|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one of Vusamanzi's wives lead Peter to the caverns?
(a) Peter threatens to kill her.
(b) Peter is her secret lovers.
(c) Peter kills all of the other wives.
(d) Peter threatens to burn her baby alive.
2. After Captain Nbebi is killed, how does Sally-Anne help in Craig's fight against Peter's soldier?
(a) She throws a grenade into the patrols' vehicle.
(b) She shoots a soldier, killing him.
(c) She shoots a soldier, wounding him.
(d) She stabs a soldier.
3. As they are running from the prison break, what almost prevents Craig, Sarah and Tungata from making it to the Cessna?
(a) Lions are circling them.
(b) They run out of gas and have to run the rest of the way.
(c) Troopers dropping from Peter's plane.
(d) The vegetation in the bush is too thick.
4. What does Peter tell Bukharin he wants other than Zimbabwe?
(a) All of Botswana.
(b) All of Africa.
(c) All the land to the south of Zimbabwe.
(d) All countries touching the Zimbabwe border.
5. Why can't Craig, Sally Anne, Sarah and Tungata escape up the rope ladder that is by the edge in cavern?
(a) The ladder breaks.
(b) They can't reach the bottom of the ladder.
(c) Peter's troops are waiting at the top.
(d) The ladder doesn't go all the way up to the top.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Craig and Sally-Anne defeat all of Peter's soldiers and continue on foot, what do they forget to take with them?
2. How does Tungata know for sure that Sarah has been released safely?
3. While in the tomb, why does Tungata change his name back to his given name of Samson?
4. Where do Sally-Anne, Craig and Sarah land the plane?
5. Where from the prison does Craig get extra fuel for their journey to the Cessna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the sacrifice Captain Nbebi makes for Craig and Sally-Anne.
2. What good happens at the end of the book?
3. How does Craig convince some rebels to help him free Tungata?
4. What parts of the Zimbabwe terrain help or hinder their get away?
5. How does Peter torture Tungata?
6. What does Peter do to try and find the exact whereabouts of Craig and the others?
7. Describe the contains of Nikolai's briefcase.
8. What do Craig and Tungata see as they near the waiting Cessna?
9. Who is Colonel Nikolai Bukharin?
10. How do Sally-Anne, Sarah and Craig prepare for their trip to Zimbabwe?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)