|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes childhood memories to flood back to Craig's mind?
2. How do Sally-Anne, Craig and Peter Fungabera travel in Zimbabwe?
3. What does Craig pay Comrade Lookout $1,000 per month to do?
4. Where are the elephants driven to, so they can be killed?
5. Where does Craig Mellow travel to in order to meet with his publisher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Craig spend his first 2 million dollars of restoration money on?
2. What is the outcome of Craig's negotiations with the spokesman at King's Lynn?
3. Explain Samson Kumalo's response to Craig's plan to restore his family ranch.
4. Why does Craig want to go back to Africa?
5. What are some of the changes Craig, Sally-Anne and Craig's associates are making to his property?
6. What does Sally-Anne share with Craig after they toast his purchase of Rholands Ranch?
7. Explain the situation between Craig and the warriors he encounters on King's Lynn.
8. What happens when Peter sets up an undercover operation to catch Tungata?
9. To what does Craig attribute the new flow of writing he has had as he works on his new book?
10. How is the relationship between Sally-Anne and Craig changing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sally-Anne and Craig's relationship begins when she arrives in Africa. Answer the following questions:
1) Why was there tension between Sally-Anne and Craig before she arrived in Africa?
2) What happened to end the tension between them?
3) Based on their interaction while they were with Peter, do you think their friendship with continue? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of poverty and wealth is discussed in the book as shown by the government and the people. Applying what you learned about Zimbabwe's contrast of poverty and wealth answer the following questions:
1) Why is there such a contrast between poverty and wealth?
2) What can be done to fix the problem?
3) Who created the problem? Why do you think this?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the events starting when Peter comes onto the King's Lynn property with his brigade until Craig and Sally-Anne end up at Empandi.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)