Chapter 1, Part 1
* The Prince and his family say their prayers and he visits the garden, where a previous image of a soldier disturbs him.
* During a visit to see his mistress in Palermo, the Prince thinks about his discontent with his life.
* On the way back from Palermo, the Prince worries about his nephew, Tancredi, and the decisions he is making.
Chapter 1, Part 2
* Tancredi informs the Prince that he approves of the revolution and the positive results it will bring.
* The Prince and Pirrone disagree about the effects of the revolution and look to the stars for answers.
* The Prince symbolically consumes his favorite dessert, a castle-shaped jelly, before his son can have any.
Chapter 2, Part 1
* The Salinas are welcomed warmly in Donnafugata after the revolution.
* The new mayor, Calogero, has gained considerable wealth from land deals, and causes the Prince to harbor a level of resentment.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)