart to fail at anything.
(d) He thinks that Tancredi is destined for great things.
5. When does the harsh song of the cicadas arrive?
(a) At the end of September.
(b) At the beginning of August.
(c) At the beginning of September.
(d) At the end of August.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the desk of the Prince like?
2. How does Calogero appear when he arrives for the dinner?
3. What are the rebels fighting against?
4. How old is the tradition of visiting the convent that the family upholds in Chapter 2, Part 3?
5. How many months have passed between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)